What's the other side looks like?

The Kingdoms Prophecy

 

Born from a demon and an angel marriage

A human that carries both souls

Have to choose to win or to loose

Win a heart or loose a life

The two wings cannot be apart

Break the walls, you will be free

But freedom has a price to pay

Between gold and argent you will choose

And one of them will make you loose

The other choice is hard to take

And if you take it, pain will be your faith

Others or you, that is how you live

From the moment when you hated to be yourself

Crossed that door you have seen things

That no one should see

To change destiny this is your pay

Live with it as you go away

“Does it make any sense to you,  Jaejoong-ah?” The grandmother addressed her young grandson.

“Halmeonie…it is a sad story” the young boy answered. The old woman looked thoughtfully to the rock in front of her and sighed,

“To be able to understand the prophecy, we have to see the other part of it”

“and where is it halmeonie?”

“In the other kingdom”

“Halmeonie…why is everything is parted between us and them? We always have the half of all things and they have the other half”

“That is why you should reunite the two islands and govern both, so that nothing will be parted anymore”

“But why is it parted already?”

“Let’s sit down…I’ll tell you a story” The queen sat down and her grandson took place beside her, listening carefully,

“These two kingdoms were, long ago, one land. The King had two twin sons and thought a lot on how to decide of his successor. He called them and told them that they should not forget that they are brothers no matter what happens. They shouldn’t get jealous of each other.  However, before figuring out how to appoint the next king, the old man died. Their two sons fought for the position. Their mother, who was very powerful, wanted to stop the civil war that her sons caused, so she divided the kingdom into two separate lands, and give each one of them one part. However, when she died, her sons began fighting again. The prophecy says that the two kingdoms will fight endlessly, until one of the leaders sacrifices himself to let the other govern alone. Those two leaders are described in the prophecy…however, it is hard to understand, especially that we don’t have the other part of the text”

“So if one of the kings, queens, or princes, or princesses sacrifices him or herself, there will be no more wars?”

“yea…”

“then just kill me…all of this should be over…I sacrifice myself”

“How could you say something like that!!” The old woman shouted, “You are a child that does not understand anything! You cannot sacrifice yourself just like this! Plus, if you are not the person cited in the prophecy, it would be vain!”

“Don’t get mad at me halmeonie…but if one of the kingdoms loses its prince, it would be no war”

“Then the kingdom that should lose is Tistane, not us!”

“why?! Are they bad people?”

“Yes they are…they would fill this place with injustice…do you want your people to be treated as slaves?”

“No…so I’ll just fight them until they lose…even though…the prophecy says that one of them should sacrifice…not being killed”

“When you fight them, just think that you are fighting bad people to limit their harm…and that’s your role, arasso Jaejoongie?”

“yes…halmeonie”

                             **************************************

“Are you okay, Master?” The young servant asked, putting a boll of water on the little hospital table.

The young prince wiped his sweat with his arm and continued his work, “yes…don’t worry…I am fine”

“But…your highness, you seem so tired”

The prince looked deeply at his circular aura that he was maintaining on his patient chest, “I should do this Najine-ya…how many…how many are still badly hurt?”

“ten people Master…do you think you can still do that?”

“I have to…Can I borrow you some of your powers?”

“nee, your highness” the servant answered with a wide smile, “as much as you need”

“Thank you so much Najine-ya” The young prince smiled back.

“It is a pleasure for me to serve you, Master”

“Stop calling me master…I hate it”

“nee, your highness”

The prince got up and addressed the nurse beside him,

“Yoona-shi, please let him rest and keep him warm…give him the medicine I have prepared to drink once he got up, ok?”

