Chapter 10

THE ANNOYING JERK

 

There was a rustle in the bushes and shadows playing among the leaves.

 

Dara jumped as she lost her train of thoughts, gripping onto her books as she adjusted her eyes into the darkness around her.

 

Her eyes darted everywhere as she gripped her books tightly.

 

“Jiyong?...”  Dara mumbled unsure, taking steps back, as she notice a fast pacing figure approaching her.

 

“IT’S YOUR FRIEND SEUNGRI YOU BONG-DARA!!!!! WELL, IF YOU EVEN STILL COUNT ME AS ONE!!!!!” Seungri roared with rage in his eyes as he appeared from immense the darkness, wearing a black hoodie with grey sweats and Adidas sliders stomping towards the now frightened Dara.

 

“Oh god….. BRAT! You gave me a shock!!.” Dara exclaimed before she heaved a sigh of relieve.

 

“Why are you avoiding me?? HUH?” Seungri cornered her at her door, his chest heaving up and down his breathe heavy. His face was just a few inches away from Dara’s with her books the only barrier between their chests while he interrogated her.

 

“Ya brat I’m not avoiding you, I’ve been busy. Can you not stand so close?” Dara whispered as she pushed Seungri away with her books.

 

“Then why aren’t my calls and texts replied? Why do you leave for school yourself now? Huh??” Seungri pressed onto her as he drowned her with questions.

 

“I can’t tell you okay. I have my reasons. And you’re still my brat and I’m still your bestie!! Nothing has changed so don’t worry alright. Its late, we should probably talk tomorrow.” Dara said. She pushed seungri off once more and dug her bag for her keys.

 

“If you’re not gonna tell me that reason, I don’t think I wanna be friends with you anymore.” Seungri shot back and was about to step off the patio when Dara grabbed hold of him.

 

“YA!! How can you say that!”

 

Seungri remained silent as he faced down, obviously annoyed that his bestfriend is keeping secrets from him.

 

“Fine. I like Jiyong and I don’t wish for him to misunderstand our friendship as something else. That’s why I tried to show that you and I aren’t that close anymore. Happy now?” Dara

 

Seungri slowly looked up in utter shock by what Dara just said.

 

“WHAT?! You like hyung again? Dara haven’t you hurt yourself enough when you had a one-sided crush on him last year? Why are you so dumb?”

 

“I did but this time, I know your hyung is interested in me!! I swear. Seungri trust me. I won’t get hurt again. Belive me hmm??? Okay?” Dara held seungri’s arms and shook them as she opened her eyes wide, nodding her head continuously, hoping to show Seungri that she’s confident this time.

 

“Whatever, if you get hurt again I’m gonna say I told you so.” Seungri shrugged her hands off and placed his hands in his pockets, looking frustrated and annoyed.

 

“Heehee Seungri Jjang!!”

 

 

 

==

 

 

 

I slide into my soft pale pink doll dress and slipped on my usual mary janes, prepping myself for school.

 

On the way to school and when I reached school, all I could hear people talk about was Krystal’s brother, Siwon’s party this Saturday. It seems like it was the most interesting trending topic that Friday. Krystal was obviously surrounded by girls who were trying to up to her in order to get laid by her brother. It’s really gross. Really, yuck. *vomit*

 

I for sure am not going. Parties like that don’t work out for me. Popular and trendy people from different schools and neighbourhood will be there, Dara being there is a negative match to the environment. I did try to attend one once with Park Bom. I was left locked in the toilet for most of the party because apparently a couple was leaning on my door making out. Bom was having fun with some other people and forgotten about me. I forgive her for that, I don’t want her to go to a party and babysit me. That’s ruining her fun. Drinks and Dara don’t go well. I cant drink. Period. My cheeks go so red after a cup, people think I overload my blush. 2 cups and its impossible for me to walk straight. 3 cups and anyone I see will apparently look like an alien to me. 4 cups and I’m on the floor. I can’t dance. I’m doing everyone a favour to not dance at parties. Me dancing is just like a fish out of water. That’s how bad I am with parties.

