Chapter 6

Curiousity Killed the Cat

 

Pitch darkness, the sound of some snoring and the sound of constant rustling of sheets.

 

Kim Yukwon tossed and his bunk, unable to sleep. Too many thoughts ran through his mind, keeping him awake. He groaned, irritated with himself. All he wanted to do was get some sleep and he groaned even more when he realized he had less than 2 hours of sleep left.

 

He thought ever since he got it off his shoulders by pouring out his newly realized feelings for Zico to Minhyuk, he would be able to sleep better. Infact, he did, till this night

 

Woo Jiho.

 

Zico.

 

His leader. The person he looked up to. His bestfriend.

 

He was realized it wasn't a mere crush, he was inlove with the other boy.

 

Curling up into a ball under the sheets, he tried to clear his thoughts with whatever he could but it just didn't work. The only thing occupying his thoughts was Zico. His sharp eyes and long eyelashes, his plump lower lip, his tall build, his broad shoulders and broad chest, how he rapped, how he talked, his presence onstage, how he would laugh and smile around YukwonEverything about Zico was perfect to him, he was really all he could ever think about. It made him feel warm and happy but it was becoming too much. He really needed his sleep.

 

 

----------------------------------------------

 

 

Another day, another schedule.

 

The boys of Block B one by one crawled out of their beds at 7 in the morning and got themselves washed up. Everyone except for Yukwon, who finally managed to fall asleep within the last half hour. The maknae went over to his hyung's bunk and pat onto Yukwon.

 

“ Hyung, it's time to get up “

 

“ Hyuuuuung “

 

Yukwon mumbled and refused to get out of bed, back still facing P.O who then left to call for someone , “ He won't get up!! “. Then came along Kyung who gently shook Yukwon who was still facing the wall, “ Hey Kwon-ah, you need to get ready. Come on “. Still stubborn, he remained in bed. Minhyuk seeing what was happening nudged Zico who was brushing his teeth beside him, “ How about you try? “

 

“ Why? “

 

“ Just do it “

 

The taller boy finished with his brushing, gargled then headed to Yukwon's bunk. P.O was getting stressed, worrying they'd be late if they don't wake Yukwon up, Kyung had his arms crossed and eyebrows furrowed, trying to think of what to do.

 

“ Leave it to me “, Zico said as he passed the two, leaving question on their faces. “ Y-yah, what're you going to do?! “ Kyung called out as he watched his bestfriend climb up to Yukwon's bunk. Just before Zico took his last step onto the bunk he turned to his rapper friends with a grin, “ I'm going to wake him up “.

 

As Zico crawled ontop of him, Yukwon could feel the sudden foreign weight on his mattress. He groaned and brought the sheets over his head.

 

“ Kwon-ah “

 

That voice. It just made Yukwon not want to get out of bed more. Grabbing a pillow he placed it on his head. He actually thought he was hearing things.

 

Without hesitation, Zico grabbed the pillow and yanked it off Yukwon.

 

“ Get up Kwon-ah “

 

Rubbing his eyes and turning over slightly, Yukwon saw a figure towering over him. Slowly his vision cleared and saw it was Zico practically ontop of him. His eyes widened, cheeks flushed crimson. There was no where for him to run, he flipped over again, as if trying to hide himself. Zico chuckled at the scene happening before him and took Yukwon by the arm and brought him to sit up, “ You need to get ready or else we'll be late “. Faces mere centimetres away from each other's, Yukwon's heart rate was rapid, he couldn't bear to look Zico in the eyes and just looked away.

 

“ Didn't sleep well last night, huh? “ Zico pointed out to the dark circles around Yukwon's eyes, as if drawing them on. The leader crawled off the bunk and proceeded to climb down.

 

“ Oh, Kwon-ah “

 

He caught the attention of the dancer who looked over to him, while only his head was in view from the bunk now.

 

“ Good morning “, Zico smiled a soft smile and dissapeared from his vision.