“nee, your highness”

“I cannot believe how many people get injured in this war! It is unbelievable…this should stop”

After all the healing, the young prince returned to his castle, his two intimate servants walked by his sides. Najine asked again,

“Are you feeling okay, your highness? You lost a lot of energy today”

Although the young man had a pale skin and sweated a lot, he smiled,

“I am fine Najine-ya, stop worrying so much”

“I can’t, you highness. I am really concerned. You help all people and worry about them so much, but you don’t pay attention to your health…You always get hurt because of others…I am sorry but…I am really worried”

“I’ll get lots of rest and I’ll be fine, okay?”

The other servant noticed, “Isn’t the castle too silent?”

The others stopped, paying attention, “Nihan-ya, you’re right. Let’s check on their majesties room!”

The room was empty, the hall was empty too. The prince put his guard on…he heard voices and turned immediately,

“Junsu-ya…been a long time” an old man, dressed finely, called out. The prince looked at him fiercely,

“What did you do? Hijan-shi!?”

“ah…you know…you didn’t change that much…you still a spoiled child…anyway…their majesties are with us…I give you two options: come calmly with us too and we won’t hurt them, or don’t come calmly with us and we would badly hurt them. What do you think…jeonha? (he smirked) Ah!...I didn’t notice that your energy levels are that low…were you being totally kind again…healing people and taking their pain?! Kindness is too bad for you…it is not in your nature that’s why…Hahahaha”

                                 ***********************************************

“What should we do? Should we tell the king?”

“About what? He is just acting a bit so that we pity him…Tistane people are very wise!”

“I don’t think that he is acting…I am afraid he would die or something…”

“Die?!(the guardian laughed) this young boy is carrying inside him a power that can destroy everything in this Kingdome”

“Yes! But he cannot use it…remember that the cells on his waists make the use of energy impossible! And if he was able to use his powers…do you think he would be here?”

“What are you talking about?” As soon as the guardians heard the sharp voice behind them, they turned and bowed in respect,

“Your highness (one of them began) we were discussing the matter of our hostage”

“What’s with him?” The charming prince asked.

“He is suffering your Hightness”

“Is he sick?”

“We don’t know your highness. We were about to go tell his Majesty about the matter”

“Fine…open me that cell. I am going to check on him myself”

“The guardian opened the cell and bowed, letting the prince go in. On the bed, was a lying, shaking figure that was rolled like a ball…some painful voices could be heard. The prince approached his hostage; he was dressed in fine cloths too,

“Is he the crown prince of Tistane?”

“Yes your highness” The guardian answered.

“Close the cell and leave us for a moment”

“Your orders, jeonha”

The prince shook the body, and to his surprise, it swung so easily like if it had no weight. Junsu  lifted his face to look at the other man; he was totally pale; his face was covered with sweat, and he breathed hardly. However, this was not what stunned the prince and let him completely frozen, open mouthed…he remembered when he got badly injured in one of his wars and lost his way in the forest…

[Flash Back]

The suffering prince threw his body against a tree, his vision became fuzzy, and he felt like he was dying…

“Are you feeling better?” A soft voice asked him as he opened his eyes slowly…when his vision became clearer; he realized that he was encircled by beautiful trees and flowers. A young boy was looking down at him, smiling sweetly. He was wearing beautiful white cloths…

“uh…are you?...an angel? I died?...Am I in heavens?”

The boy looked puzzled for a second, then he laughed,

“No…I guess it is because I am wearing white cloths…You are alive and totally fine”

The prince got up. Sitting down, he realized that all his bruises were healed and there were no remaining marks,  except for his ruined uniform,

“ah!?...How come?” then he looked at the boy waiting for an answer.

“Yes…I healed you…I am good, I know”

“oh! How did you do that?”

“Just like you, I have some special powers: healing people”

“ah…Thank you so much…you saved my life”

“I just did what I should. Please be careful next time”

“ye…”

“I brought you some fruits…I washed them for you…eat them…it is good for you. I’ll be going now; it is late…Please be careful going back home. The war is over, yet there are still some soldiers here and there”

“Thank you so much…hey (he called out when the boy got up) who are you by the way?”

“Does it matter?”