 

It was a usual Friday besides being load up with assignments, I didn’t have any class with Jiyong unfortunately. And I have yet to receive any text from him. I’ve been waiting and waiting for my phone to ring. Maybe he isn’t in the study mood right now. Ya he probably isn’t. I mean who is when there this crazy party on Saturday.

 

I chuckled at how pathetic I was, telling myself lies to feed my agony in waiting for someone to text me.

 

“Dara yaa!!!!” Park Bom squealed as she saw me from across the hall.

 

I flashed a full grin as she came modelling down the hallway to me in her killer Jeffery Campbell.

 

“Let’s go shopping after school! We need to get a new dress for tomorrow’s party.”

 

“Bom-ah, you know I’m not attending.” I sighed as I picked my books from my locker.

 

“Ohya, fine then we’ll pick out my dress!!” she gave me her adorable eye smile and hand signalled me to call her after school as she rushed off to her next class.

 

I chuckled at her silly actions. It’s really a miracle how a girl like Bom would want to befriend me.

 

 

 

==

 

 

 

“Is this too much?” as Bom held a dress in front of the changing room for Dara to see.

 

It was a maroon body hugging, racer back dress with huge cut outs at both side of the waist and having the length just nice enough to show off her goddess legs and figure.

 

“I think it’s alright.” Dara mumbled as she looked around the store.

 

“Great!! I love this dress. I’m getting it. What about you??” Bom asked while she touched up her make-up.

 

Dara didn’t hear what Bom was saying, she was too absorbed in observing this dress that just caught her eyes.

 

“Oh mama, this dress would look so good on you. Get it Dara!! Neh? Neh?” Bom convinced when she noticed the dress Dara was looking at.

 

Dara shrugged and grabbed her books.

 

“I’m so excited for the party, my is itching to dance!! And there’ll be so many senior boys!!!!!!” Bom exclaimed when we walked out of the store.

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

Saturday early evening,

 

Drowsy Dara stumbled out of her study table after spending her night and morning studying and falling asleep there. She headed down in her worn-out pyjamas tee and shorts, rubbing her eyes and grabbed a glass of milk.

 

With her eyes still blurry, she checked her phone and almost spit her milk out. It was a text from Jiyong.

 

Ducky, should we study tonight? – Jiyong, 1:08PM

 

Ohya. I forgot that I’ve got something on tonight. Sorry I take back my text. Maybe next time ducky – Jiyong, 3:42PM

 

Dara rolled her eyes as she locked her phone.

 

“I know what that ‘something on’ is. Krystal’s party duh! Grinding girls, drinking and all those dirty things HMPH I’d rather stay home and make my Saturday productive as hell!!” Dara thought to herself and stomped up the stairs with her arms folded, brows frowning.

 

Just as she was about open her books to resume her knowledge-absorbing period, her doorbell rang.

 

Bom was hopping at Dara’s door steps, holding loads of stuff. Surprised by her sudden appearance, Dara opened and as usual, Bom came in before Dara could ask what she was doing here for.

 

“Let’s get ready!!!” Bom exclaimed as she hopped up and down in the middle of Dara’s living room. Her bags were all over the floor.

 

“Get ready for what?” Dara asked, still lost and definitely in a different frequency from Bom’s world.

 

“TO PARTEHHHH!!!!!” Bom screamed, blasting the living room’s radio stereo and starting dancing as thou she was in a night club.

 

“Bommie I’m not going!! Bommiieee!!” Dara shouted over the music and tried to grab hold of the jumpy Bom.

 

Finally Dara switched off the stereo.

 

“You’re going Dara. If you want Jiyong and want to keep him on his toes, you better get your in that dress I bought you.”

 

“What dress? What… I don’t want Jiyong…Who told you that nonsense…..” Dara stuttered as she played with the end of her tee.

 

“I know you Dara. You want him and ‘m helping you here. I know what will exactly make him go cray crayyy.” Bom flashed a mischievous smile.

 

“I don’t like whatever you’re thinking…And we all know Dara and parties are no match.” Dara said as she sat on the sofa, staring at what seems to be a wrong- idea-to-let-her-in person fidgeting in the middle of her living room.

 

“I promise I’ll be there to protect you and accompany you throughout the night. And trust me, this will make Jiyong so engrossed with you, he won’t even leave you alone. I swear on my cute .” Bom winked as she spanked her .

