Protection spell

The Kingdoms Prophecy

 

Enjoy the little chapie ^^

Jaejoong POV:

I went with Junsu to the down town, where the other healers gathered all the cases they couldn’t treat in one big hospital. Junsu didn’t complain at all, about anything. He was smiling to everyone, comforting the families, assuring his citizens. Nobody could ever suspect that he was actually experiencing the huge pain he takes from everyone’s body and soul. I just kept staring at his shining smile, how tender and caring he was. I could do nothing for the moment, but I certainly should find a method that will make me feel that pain in his place…I promised. He finished and came to me,

“Not many people got hurt this time. I am thankful” he said as we walked outside

“But you suffered too much…” he looked at me, eyes round and wide,

“not that much. Don’t make it dramatic Jaejoong”

“I can feel it, Junsu-ya. Even when you disappeared to let’s say ‘rest’, I could feel your pain”

He kept staring blankly for few seconds at my sad face,

“You shouldn’t… something has gone wrong… I am sorry”

“Don’t dare apologizing to me again Junsu! I like it; I like to know that you wouldn’t lie to me ever again, because now I can feel everything going on”

“I am not lying…I am used to it”

“You don’t have to be anymore, then”

“Jae…please, don’t do any foolish things…”

“I am definitely doing them, Junsu”

“Jae! I know you’re feeling guilty and you want to fix your mistakes, but not that way! You shouldn’t feel my pain now, and you certainly shouldn’t make yourself bear it in my place! Every skill, every magic power has side effects Jaejoong, please don’t drag yourself into something dangerous”

“It is not only about my guilt, Jusnu. I don’t want you to suffer anymore, everyday, like if you were meant to your whole life” I confessed

“well that is my destiny and I am satisfied with it, Jaejoong. There is pain when healing, but this pain doesn’t last. It is replaced by happiness and satisfaction sooner than you can imagine. For healers, that happiness is their award for helping someone, and it is stronger than any suffering they can go through”

“Then I want you to feel that happiness without going through the pain, and I want myself to experience that happiness of helping someone too…not anyone, of helping an angel like you”

Junsu sighed, “I am not an angel Jae…please, I am begging you. Don’t use any skill that will make you feel the pain in my place”

“I am sorry, but I will use it”

Junsu seemed to get angry, but I was determinate. Seeing that stubborn stare in my eyes, his gaze softened in a kind of pity,

“So it is really big…that pain you don’t want me to dramatize!” I chuckled ironically

“Jaejoong…please” I could certainly drop my promise, seeing him pleading me like that, but I made my decision already, “No, Junsu, I’am sorry”

Junsu stared into my eyes for a long time, as if searching for something. Then he leaned forward and kissed me, a gentle, soft kiss almost in slow motion. I couldn’t move…though I literally kissed him many times, but that was an energy transfer, I kept telling myself. Also, I am sure I wasn’t that soft and kind like he is now. He stepped back while I was still stunned in my spot and smiled,

“I am sorry…You are just so stubborn” what?!

“You kissed me to make me less stubborn?!!” I asked, not making sense of his sentence. He chuckled nervously, “No…I am sorry; please don’t be mad at me” well, I am not mad at him. I am just surprised, and he didn’t give me time to process fully what he meant. He just took few steps back and run to the hospital again…what just happened?!!

I laid my back to the wall and contemplated the beautiful sky for some time; is Junsu in love with me? Najine came in front of me and tapped my shoulder, “Are you all right Jeoha?”

I jumped in my place, “Najine-ya?! How did you come?”

“I heard from master’s messenger that he is here, all right. I couldn’t bring myself to stay there”

“ah…yes he is fine”

“What is it Jeoha?” I want to tell her. She knows Junsu better than what I can ever do…I am sure it is fine if I tell her. She can help me,

“Najine…today, Junsu…umm…he kissed me”

“He what?!!!” she yelled, and I had to shut with my hand, “shut…” then when she calmed down, I could release her,

“Master?! Kissed…you?! In which situation?”

“We were talking about the pain he feels when he is healing. I can feel it now, and I want to take it away…I mean there is a skill that can make me feel it in his place, and he pleaded me not to use it; then I refused, and he just kissed me, saying I am too stubborn”

“Ahhhh!!!” she sighed, “now I understand”

“You understand what?!”

“He didn’t kiss you Jeoha” she chuckled, “he spelled you”

“WHAT?!!!”

“I recall that master told me you transfer by the same method. I mean joining your lips with the other. If I can explain it that way, your kiss transfers, his is a protection spell”

“What do you mean, a protection spell?!”

“He has landed you a part of his aura, now it is surrounding you like a shield. It will protect you from any danger, even if you want to cause that danger yourself. He basically forbidden you to use the skill that will make you feel his pain”

“Now, what?!!! I should find him now! He should undo this stupid shield whatever!”

“Jeoha!” she followed me back to the hospital, “Can you undo a transfer?”

“No…?”

“well, he can’t undo the spell either”

“Now, we will see about that!” I am angry! Angry! How can he do something like that to me!