“Yes…I want to know…I own you my life. Please allow me to return you this favor”

“Then can I ask you something?”

“yes…whatever you want”

“From your cloths, I see that you must be a very important person. Please, do your possible to stop this war. The pain you felt when you got hurt…there are lots of people feeling that way and worse, there are deaths, some of them lose their loved ones and live in pain for a long time…stop it please”

The prince remained stunned for a while, the he finally said,

“Is that your …wish?”

“Yes, please”

“Then I promise you to do what I can”

The boy smiled gratefully, “Thank you…it means so much for me”

[End of Flashback]

That same boy…it is him! Oh my God!”

Jaejoong kneeled in front of the bed. He touched his hostage face; it is boiling with fever,

“Hey! What is happening to you? Are you sick? What is it?”

The other young man tried to answer, but he couldn’t speak anything understandable. He closed his eyes, not being able to keep them open either. The prince freaked out; he called for his servants and asked one to bring the key to the power cells and the other to call for the other prince servants. While waiting, he tried to wake the young boy in vain…”Please don’t die…please hold on!”

When two of Tistane’s prince servants arrived, they were shocked. They ran to examine their master’s condition, not even paying attention to the others. The female one stood to face Costane’s prince with watery eyes,

“Open us the power cells please…if we don’t transfer him energy now he would die…please”

“Open the cells for them” Jaejoong ordered immediately. The two servants ed their master’s upper cloths. The female put her hands flat between his shoulders and the male put his hands in the same way on her back. Costane prince knew what energy transfer looked like, but these two were too fast, maybe the fastest transfers he have never seen; a big amount of energy flashed in his eyes…Now he know exactly why his father prisoned them like that; they are great masters of their skills.

The young boy moved, he grab the girl’s hand and pulled it away,

“Master…please, allow me to finish…you still…”

“No…that’s enough” He interrupted her as he sat up, smiling kindly, “Thank you so much…both of you…I’ll take care of it…You need to keep some of it for yourselves”

“But Master…”

“I told you not to call me this way…it is awkward…I am fine really”

But she began crying, “Please take a little more…just a little”

“Najine-ya…don’t cry, I am fine really…look at Nihan-ah…he lost a lot of his power! That’s okay…” Then he turned to face the prince that was still in shock,

“Thank you for allowing them to come…please be kind and don’t put on these cells on them for some time, so they can regenerate their energy…they have lost a lot of it because of me”

One of the guardians looked unbelievably to his master, “We cannot your highness” but he received a piercing look,

“Are you giving me orders?”

“No your highness…I apologize”

“How much time do they need?”

“half a day…if possible”

“However, they should promise not to use their powers to escape”

“I can guaranty that to you, your highness”

“Then it is fine. them to their cell and don’t disturb them”

The guardians bowed, though insure of their master’s orders. They left and closed the door behind them. The prince sighed and sat down on the corner of the bed,

“Are you feeling better?”

“Thank you…for letting them…” but he stopped, coughing a little.

“This girl was right…You need more energy”

“but if she gave me more, she will be hurt”

“Are you sick?”

“No…I just ran out of power”

“um…what can I do to help?”

“You are too kind, your highness”

“Why are you calling me like this although you are a prince too?”

“Isn’t it your title? Am I not your hostage now?”

“Whatever…what can I do?”

“If…is there any lack or river beside here…I just need to be close to water and I’ll be fine”

“So water is your power source…”

“yes…”

“Ok…I’ll take you to a lack”

“Why do you trust me that much?”

“I know you are too weak to do anything”

“But if I get closer to my power source, it is dangerous”

“I know you would consider my help and not betray me. Come on, let’s go”

The prince walked outside the castle, then he turned to see that his hostage is walking too slowly, holding on the walls beside him,

“Are you sure that you are… fine?” but as he finished his sentence, the other boy felt on his knees. He rushed toward him, “are you okay?”