 

“But…urgh fine.” Dara gave in after giving little thoughts of what could happen.

 

“Yayyyy!!!! Lets go partyyyyy!!!!!!!” Bom screamed and fist pumped.

 

“Dara is gonna kill the Dara agreed to this.” Dara mumbled as she stomped to the bathroom.

 

 

===

 

 

“Bom, what dress should I wear there?” I frowned as I look at my messy wardrobe I just dug through.

 

“No need to frat, I’m here to save the damsel in distress.” Bom said as she placed a cardboard box beside Dara.

 

I glanced at Bom’s smug on her face. I knew she was up to no good. But I’ve already got myself into this, who can I blame now. I tossed the lid of the box aside and to my astonishment; it was the pretty lilac dress I noticed at the store earlier yesterday.

Image 3 of ASOS Cami Mini Pleated DressImage 2 of ASOS Cami Mini Pleated Dress

 

“Bommie!!! This dress… awwww thanks Bom!!” I exclaimed and threw myself in for a hug.

 

“It’s all yours on one condition. You’re not allowed to wear a bra inside. And you’ll only allowed to wear this as your undies.” Bom flashed her mischievous smile once again as she tossed a white tong at me.

 

“You’re CraZYY!! This top is practically translucent and I’ve never worn any other type of undies besides boyshorts, this is crazy.” I said as I toss back the tong at her.

 

 

==

 

 

I can’t believe I gave in. I can’t believe I am in a translucent lilac dress, baring more than half my back with no bra or proper on. The worst part has yet to come, Jiyong is going to see me in such a messed up state. This party is going to turn into a disaster, I’m sure of it. I rubbed my temples as I let out a heavy sigh in the cab. I couldn’t stop covering my chest. I feel so exposed. The cab driver is glancing at me at every red light stop. I just want to go home. Bom obviously doesn’t know that the cab driver has been staring at her legs from time to time too.

 

“Dara come on we’re going to a party!! Don’t be such a downer! WOOOOHHOO!!” Bom exclaimed as she swang her arms around.

 

“Bommie-ah, I’m no comfortable. Let’s head home neh?” I pouted, giving her the saddest face I could pull off.

 

“N-O NO. Dara trust me, you look so delicious right now. Innocent yet y, which guy can resist you? Jiyong won’t be able to wait to pouch on you. Trust me on this one okay.” She winked and bobbed her head to the music.

 

“I don’t want him to pouch on me, I just…” before I could finish my sentence, the cab made a turn and we were there.

 

“Let’s go!!” Bom squealed as she climbed out of the cab leaving me dumbfounded by the extension of the party.

 

“I’m going to die here.” I thought to myself as I stared wide-eyed at how big the party is.

 

The outside was already filled with people, drunk people, people who are probably high on something. Girls were dancing on the lawn in their bikinis and desperate guys trying their luck in dancing with them. Red plastic cups and cans of beers and soda drinks were littered all over.

 

I stepped out of the car, held my breath and told myself, “It’s just a party, I’ll just get a glance of Jiyong and leave.” I nodded to my own plan and tagged behind Bom.

 

I entered the premises and all I can hear summertime sadness club remix blasting at top volume, the bass was so strong, I could feel the floor vibrating along with it. People stared as I walked in behind Bom. They are probably thinking why a nerd is doing here. All I see in the hallway were people making out like nobody’s business. Some people were putting stuff into their nose. Weird…

 

I clenched my fist and walked down the hall to the swimming pool with Bom.

 

“Bom baby! You’re here! Oh and you brought your friend. Sara right?” Krystal squealed as she gave Bom a hug and gave me a glance.

 

“It’s Dara.” I said over the loud music.

 

“Whatever. Bom, I need to introduce you to some guys over there, they’ve been asking about you so many times I’m going crazy.” Krystal said as she slide her arms around Bom’s and was about to guide her off to somewhere when Bom pulled away.

 

“It’s gonna be okay Dara, I’ll just say hi and be back. 10 minutes. Go get a drink alright. Meet you back here in 10 minutes okay!” Bom said as Krystal pulled her away again. She signalled 10 with her fingers before turning back to Krystal. I gave her an assuring smile and looked around for the drink station.

