Chapter 6

THE ANNOYING JERK

DARA POV

 

Fortunately, today's first lesson isn't any lesson with Jiyong. Phewwww! It's my very first Art lesson for this whole semester. YEAHHHHH! My favourite  lesson of all!   

 

I walked into Art Room2 and expected to see a whole bunch of students but it seems like very little chose Art as an alternative subject. Oh well, good for me! At least I don't have to withstand the dagger-glares and gossips about me,in front of me.   

 

I found myself a seat by the window and prepared myself for class.  I glanced out the window, absorbing the view of busy roads and rushing commuters.  

 

"Hi, may I sit here?" a guy with light brown hair asked. His hair was all waxed up. His eyes were small but were cute.   

 

I didn't open my mouth,  just nodded and continue looking out the window. After a moment, our teacher walked in. We stood and greeted him. The lesson soon began. 

 

Without realizing, it was almost times up for the Art lesson. Time is passing so fast. 

 

Accidentally, my elbow pushed my pencil causing it to row off, dropping onto the floor. I was about to get off my seat when the brown hair guy got off instead and help picked up the pencil.   

 

"Thanks." I smiled as I took the pencil from him.

"Your welcome Dara-shi." he smiled back. 

 

Now that I realize, his eyes are dark brown and his skin is really good, it is exceptionally white and seem so smooth. As though they were soaked in milk!

 

"Oh. How do you know my name?" I asked curiously. Well, I don't know his. 

 

"Everyone knows your name Dara-shi. You are quite well-known." he chuckled. 

 

"Aaahhh~ Then what's your name?" Yup, because of me being Jiyong's first female seating partner, I'm famous babeeey! Which, I'm not grateful for. 

 

"I'm Woo young. It's a pleasure to meet you." He offered a handshake. 

 

Without hesitation, I shook his hands and gave him a bright smile. 

 

Soon, the bell rang.

 

"Alright, class over! Move on to your next class!" the teacher announced. 

 

"I'll see you around then." woo young said.

 

"Yeah, bye." I waved and left the room. 

 

Shucks! Its Mr Lee's lesson now. That means ... Jiyong ... *sobbbbssssss* 

 

OHMYGOD. I DON'T THINK I CAN FACE HIM. Should I skip class? No way, I can't risk being caught and dirty my clean record with a red mark! Not for him I wouldn't! 

 

I finally reached Mr Lee's class and saw that Jiyong wasn't in his seat. I suppose he is still walking from his previous class. I slipped into my seat and prepared myself for class. Hearing from otger students, looks like Jiyong didn't come to school today. I heaved a sigh of relief. 

 

Time was passing really slowly in Mr Lee's class. He was like chanting some Mathematics formula that I couldn't catch at all. 

 

"Yesssshhh~!" everyone whispered when the bell rang, indicating the end of school. I quickly packed my bag and sped walked to the car park to find the brat already waiting for me. 

 

"Heeyyyy!" I cheerfully greeted him.

 

"You seem to be in a good mood." 

 

"Of course, your brother missed school today." I smiled cheekily. 

 

"No wonder. But you still gotta complete your reports by today evening right?"

 

"Gosh. Ri! Must you remind me about those stupid reports!" I playfully smacked his arm.

 

"Hey! I'm driving!"

 

______________________________________________

 

 

"Come on! I'm accompanying you!" Seungri tug onto my wrist trying to drag me to Jiyong's room. 

 

"Noooo~ I don't wannaaaa~! I'm not ready!!!!" I whined while trying to grab hold of anything to stop myself from being dragged into that jerk's room.

 

"Come on Dara! You'll fail if you don't do the reports!"

 

"Fine! Stop dragging me! I can walk myself!" Seungri let go of my wrist.

 

I rubbed the sore wrist and straighten my uniform. 

 

I huffed at Seungri and walked past him with my head held high. He shook his head, trying to hide a smile. 

 

Knock knock* 

 

"Come in." Jiyong granted. 

 

"Oh ." I hissed. I'm really not ready to face him! Eotteohke!?!? I turned the knob slowly. But before I could quietly step in, the bloody brat pushed me from behind making me bang my head against the door while pushing it open. 

 

"Brat!" I hissed and glare at him while rubbing my head. 

 

"Just wanted to help." he shrugged. 

 

______________________________________________________

 

 

Jiyong was sitting on his bed reading a book. It was something he do without letting anyone know because he didn't want to spoil the his image of a bad boy. I mean, which bad boy likes reading Nicholas Sparks novels. It just doesn't makes sense. 

 

Then the suddenly he heard a knock on the door. He swiftly kept his book inside the drawer beside his bed and took his laptop placing it on his lap before granting their entrance. 

 

He pretended to look busy with his laptop but in actual fact, he was boiling with excitement to see Dara again. He missed her the whole morning due to his absence from school. 