Junsu was breathing hardly again, and sweat covered his forehead again, “You are in a bad condition…really”

“there…there is a spell…too powerful…”

“A spell?!!”

“Please…stop it…”

“What are you talking about?” The young boy began coughing severely, his sweat becoming red like blood. He leaned his head on the wall and closed his eyes, almost fainting.

“Oh my God! What’s happening to you? What’s that?! Your sweating!…bleeding!?” He carried the boy on his back and ran until he got into the lack. He then took the young man on his arms and tried to wake him up, washing his face with the cold water,

“Hey! Wake up! We are in the lack…you can regenerate your powers now, can’t you? Please wake up!”

The young prince started moving his hand, then opening his eyes. He looked around; the lack seemed so pure. He hanged on the other man arms to stand up,

“Thank you…you can leave me now…please get out of here so I don’t hurt you”

“Are you sure?”

“yes…” he answered with a gentle smile.

“Okay then”

When the first prince got out of the lack, the other one walked deeper. Water began moving, creating some nested circles. Then it flew up in a beautiful shape around the young man, forming a kind of ball that hided everything inside it. The prince waited, enjoying the beautiful shapes and colors the water portrayed, until they disappeared. Junsu got out from the lack, all dump, but all fresh and energetic. He smiled thankfully,

“Thank you…for all what you have done”

The other prince returned the smile, “it is really nothing. Don’t thank me”

“Have we…met before?”

“Do you think you have seen me before?”

“maybe…you face looks familiar”

“We met…in the forest… long time ago”

“oh really?...my apologies, I don’t remember well”

“it is okay…I hope you won’t collapse again when we return”

“The spell!”

“which spell?”

“A strong spell…it is what caused me all this. Didn’t you feel it?”

“No…and we hadn’t put any spells around the castle, I am sure”

“it is weird”

“If you feel dizzy when we get closer, tell me. Maybe I should call our magicians to figure out what is going on”

“okay” and they began walking

“You know…You look totally different like this”

The young prince chuckled, “different?”

“Yes…you are shining now…but you were like a zombie moments ago”

The young prince chuckled again, “a zombie? Isn’t it rude from your part, your highness?”

“You’re talking to me again by your highness!”

“what should I call you?”

“Call me Jaejoong”

“By your name?! If his Majesty hears me…he will definitely kill me!”

“Why? You’re a prince too”

“even though…anyway, nice to meet you…again…Jaejoong-nim, does it sound better like this?”

“neee…much better”

“You can call me Junsu if you want”

“Nice to meet you…again… Junsu-ya”

“Are you like this with all your hostages?”

“No…just special ones”

“Then I should have done something really good for you when we first met to consider me special”

“Yes, you did”

“What was it?”

“You saved my life”

“Today, you saved mine too, so we are equal”

“No…you saved my life…and my soul. I only saved your life”

“ah…how did I do all that?...why can’t I remember?”

“Because, I guess, you help too many people a day…so you can’t remember all of them”

“are you just too sweet with me?”

“maybe…”

“The spell…I can feel it”

“Are you okay?”

“yes…but I can feel it”

“I am not good with spells, but if it is that powerful, I should have felt it…”

“You are protected from it, Jaejoong-nim”

“Really?!” Jaejoong looked at the other prince; his eye colors changed to a light gray as he looked at him,

“A powerful aura is protecting you from it…you cannot feel it”

“Why is your eyes changing?”

“I am trying to see where it comes from…”

“from where?”

“The center of the castle”

“The center?...this is our magicians dorm…Are they transgressing my orders?”

“maybe they are just executing his Majesty’s orders…the spell…it will only affect me…no one else”

“uh?! Why?! Do you mean that…father is…”

“He is…just like my father…he wants me dead…but, the spell won’t kill me…it would weaken me to the extreme…then, I’ll just fall into an endless coma…maybe”

“or?”

“uh?!”

