Confession (AJ chapter)

This is Forbidden Love

 

AJ's POV
 
We were sitting on my bed, Hoon humming some random song to himself as I tended to his very bruised face. After he showed up to the cafe looking like he had just been jumped we all rushed home. Once home Hoon told us everything. Of course Kevin was crying by the end and continusly insisted that the whole thing had been all his fault. No matter what any of us said to try to convince him otherwise, he just wouldn't listen. So the rest of us gave up and left that job for Eli.
 
"Seriously Hoon, what were you thinking? Going out there alone without any of us? And into gang territory too! I swear...You're insane." I said, dabbing a disinfectant onto ths small cuts all over his face. Hoon chuckled, his eyes opening and looking at me.
 
"I knew none of you would want to fight. You would want to do things the legal way. And I just can't wait that long. That guy almost killed Kevin! And the police were acting like they didn't even care!" Hoon said, his arms flailing into the air as he tried to express his frustration with random body movements.
 
"Hoon, stop moving!" I scolded, grabbing his arm and yanking it down. He let out a small gasp before pouting.
 
"Ow! That hurt AJ!" He whined. I just rolled my eyes, beginning to clean off the bloody mess on his knuckles. I swear, this kid gets in way to much trouble. As I was cleaning his knuckles, my mind began to wonder. Once again I was thinking of him. The man that had been filling my thoughts for years.
 
"AJ...? AJ...? Yoohoo earth to the cat." Hoon said, lifting up his other arm that wasn't in my grasp. He knocked on my head gently a few times, snapping me out of my daze. I blinked, looking over to him, smiling weakly.
 
"Sorry bout that.." I said, going back to working on his cuts. A small chuckle left Hoon's lips, and I could just feel the evil grin that was now on his face. There was no need to look up. I knew it was there.
 
"You're thinking about him again, aren't you?" Hoon said, his voice knowing, with a hit of teasing. I sighed, nodding my head slowly. No use in lying. Hoon knew me better than anyone else that I knew.
 
"Yeah...I am..." I said, starting to bandage up his fist. You see, back in America, Hoon and I were homeless. We had been friends since the 1st grade, we did everything together. So when Hoon decided that he just couldn't take living with his abusive parents any longer, we ran away together. We didn't know where we were going or how we would survive. All we knew is that we had each other, and that we HAD to live.
 
With the little money that we had we were able to get two one way bus tickets to Los Angles. The bus ride took forever, but once we finally got there, we knew it was worth it. We spent the first few nights on the streets, amazingly we never did get into trouble. It was like people were avoiding us like a plague. Life was rough though. We barely ate, forget about clean water, and we never got a chance to bathe.
 
Everynight we would always say that this was the worst idea we had ever come up with, and everynight we would make a vow to go back. But every morning we would wake up determined to make it work. After about two months we met Eli and Soohyun. Eli found us trying to steal food from some fast food place and dragged us to his apartment. I literally mean dragged.
 
When we got there we were met by the extremely confused looks of Soohyun, and him. From that day on, we lived with Eli and the others. And from that day on he never once left my mind. I'm able to hide my feelings well, but lately with the Elvin couple running around my feelings are starting to get annoyed. They don't want to hide anymore. But they have to. The have to because he's in love with someone else. They have to because I'm stuck in a never ending one sided love.
 
"Hellooo earth to AJ." I heard Hoon call out to me, returning back from memory road. I looked up at him apologeticly, wraping the gauze around his fist.
 
"AJ why don't you just tell him?" Hoon asked me. I sighed closing the gauze and looking up at my best friend.
 
"Because. If I tell him, he'll reject me. He'll hate me forever." I said, falling back onto my bed, looking up at the ceiling my eyes trying to make shapes out of the strange pattern lines. Hoon scoffed, slapping my leg with his good hand. I gasped, looking over at him glaring.
 
"What was that for??" I asked, annoyed. Hoon looked at me with serious eyes, leaning down close to me.
 
"You're an idoit AJ. If you don't tell him soon you're going to loose him. He'll find someone. I doubt you want to see him kissing anyone else other than you." Hoon said. I mentally flinched at the thought of the man I loved kissing someone else. I bit my bottom lip shaking my head.
 
"I just can't Hoon...I can't loose him...I'm happy with just being his friend..." I said, rolling over onto my side. Hoon groaned rolling his eyes at me.
 
"Fine if you don't tell him I will. And I know you know that I will." He threatened. I sat strait up, looking my friend in the eyes. His eyes didn't hold a single hint of playfulness, or kidding. He was serious.
 
"Fine! I'll tell him! Just not now..." I said, looking down at my lap. But Hoon wasn't going to have that. He placed his hands on my shoulders, making me look up at him.
 
"You are going to tell him right now. Go outside on the porch and I'll send him out." Hoon said. But before I could protest anything he was off my bed and out the door. I sighed rubbing my face with my hands.
 
"This boy is going to be the death of me." I said to myself. I forced myself off the bed, and took long strides out of the apartment to the porch like Hoon had instructed. I was hoping none of the others had seen me. So that they wouldn't know I was out here, trying to confess my love.
 
My heart was racing. My palms were sweaty, and I felt like I was going to throw up. I can't believe Hoon. I can't believe he threatened me like this. That boy was getting brave. A little to brave. I leaned down onto the railing, looking out at the night sky, trying to clear my head. Trying to stop the nerves. Just when I thought I had calmed down enough I heard the door opening and footsteps.
 
Once again my stomach churned and my heart began to speed. This was it. I wasn't going to have to say my unspoken feelings. The feelings that I've been harboring for years. I took a deep long breath, turning around to face him. A beautiful smile was on his face, but the moment he saw me, it fell.
 
"AJ are you alright? Hoon told me you needed to talk but you don't look that great." He said. I could hear the worry in his voice. I forced the best smile I could onto my lips, shaking my head.
 
"I...I'm fine don't worry..." I tried to reasure him. He shook his head, walking over and draping his arms around me.
 
"You sure don't look ok..." He said in my ear. Shivers ran through out my body as I felt his hot breath hit my skin, goosbumps rising. I cleared my throat pushing back from him as best as I could.
 
"Really, I'm ok." I said, my voice weak but apparently he desided to stop the teasing. A smile formed on his face again and he joined me next to the railing. He turned his head to look at me.
 
"So, what is it that you wanted to talk about?" He asked. I looked down at my hands, bitting my bottom lip as I struggled to think of the right way to tell him. This wasn't going to be easy, and I was sure of his reaction to it already. But a promise is a promise.
 
"Well...um...I...I like you..." I said lamely.
 
"Well I like you too AJ." He said with a chuckle, and I could tell he wasn't getting it through that thick head of his.
 
"No that's not what I ment...I mean...I like...like you..." God I felt like a teenage girl.
 
"So not like, but like like?" I could a stupid grin in his voice. This wasn't going well. This wasn't going well at all.
 
"God damn it!" I shouted, suddenly finding courage in my annoyance. He looked down at me shocked at my sudden outburst.
 
"AJ?" He blinked, turning his full body towards me. Ok, this is your chance AJ. Just do it. I reached my hands up, gripping onto his cheeks. I didn't have time to see his face because my eyes closed and I instantly pressed my lips to his.
 
I did it...I kissed him...
 
-------------------------------------------------------------
 
Author's Note: Yes this is still an Elvin fic I promise XD I wrote this chapter as a way to get you all to see how Hoon and AJ ended up with the group, and also why AJ has been acting weird. The next chapter will reveal the mystery man, and also will have Elvin in it I promise X3
Any guesses as to who it is that AJ is head over heels for? :D