The Day After

This is Forbidden Love

Kevin’s P.O.V

The sound of Eli’s voice forced my eyes to open. My vision was blurry as I struggled to remember where I was. Though soon I realized that Eli wasn’t even here, and that my phone was just ringing. I knew it was Eli because he had recorded his voice on my phone, his rap sequence in the song, and that was my ringtone whenever he called. I tried reaching up for my phone but my body wasn’t responding. I couldn’t move. My body felt like led, and it ached to no end. The ground was cold and wet beneath me. My eyes flashed around the room franticly, the corners of my eyes red, and I could taste blood in my mouth. My memory was fuzzy as I struggled to remember just what had happened to me. I lied there for I don’t know how long until I could finally feel my muscles returning to me. I slowly reached a shaky hand up, wincing when pain shot up through my body. I grasped onto my vibrating phone, pulling it to me, pressing the answer button, to weak to pull it to my ear.

“H-Hello…?” My voice was barely audible, shocking even me.

“Kevin! God damn it I’ve been calling you all night! Why haven’t you answered your phone?! Why did you call and then not answer?!” His voice was loud, but it was filled with more worry then anger, in fact I couldn’t hear any anger at all.

“I couldn’t move…” I whispered.

“What do you mean you couldn’t move?! Kevin where are you!? Your mom called last night saying you never got home!” He sounded panicked now.

“I don’t know where I am Eli…” I felt tears crawling their way to my eyes, making my eyes sting.

“What?! Kevin what the hell happened to you last night?!” He was getting angry now, but I wasn’t sure if it was because of me.

“I…I’m not sure…I can’t remember…Eli my body…it hurts…” I whispered, sounding more and more pathetic as I went on. Finally the tears started falling, making me wince when the salty tears rolled over the first cut Taekyang put on my body.

“Kevin…stay on the phone, I’m going to come find you.” The anger was gone in his voice, and for some reason I felt like he could hear my silent sobbing.

“Describe to me everything that you know about the building.” Eli spoke hastily, and I could hear the ruffling of clothes in the background. He was putting his coat on.

“I…I think it’s a warehouse…it’s by the school…because I hadn’t been walking long…” I took in a deep breath, wincing and letting out a low moan of pain. My ribs were broken.

“Kevin you need to stay with me, ok? Just stay on the phone.”
“Eli hurry…please…I want to go home…”

“Shhh, Kevin I’m on my way. You’ll be home soon.” His voice was soothing, and I could feel sleep creeping back through my body. Sleep numbed the pain, and that’s all I wanted to do.

“Kevin don’t you dare fall asleep on me.” He said, his voice was shaking now. He was trying to be threatening, but it wasn’t working.

“But sleep makes the pain go away Eli…” I mumbled, my eye lids drooping.

“Kevin, I’m almost to the school. Now are you sure it’s by the school?” He asked.

“Yes….I think I had only been walking no more then five minutes…” My memory was slowly coming back, but all I could remember was being grabbed and then dragged away.

“I think you might be in the janitor supply storage.” He said before I heard him shout. “Soohyun look around that side! He might be over in that building!” Suddenly the sound of a door opening filled my eyes, and sun blinded my eyes. I hissed on the intrusion, but instead of Eli’s voice I heard Kiseop’s.

“Eli, Soohyun! Over here!” He shouted, I heard his hurried foot steps getting closer and closer to me.

“Kevin!” Kiseop said, rushing over to me. I winced when he placed his hands on my arms, pulling me up gently, trying his best not to hurt me. I looked up slowly, pain surging up and down my spine as I did so.

“Kevin what the hell happened to you?” He asked, his wide round eyes full of worry as he gently rubbed my back, trying to sooth me, even though it was causing me more pain. Finally I heard Eli.

“Kevin! Oh my god Kevin!” He rushed over, yanking me as gently as he could from Kiseop’s arms, pulling me into his chest.

“Eli…I’m so sleepy…” I mumbled, my eyes threatening to close again.

“You can sleep now Kevin…Soohyun’s called for help....” He said, and I could feel his gentle lips pressing against my forehead, trying to find one part of my body that wasn’t bruised. I didn’t need to be told twice, my brain finally switching off, as I fell into yet another deep sleep.

 

Eli’s P.O.V

When I finally heard Kevin’s voice on the other line, I was relieved. Just moments after he had called, his mom did too. Telling me he never got home and was asking if he was still with us. It was then that I realized that my worst fears had come true. Something had happened to Kevin. I stayed up until 3 trying to call him, but finally I had to sleep, but the moment I woke up again, my frantic calling resumed. I had called him about four times before his weak shaky voice finally rang through. I was going to be angry, but the moment I heard his voice, all that anger went away, and worry was replaced. What the hell had happened to Kevin? He was hurt, and scared, and I wasn’t there to protect him. Anger came back to me, but I wasn’t angry at Kevin I was angry at my self. Why did I let him walk home alone?!

“Kevin I’m on my way. You’ll be home soon.” I tried to make my voice as soothing as possible. I grabbed my coat, pulling it on. Soohyun and Kiseop looked at me worried as I struggled to put my shoes on one handed. I simply gestured for them to follow. They both stood up quickly, practicly reading my mind. They hurriedly pulled on their shoes, following me as I ran towards the school/

“Kevin don’t you dare fall asleep on me.” I said, noticing the change in his breathing patterns. I was trying to be threatening, though it wasn’t working.