“you said maybe… there is another possibility then”

Junsu lowered his head, “I don’t want the other possibility to happen…I don’t want to talk about it either”

“Ok…so, what do we do about this mysterious spell?”

“If I fall into this coma…you would have my kingdom for your own…don’t you want it?”

“No…when I saw your servant crying for you…I thought…your servants and your people should love you a lot…if you get hurt, I will have much more problems than if I keep you safe and try some diplomacy”

“I am impressed by your reasoning jaejoong-nim”

“isn’t that true?”

“Could be…you should ask Tistane’s people to know”

“I don’t have to…I can figure out how they feel…You are not like I have been told…at all”

“neither you…you are so different”

Jaejoong chuckled painfully, “what a misunderstanding! Our countries are fighting for so long…and look how we get along so easily…if we just met before and discussed the matter, we could have found a solution and saved a lot of lives and fortune”

“…you’re right…but the eldest won’t have let us…just like now…”

“we can make an effort though, can’t we?”

“nee…even though you are in the powerful position right now and I am in the weak one, you behave this way…you have my respect crown prince”

                                                       *****************************

“What?! Have you gone insane Jaejoong!?” The king yelled, hitting on his chair.

“No father…I explained to you why I took such decision”

“And do you think he will keep his promise? Tistanis are just jerks!”

“We will see about that when we got there”

“You will take the entire responsibility for this Jaejoong!”

“Of course father”

                                                *********************************

  “I can stay without the power cells!?” Junsu asked in disbelieve

“For a period of time…can you overcome the spell like that?”

“Of course I can…Kamsamida”

“But…I will ask you a favor”

“What is it?”

“Can you…heal my grandmother? She is very sick and no one found out the cure”

Junsu smiled sweetly, “Of course…I’ll do my best”

“Really?!...you will?”

“nee…isn’t it my job?”

Jaejoong smiled back, “You are so pure”

“I am not…I have to do my job that’s all”

“thanks”

                                                      ************************

“Halmeonie…we came” Jaejoong knocked the door and entered, followed by Junsu. In the wide room, the king and the queen were standing beside the large bad, where an older woman was sitting. Junsu bowed in respect to only receive a piercing look.

“halmoenie…this is the crown prince of Tistane”

She looked carefully at him, then to the ground, a big cobra came out from the side of the bed and approached  the young prince who didn’t move. Jaejoong looked at his parents,

“Was it necessary?!”

“This is just to make sure…” the old woman answered calmly.

The cobra moved to encircle the young prince body and began caressing his face. He chuckled,

“stop…my lady what you do is tickling me” he said jokingly to the snake around him.

“OMO!!” Jaejoong exclaimed, “This is impossible!”

“what?!” Junsu asked innocently.

“How?! This snake is not a friendly animal you know…she does not get along with people…but…”

Junsu looked at the snake that lied its head on his shoulder and remained, then to all the open mouths on the room,

“I…always had a good relation with animals…did you want her to kill me?”

“No!” Jaejoong said quickly, “Not that! Actually she…tests the aura…”

The grandmother called for her pet, the cobra moved to settle on her master laps,

“This snake can see through your aura…if it is clean…I mean you are sincere and having good intentions, she does not hurt…but if you were thinking something bad…she gets angry…but what I see is that she really liked you…which never happened before…You should be a very nice and kind person crown prince…just as Jaejoong said…I thought he was easily fooled…my apologies…I thought bad of you”

Junsu smiled, “it is ok your majesty…caution  is a wise behavior…I can understand that I am put in an enemy position”

Jaejoong sighed. He smiled victoriously to his father, who was boiling with rage,

“Aren’t you using your aura to affect animals crown prince?”

Junsu looked at the king surprisingly, “No, your majesty…I don’t have such ability”

“My snake is protected from such thing…don’t you think that I am wise enough to consider this possibility, dear son?” The old woman responded.

“No mother…That was not my intention”

“Good then, leave us alone…we have to talk”