 

Jiyong looked up when he heard a bump and saw that Dara had hit her head on the door. He wanted to laugh out loud but he held it in. 

 

Then he saw his little brother entering behind her. He clenched his jaw. He expected to be able to spend an afternoon with Dara alone. But who knew Seungri would tag along. Well, he should have known.  

 

"Hi Jiyong, we need to do the reports?" Dara stood in front of the bed, slightly waving her hand awkwardly.

 

"Yeah, I know. What are you doing here Seungri?" although Jiyong knew his reasons for being here, he wanted to find some way to get him out. 

 

"I had nothing to do this afternoon so I'll just hang here while you guys do your reports." he finished his sentence with a smile. Hoping his hyung would buy his excuse. 

 

In a blink of an eye, Jiyong thought of an idea.

 

"Oh, i almost forgot. Dad called me to tell you that he wants you in his office at 3 and right now is 2:45. " Jiyong lied smoothly, with his eyes still on his laptop screen. 

 

"Really hyung? I have to go to his office? For what?" Seungri questioned and glanced at his watch to confirm the time. 

 

"Umm hmm. I don't know. Just go. You're wasting our time. " Jiyong snapped. 

 

"Okay okay."  Then Seungri walked towards Dara and whispered into her ears. 

 

"If he does anything weird, just call my phone or scream. The maids will come." he whispered and Dara nodded. 

 

Jiyong tensed at what he sees. Seungri being so near Dara. He knew they were just good friends but he didn't like the scenario one bit, he was absolutely jealous. He looked away and tried to look concentrated on his laptop again.   

 

"Ri, don't call dad to check. He is in a meeting right now till 3:10." 

 

"Okay hyung. I'll get going now." he waved to Dara and walked out.

 

"Bye. Drive safe brat." she waved as he left the room. 

 

Jiyong smirked in triumph of getting rid of Seungri. 

 

Dara awkwardly stood in front of the bed and waited for Jiyong to ask her to take a seat but he never did. All he was type stuff into his laptop. Dara huffed and went to sit on the armchair just opposite the bed. 

 

"We're suppose to do the reports you know." Dara finally started the conversation. 

 

"I finished it already." Jiyong said nonchantally. 

 

"Both?!" Dara asked. wide open. 

 

"Yeah." Jiyong looked up to see the gulping Dara.

 

"I stayed up the whole night and morning just to finish those bloody reports." He thought to himself. 

 

"Oh, so I can go now right? Since I don't have to be here." 

 

"No, actually I need you to help me check through the whole thing." Jiyong said. "Come here." Jiyong sat up on his bed and tapped the space beside him on the bed. 

 

Dara hesitated for a moment. She wanted to put some space between them but every part of her was craving to be near him again.

 

She missed him. 

 

After a moment, Dara got up and walked towards the bed. She slipped onto the bed, trying to stay as far away from him as possible. 

 

"Closer. We need to share the laptop." Jiyong insisted. 

 

Dara moved her a tiny bit closer.

 

"Dara, I'm serious."

 

"I'm serious too. We can still say the laptop like that." Dara insisted, trying to show him where he could place where both of them can share. 

 

"Stop your nonsense and move here." Jiyong snapped and tugged Dara by the arm. 

 

He pulled her strongly so close to him until their thighs were side by side. 

 

"Jiyong, we don't need to be so close right?" Dara said softly while trying to move to create a gap between them.

 

"Dara, stop moving or else I'm not gonna send the reports." Jiyong said with a pissed off tone. 

 

"Alright, I'll stay." Dara sat stiffly and smiled, hoping to ease the tension.

 

"Good. Now let's start." Jiyong sighed and declared.

 

____________________________________________________

 

 

They read through the reports together and Dara would give him pointers or suggestions on how to further improve the reports. 

 

Jiyong would often lean in closer to her. Dara would hold her breath so that she wouldn't breathe in his cologne which makes her head go crazy.  They worked diligently until the late evening and successfully submitted their first reports. 

 

"Yesssshhh! We did it!" Dara cheered , stretching her arms after the long hours of sitting there. 

 

Jiyong could only chuckle at how Dara's adorable reaction was.

 

Suddenly Dara's tummy growled.

 

"Oops!" she held her tummy with embarrassment. 

 

"Wanna get dinner together?" Jiyong asked, still smiling.

 

"That would be great." Dara smiled back.

 

Without realising, their awkwardness before was already far gone.

 

___________________________________________________

 

 

They drove to an Italian cafe which was Jiyong's personal favorite eatery. It served simple home-made Italian dishes and had a cozy, relaxing environment. They sat at the corner of the cafe by the window. 

 

It was already 7:30pm when they ordered food.  There was a long period of silence while waiting for the food to arrive.