“But sleep makes the pain go away Eli…” He said softly.

“Kevin, I’m almost to the school. Now are you sure it’s by the school?” I asked.

“Yes….I think I had only been walking no more then five minutes…”

“I think you might be in the janitor supply storage.” I said, turning to Soohyun and shouting.

“Soohyun look around that side! He might be over in that building!” I was looking around franticly, trying to spot a warehouse building anywhere near the school, when I heard the faint sound of Kiseop shouting mine and Soohyun’s name. With that I hung up the phone, and dashed forward.

“Kevin, hang in there, I’m almost there.” I said to myself, finding the building where Kiseop had found my boyfriend. I ran in, gasping. Kevin was in Kiseop’s arms, and he was covered in blood. His face was full of bruises. I wanted to gag. The floor was covered in Kevin’s blood, showing he had been thrown around in the room a lot.

“Kevin! Oh my god Kevin!” I reached over, pulling him from Kiseop’s arms as carefully as I could. I felt him relax in my arms.

“Eli…I’m so sleepy…” He mumbled, and I could tell his eyes wouldn’t stay open much longer.

“You can sleep now Kevin…Soohyun’s called for help....” I whispered as he fell asleep in my arms. I rubbed his back gently, picking him up, thanking god he was as light as he was.

“How did this happen…?” Kiseop asked, looking up at me as he got up as well.

“We weren’t protecting him that’s how.” I said, looking down at my boyfriend’s broken form.

“Eli don’t beat yourself up about it, how were we supposed to know this was going to happen?” Soohyun said, placing a hand on my shoulder. I nudged his hand away, pulling Kevin closer.

“Then how am I supposed to feel?” I asked, tears threatening to pour. I wasn’t going to let them though, no. Instead I wasn’t going to find Taekyang, and I was going to kill him.

 

Kevin’s P.O.V

 

My eyes opened slowly, and I had to blink quiet a few times, trying to adjust to the sudden bright lights shining down on me. I heard the beeping of a heart monitor and I knew I was in the hospital. I tried sitting up but the moment I raised my head, I was hit by a wave of nausea, and dizziness. I laid back down slowly, groaning as an annoying ringing noise filled my ears, but the sound was cut through by that beautiful voice that never failed to give me butterflies.

“Kevin? Are you awake?” Eli asked. I groaned in response, not sure if my voice would work or not. I heard a small chuckle pass his lips, and a small smile formed on my lips.

“They filled you up with drugs, so you might feel sick.” He said. I turned my head to see him, he looked tired. How long had I been asleep? As if reading my mind his said,

“You’ve only been asleep four 8 hours, don’t worry.” He gave me a cheesy smile.

“Does my mom know…?” I asked, my voice was thick, and groggy, much like my head.

“Yeah, here and your sister Deanna are out there. I’ll go get them.” He said, moving back towards the door.

“No!” I shouted suddenly, sitting up quickly, ignoring the pain that surged through my body.

“Kevin lay back down!” He ran back over, his hands moving to my shoulders, gently pushing me down. I winced, biting my bottom lip.

“Kevin you shouldn’t move to much…please baby…” Eli whispered, leaning down to kiss my nose. I blushed softly at his choice of words.

“Don’t leave me…” I whispered. Eli gave me a sad smile, caressing my bruised cheek as gentle as possible.

“I’m not going anywhere Vinnie, don’t worry.” He smiled, but this time he planted a sweet kiss on my lips. I closed my eyes gently, pressing my lips against his, wanting to reach my hands up and wrap them around him, but the stupid IV plugs wouldn’t let me. I whimpered, and he chuckled against lips.

“Kevin it’s ok.” He said with a smile.

“I hate hospitals…” I whined.

“I know baby…you’ll be out soon.” He said, running his fingers through my hair gently. Though his sweet touches came to an abrupt stop, and I could feel him tense as he pulled away from me. I looked over to the door way, seeing my mom and sister standing there. I showed them a smile.

“Kevinn!!!” My sister shouted running over to me, hugging me tightly. I groaned out in pain.

“Aish…Noona, you’re hurting me…” I whimpered.

“Sorry…” she pulled away from me, smiling.

“It’s ok Noona..” I smiled. My mother walked over to the bed, placing a hand on my forehead.

“How are you feeling Kevin?” She asked me. I gave her a poor smile, but she bought it.

“Mom, you’ve never met Eli formally right?” I asked. My mom shook her head, looking up at him.

“Thank you Eli, for saving my son.” Eli nodded, bowing his head.

“You’re welcome, Mrs. Woo.” He said with a smile.

“Mom I need to tell you something…” I mumbled. My mother looked down at me.

“Kevin what is it?” She looked at me with confused eyes.

“Momma, Eli, he’s more then just a friend to me…” I said. My mom cocked her head to the side, still confused.

“What do you mean honey?” She asked. I took in a deep breath, and I could feel Eli’s eyes watching me closely.

“Eli…he’s my boyfriend.”

Author's note: Poor Kevin ;A;