Chapter Nine

A Tragic Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The boys' heads snapped to the bedroom door and rushed over to it. Please, no, no, no. Changmin pleaded desperately in his head. Please, please, no. Kyuhyun reached the bedroom door first, grabbing the door knob and jerking it open, revealing a stunned Seohyun. She was staring at the carpeted floor at first but she soon raised her head slowly and stared at Changmin questioningly. "Oppa?"

This is so not happening.

"Oppa?" Seohyun quietly called out, her voice full of shock and slight fright. Her dark eyes met Changmin's fearful eyes, begging for him to answer, to confirm what she had just heard. Changmin's mouth dropped open but no words left it as he struggled for words, anything to explain to Seohyun. But it was clear as the day that nothing, no words could reassure Seohyun nor was there anything to stop the destruction of Changmin's world.

"Seohyun, I... I..." Changmin croaked out, his throat suddenly dry. Sensing his best friend's struggle for words, Kyuhyun stepped in. "Seohyun, let me explain ---"

"No, Kyuhyun. I want to hear it from Oppa himself." Seohyun interrupted her boyfriend suddenly, her voice serious and solemn. Changmin gaped at his sister, she had even dropped the affectionate term she had often used to call Kyuhyun. Changmin took a second look at Seohyun; when had she been so mature and grown-up? Wasn't she still the little girl that was his younger sister, the one who was the sole affection of his love? When had it all changed?

"Oppa, tell me." Seohyun's eyes turned sad as she pleaded for Changmin to answer her. She grabbed his hands and he jerked back instinctively. Hurt flashed across Seohyun’s eyes but it soon passed as she hardened her voice. "Oppa, you can’t possibly love me... can you?"

Her hopeful eyes met his desperate ones but it was a fact. A fact that he l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter