Time

This is Forbidden Love

Kevin’s P.O.V

“Kevin, where do you think you’re going??” I heard my mother call as I was trying to stuff my left foot into my right shoe. I grumbled slightly to myself as I grabbed the other shoe, shoving my foot in.

“I’m going out to meet Kiseop.” I said, grabbing my jacket. I couldn't walk towards the door without my mom questioning if I was going out some where. I mean I know she was worried about me after the whole attack and every thing, but the hering was really starting to get on my nerves. She had never been like this. Even when I was being bullied back in the states.

“Kevin, you’re still not healed completely, and the police haven’t found that boy either!” My mom said a worried expression on her face.

“Umma, I’ll be ok. I’ll be with Kiseop and the others..” I looked over to her, smiling gently.
 “Where are you even going?” She asked, her hands on her hips. Oh god not this again.

“I’m going to a hair salon. He was saying out hair styles were kind of lame if we wanted to get into a company. So we’re all going to get our hair changed.” I said with a smile. My mom gave me a strange look.

“What do you mean get into a company?”

“I mean, we’re going to be trying out for a few entertainment companies here in Korea, to see if any of them will take us in as trainees.”

“Kevin you’re acting like nothing happened to you last week!” She said, her hands flailing up in the air. Here we go again.

“And you’re acting like I’m not gay so call this even!” I shouted, opening the door, walking out swiftly, slamming it shut behind me before she could even say anything else to me.

It had been a week since the attack. I was still in a lot of pain from everything, mostly my back though. The knife wounds weren’t deep, but the doctor told me they would all leave some form of a scar, giving me a permanent reminder of that horrible night. When I told my mom about Eli and me she shook it off, in some ways I think she just blocked it out of her head. I would tell her everyday that I was with Eli, that he was my boyfriend, and that I was falling in love with him. But then the next day it was as if I had never told her. Every time she blocked me out. I was getting frustrated, but I figured for now it was better then some of the other reactions I had had in mind. I pictured her shouting at me, saying she would disown me, or tell me I was band from seeing Eli, or saying that we would move, or maybe even send me away to an insane asylum to cure whatever ‘disease’ that I had. Even though none of those horrible things had happened, I couldn’t help but think that this reaction was even worse. She was ignoring it. I wasn’t sure how to react to that. I was getting angry, frustrated, and all that was in between. How could she just ignore it like that? It was as if I told her I had chicken for lunch instead of turkey. I huffed as I made my way through the town, trying to find the hair salon Kiseop had told me about. So far I couldn’t find it and I knew I was just getting myself more lost. I pulled out my phone, calling Kiseop.

“Kevin!” He shouted happily.

“Kiseop! I’m lost.” I whimpered. He laughed at me on the other end.

“I’ll send you a text for the address; Soohyun, Dongho, Hoon, AJ, and I are already here so you won’t be alone when you arrive.”

“Thanks Hyung. I’ll be there soon.” I said with a smile, hanging up. I checked my phone for a text from Eli. Normally he always texted me right when he woke up. And judging by all the others being awake, I figured he would be too. So why hadn’t he texted? My phone vibrated, making me look down quickly, pouting when it was only from Kiseop with the address of the hair place. I sighed, shoving my phone back into my pocket.

“Eli why won’t you call me damn it?!” I said out loud to myself, kicking at the ground as I waited for the light to turn.

As if my phone had read my mind, it came to life with that ringtone I always loved to hear. Eli’s voice rang through, his rap flawless. I smiled pressing the ‘send’ button, putting my phone to my ear.

“Good morning babe.” Eli said happily.

“Yah, it’s almost 12. It’s not morning anymore you jerk.” I pouted, and I could hear him chuckling softly on the other end.

“So I slept in on a Saturday, what are you going to do? Ground me?”

“No, but I might ban you from touching me.” I said, still pouting. Eli gasped, but chuckled.

“Now you see, that would be more of a punishment to you then me. You need my touches Kevin.” He said with a purr. I shivered slightly, a small blush on my cheeks. Eli was right, I did need he touches. Even though we agreed to take things slow, I knew that sooner before later one of us was going to break and we would have to push things all the way.

“Shut up…pabo…” I whispered defeated. Looking up I saw that the light had turned to red and I was able to cross the road.

“And I win again.” He said. I heard the rustling of clothes, and I knew he was finally getting dressed.

“Are you coming to the hair salon with the others?” I asked, jumping onto the curb.

“Yeah, Kiseop says my hair needs a touch up.”
“Yay! I’ll get to see you sooner then I thought today!” I giggled happily, jumping up and down slightly. I had figured that he would have just stayed home, and personally I thought his hair was fine, even if his natural black was starting to show on the roots.

“Kevin?” I heard him ask.

“What’s up?” I bit my bottom lip slightly.

“How’s you’re mom? Is she still denying everything?” His voice was serious now, all hint of teasing, or even happiness gone.

“Neh…I don’t know what to do Eli. I mean I tell her every day, but she still refuses to believe it.”
“Just give her time…that’s all. It’s hard to hear that your only son is gay.” He said.

“But I don’t want her to deny this forever Eli! I just want her to be happy for me…but I’m starting to believe that that’ll never happen.” I mumbled, looking down.

“Kevin stop it, it took my parents years to get over the initial shock of it. My dad is still kinda weird about it, but my mom is nothing but accepting now. In fact I talk to her about you all the time. She says once they get enough money to come visit that she really wants to meet you.”
“Really?? I can’t wait to meet her then.” I said, a smile returning to my face.

“You’ll meet her soon don’t worry.” He said, and I could hear the smile returning to his voice. “I’m going to get in the shower though so I’ll see you down at the salon in about an hour or so.” He said.
“Alright, I’ll see you soon Eli.”

“Oh and Kevin?”

“Yeah?”

“I like you.” He said with a chuckle.

“I like you too, even if you are a pabo.” I said, teasing him.

“Pft you know you like that about me.” He teased.

“Hmm…yes?” I giggled.

“Good bye Kevin!” He shouted, and I could hear him trying not to laugh.

“Bye!” I hung up smiling like a stupid school girl. Even though he had only said ‘like’ and not ‘love’ the word still gave me butterflies. I knew it would only be time until we finally found ourselves saying ‘I love you’. I could really picture myself spending the rest of my life with Eli. I just needed to get my mom to believe that I loved him, that he was my boyfriend. Time. That’s all my mom needed.

Author's Note: I know this update is short, not even three full pages but it's better than nothing. Honestly I'm going through writers block on this story x.x I'm not sure where to take it from here so if any of you have ideas please give them to me! Oh and a random Kevin fact. His favourite Korean word is Pabo(idoit) x3 just thought you all would like to know that.