 

I folded my arms across my chest and walked around looking for drinks.

 

“Hey Dara right?” a guy came and placed his arms across my shoulders taking me by surprise.

 

I jumped and turn to see a bunch of guys beside me.

 

“Err, ya. Hi. Do I know you?” I hesitated as I scanned at their unfamiliar faces.

 

“Really? Really Dara? We’re from Monfront High. Friends of Seungri, we’ve definitely met before.” He smiled, his arms still around me.

 

“Erm. Seungri has many friends. Sorry I don’t recognise you.” I mumbled, tacking my hair behind my ear, scanning for Bom.  

 

“That’s alright, I’m Shawn these are my bros. Bros, this is Dara Park, Seungri’s girlfriend.” Shawn introduced me to the bunch of buff guys surrounding me. They chuckled and smiled at me introducing themselves one by one to me.

 

My head was a mess, my palms were sweating and I felt so out of place, I couldn’t focus on making friends at all. I just wanted Bom to come get me and head home.

 

“I’m not… I mean I’m not his girlfriend. Just close friends.” I said and flashed an awkward smile. I didn’t like the fact that his arms were around me. Not one bit.

 

“Oh I was hoping you’d say that. Then come on, join us for a drink!” Shawn insisted even before I could reject or pull myself away.

 

I was guided to a bar table in the kitchen I think. People were playing games and loser had to drink. Some were doing shots and others were just chilling with soda.

 

“What does Dara want to drink? Screwdriver? Buttery ? ? ?” one of the guys in the group asked me. I was absolutely shocked at the words he just mentioned. What are those…drink names?? The group laughed hysterically at my expression and what he just said to me. I didn’t seem so funny to me… why are they laughing even.

 

“I think I’ll just have a cup of orange juice, please.” I said as I settled on the high kitchen stool.

 

“Coming right up!” He winked and went to get me a drink.

 

“Don’t mind him Dara. Monfront High is an all guys school, so seeing a pretty girl like you can be a bit too much for them.” Shawn chuckled. I just nodded slightly and gave a slight smile.

 

The group started talking about everything. From party experiences to y school teachers, I listened and laughed at their silly experiences at times. They were entertaining, I’d give that to them. But my mind was on Jiyong. Where is he? Why haven’t I seen him yet...

 

I munched on a bowl of churros as I listened and scanned the room looking for the guy I’m here for.

 

The churros were making me so thirsty, I drank more than 3 cups of orange juice already. But they were tasty at the same time. Besides, I haven’t even the whole day, this bowl of churros is probably my first meal.

 

 

===

 

 

Jiyong POV

 

The usual party vibe, same people, it was boring. I arrived later than my friends and I probably didn’t miss much. I cant believe I gave up studying with Dara, to be here. Desperate boys and girls scattered around. Girls here actually think I’m interested in them throwing themselves at me. This is why I rarely come to such child’s play party, a fool of me to think this will be fun. God help me, I’m heading home.

 

“Ya! Jiyong-hyung!” Kai came rushing to me.

 

I nodded asking him to shoot whatever nonsense he has to say now.

 

“Is your brother here? He promised to hook me up with Sunny Lee.” Kai panted as he spoke.

 

“No.” I snapped as I took another shot.

 

“That’s funny… Then why is his girlfriend here…”Kai mumbled, rubbing his head as he turned to walk away.

 

“Who’s seungri’s girlfriend?” I asked as curiosity got to me.

 

“Dara Park, the geek. She’s here and she’s actually drinking. That’s a first isn’t it?” Kai chuckled slightly and headed off back to his group of friends.

 

….

 

……………….WHAT THE IS DUCKY DOING HERE?!!!?!?!?!!?!??!

 

How is it possible that geek living among books is at this party right now.

 

WHO THE IS SHE WITH EVEN. MOTHER OF ALL GODS, I WILL KILL HER THIS INSTANT AND DRAG HER DEAD FRAILE BODY BACK TO HER HOUSE WHERE SHE BELONGS. AND SHES DRUNK? A DUCKY LIKE HER CANT EVEN DRINK WATER PROPERLY, SHE ACTUALLY DARED TO TOUCH ALCOHOL??!!?!?!? WOAH THAT’S REALLY A FIRST. JUST SHE WAIT, I’M GONNA FIND HER.