 

"So, this is the place you were talking about in the car. It's really lovely here."  Dara trying her best to sound natural and not nervous at all.

 

"Yeah, I like to come here and just relax once in awhile." He stared out the window, at the streets.

 

"Kwon Jiyong? Cafe? Relax? You gotta be kidding me..." she thought to herself.

 

Dara observed him. He was staring outside the window as if thinking of something important. His eyes were the most mesmerizing eyes she have ever seen. She tilted her head to the side as she tried to figure him out. To her, Jiyong is just like a mystery box that no one could open.

 

"Why are you always so stoney?" she blurted out without realizing. 

 

"Stoney?" Jiyong repeated, obviously surprised by her sudden question.

 

"Sorry, I didn't meant it!" Dara covered with both her hands.

 

He laughed loudly, catching many attention with his melodious laughter.

 

"Woaaahh. Even his laughter is such melody." Dara thought as she looked around.

 

"I'm not stoney." Jiyong denied.

 

"You areee! You just don't notice. You're just like a solid figure." Dara whispered the last sentence. 

 

"Well then, melt me Dara." Jiyong said nonchalantly while sipping on his coffee. His eyes fixed on hers with a hint of tease in them.  

 

Girls were starting to take notice of him. Flipping their hair, laughing loudly, walking pass their table to get his attention. But Jiyong's eyes were still on Dara only. 

 

"If I could, I would." Dara said back with the same teasing tone. Jiyong chuckled and was about to say something when a girl approached their table.

 

"Erm, hi, I'm Sulli. My friend over there wants your number." pointing to a blonde hair girl who was looking at them. 

 

"I'm sorry, I can't give you my number. I'm with my girlfriend right now." Jiyong said and took a sip of his coffee.

 

Dara who was stirring her hot chocolate, immediately snapped her head up when she heard what Jiyong said.

 

"Did he just say I'm his girlfriend?!" Dara thought to herself.    

 

"She's your girlfriend?" Sulli said with a entirely shock tone and rudely gave Dara a disgusted look. 

 

Dara could only look down on her lap. 

 

"Why? Is there any problem?" Jiyoong said and took Dara's hand which was holding onto her cup.

 

Dara looked up, flabbergasted by his sudden affection. She tried to pull her hand back but he just held it tighter.

 

"Nothing, just surprised. Have a nice night. I hope I'll see you again. Bye~" Sulli flirtatiously waved to Jiyong and gave Dara an obvious fake smile and walked away.

 

"What was that about?" Dara whispered across the table.

 

"What?" Jiyong acting blur.

 

"That... Oh, Never mind." Dara gave up and sipped her hot chocolate.

 

A smirk formed on his thin lips.  

 

________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

DARA POV

 

Jiyong is truly a mystery box. He clearly held my hand and called me his girlfriend!Then the minute its over, he forgets all about it. J.E.R.K. 

 

Fortunately it wasn't awkward at all. Although we had some silent moments while eating, they were "comfortable silent moments". It's like as if both of us were friends since a long time ago. 

 

Honestly, I have never been able to click well with people. But being with Jiyong was like a natural.  After eating dinner, he sent me home. But before I left the car, he told me something really weird. 

 

*Flashback* 

 

"You wouldn't like jerks right?" Jiyong said while staring straight ahead as though concentrating on something.

 

"Of course not. Why would I?" I curiously asked.

 

"Well, maybe a jerk fell for you. Would you give him a chance?" still not looking at me.

 

"I would consider, depending on who he is. So who is he?" I asked eagerly. 

 

He chuckled and shook his head. "It's getting late, I'll see you in school tomorrow. Goodnight Dara-ya." he said, finally turning his head to look at me. His eyes shone in the dark will rubis. I was hypnotise  by it for a second. 

 

Then he moved forward and kiss me on my forehead! I stoned there for a few seconds before coming back to earth. I immediately bowed a little before rushing to my door. I slammed the door shut and laid on the door for a few seconds to catch my breathe. Phhhheeeeeeewwwww~~ 

 

I peeked out the side window to see him reversing out the driveway, speeding off. Slowly, I slid down on the floor. Touching my heart, feeling its rapid beat. And touched the forehead he just kissed.

 

What's wrong with me? Dara-ya,  Kwon Jiyong is a nappeun salam ya. A jerk. An annoying one. I shouldn't like him. No way am I gonna gamble my feelings for him. WAIT... If he is a jerk.... Then does that mean he is the jerk that fell for me?!!!?! Thats impossible... or is it? 

 

AISSSSSHHHH!!!! I'M CONFUSED!!!!

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Updated! :D  Please comment and subcribe! Thankyooouuu lovelies!

Gamsahabnida! *bow*

DARAGON IS REAL!!!!! <3