 

Yukwon sat on his bunk for a moment, hands on his head as he let out a sigh. He ran his hands through his hair, as if brushing it out of his face.

 

 

This is all because of you.

 

 

“ OI KWON-AH GET OUT OF BED “

 

“ A-ah yes!! “

 

The brunette scrambled out of bed, almost slipping a step as he climbed down.

 

----------------------------------------------

 

 

Backstage the members of Block B were preparing for their performance, getting their make up done by their stylists. The two dancers were done and crouched down in a random corner.

 

“ Are you okay? I thought things were better already “

 

The hyung looked at his dongsaeng who hung his head between his legs. Yukwon was stressed.

 

“ Now that I realize my feelings, I really can't stop thinking about him at all “

 

“ That's normal “

 

The younger one needed comforting. Minhyuk knew how difficult it was, after all this boy had feelings for another boy which is clearly not something normal. Suddenly Yukwon sat up.

 

“ I know what to do “

 

“ What? “

 

Minhyuk was surprised at how Yukwon pretty much did a 360 mood change.

 

“ I've decided “

 

“ …......What? “

 

 

 

Turning his face to his hyung, surprisingly confidence showing on his face, “ I'm going to tell him “.

 

 

----------------------------------------------

 

 

It was already dark out, the boys reached their dorm and washed up. Despite the hour at the time, they decided to eat out at a place around the corner. One by one the members left, Yukwon walked over to Minhyuk and told him to go ahead.

 

“ I'll catch up with you guys later “

 

“ Are you sure about this? “

 

There was a pause till Yukwon looked to his hyung with that amazing smile he was known for.

 

“ Good luck “, Minhyuk gave a light pat on his shoulder and left with the others.

 

Zico was hopping into his shoes as he called out to the others only to have Yukwon stop him, “ I need to talk to you “. Pulling the taller boy back into the dorm, door left open, he wanted to make this quick. What he didn't know was that Minhyuk hadn't left and stayed to eavesdrop.

 

“ What's up? “

 

Having Zico standing right infront of him made him feel so nervous he felt nauseous. He gulped out of worry and stared to his feet, “ Well … “. This wasn't as easy as he thought it would've been and it didn't help when Zico bent slightly and cocked his head to the side to see Yukwon's face, “ You okay? “.

 

Around the corner stood peeping Minhyuk, he too, feeling nervous for Yukwon.

 

“ Oooh “

 

A voice came from over his shoulder causing him to jump a bit in fright. There stood Kyung just behind him.

 

“ What are you doing here?! “

 

“ It's not only me “, the younger one pointed out to the others who were there too, just behind him. “ You're not the only one who wants to know what's going on “, Kyung smirked. Gesturing with his hand as if shooing them away, Minhyuk whispered, “ Go, go. You guys can eat first “.

 

“ No way “
 

“ Just go “

 

“ No way hyung, we know what's going on “

 

Honestly it didn't surprise the raven haired boy, the two still in the dorm were blatantly obvious about each other. He looked over to the others who all nodded in agreement to Kyung's statement . He let out a sigh then gesturedto them to be quiet by placing a finger on his lips.

 

“ So what is it Kwon-ah? I'm starving like hell “

 

“ I'm sorry “

 

“ You can tell me later y'know? Let's go eat first “

 

Before Zico could take another step, Yukwon reached out and tugged him back, “ No, it has to be now “.

 

“ So what is it ? “

 

“ I... “

 

“ Yeah? “
 

Yukwon slapped himself with both palms and took a deep breath.

 

“ I like you “

 

“ Oooh ? “, Zico raised an eyebrow.

 

“ No “

 

“ What. “

 

“ I love you “

 

He hung his head low, trying to hide the tint of red creeping onto his face. Did I really just say that?

 

Zico smirked.

 

“ Then... “

 

Hesitantly Yukwon looked up, waiting for Zico's answer, one he wasn't expecting to hear.

 

 

“ What do you want me to do then ? “

 

 

----------------------------------------------

Let me know what you think~