 

“Bro, you alright? You’re shaking.” Taeyang asked and touched my forehead to see if I was sick.

 

“I’m fine. I need to find someone. I’ll call you later.” I sighed.

 

I furiously scanned the place as I walked around. Without me knowing, I was actually soaked in sweat. If any guys even think of touching her, this party is going to be a fight scene.  Thoughts of having guys touching her…it’s hard to even swallow my saliva. The only one who can touch her with any thoughts is me. Only me, Kwon Jiyong.

 

 

==

 

 

Dara POV

 

After my fifth cup of orange juice, I couldn’t focus. My eyes were blurry and all I can see are blurred out figures. The music got louder and my body swayed uncontrollably. I could feel someone holding onto my back, I couldn’t help but lean onto Shawn’s chest. This is not what I want. Where’s Bom…where’s Jiyong…

 

“Are you alright Dara?” one of the guys in the group asked with a sly smile plastered on his face.

 

“Wh..What did you give me…my head is..i..it’s so heav…heavy.” I laughed, I could barely complete a sentence.

 

Why am I laughing?? Was it even funny??

 

“It’s juice with vodka baby girl.”

 

“You’ll have a great time tonight Dara.”

 

I laugh uncontrollably at everything they said. I was laughing so much, my stomach hurt.

 

“I need more juice!” I demanded as I banged the table with my fist.

 

“More?” a guy handed me a red plastic cup.

 

I took one big gulp before I even see what was in the cup.

 

“EWWWW!!!!!” I screamed and spitting the drink back into the cup.

 

It was pure vodka and it tasted LIKE .

 

Shawn was sniffing me, I could feel his breathe on my neck. His hands were finding their way to my . I could feel his other arm, pushing my dress higher, exposing my upper thighs.

 

“Stop it~~~~~” I whined, attempted to push him away from me. But his arms were holding me and they were strong, I couldn’t even barge.

 

“I know you’re not Jiyong, go away, stop touching me~~~” I demanded and gave an even harder push.

 

This time Shawn actually let go. And I fall right smack onto the floor.

 

“OUCH!! Ya! Don’t you know how to let go slightly!!! HUH!!! I DEMAND AN APOLOGY!!!” I screamed and banged the floor with my fists. Without knowing, my dress was flipped and was exposing half my and the tongs that Bom made me wear.

 

“Don’t drink if you can’t handle it, ducky.” A familiar voice was heard just right in front me.

 

I stared at the familiar black converse and slowly looked up. I stared at the blurry figure standing before me then to his blurry face. My eyes couldn’t focus. I tilted my head to the side as I squinted my eyes to gain focus.

 

“Jiyong-ah” I smiled like a fool as I attempted to sit up.

 

“Hyung..” the group of guys all shocked at the sight of Jiyong standing there.

 

“Sigh… Didn’t you hear from people not to touch what’s mine? You wish to leave this place limping?” Jiyong sighed as he rubbed his temple and frowned.

 

“Hyung… We didn’t know she was yours… WE’RE SO SORRY..” the group of guys seems to be begging for their lives.

 

I frowned at the confusing scene. Who’s whose??? Why are these buff guys begging Jiyong. Is he even Jiyong. Or he a god. I don’t know.

 

Jiyong made a called and all I could hear was “clean up the Monfront mess at the bar table” before he bend down and picked me up bridal style and made his way through the hallway. I could hear girls gasping and people whispering, I could hear my name being mentioned over and over again as I passed people at the hall.

 

I don’t care what they think of me right now, because I finally saw the guy I’m here for. My eyes flattered as I glanced at the god sculpted face that is so close to me, I observed his eyes, brows and nose and lips. His lips, I wanted to touch them but I barely had the energy to move my hand. I couldn’t help but lean my head onto his chest. It’s Jiyong, it’s his smell. His arms didn’t feel foreign, it is Jiyong’s.

 

 

 

 


 


 

 

Please subscribe & comment! Thank u for reading :-)

                                                                                                                               xoxo