The Fight

L i f e

A/N: okay people, from now on, whenever I post a note or teaser as a whole chapter and explain whatever I'm explaining, i will be deleting them once I post a FULL chapter.

If you happened to miss the teaser though, don't blame me ^^

There will probably be other teasers on the way and possibly, at one point of time, there will be more than one teaser after another.

I'll see.

For now, I've started writing again so I'm posting again ^^ enjoy~

 

***

 

Thanksgiving finally arrived.

 

My parents left early in the morning while I was still asleep so my sister and I never got the chance to say good bye and have a safe trip but I woke up at 9am to get ready for my friends arrival.

 

I showered, cleaned my room and checked the guest bed room. 

 

My parents had helped me put a double bed in the guest bed room.

 

One of my friends were going to be sleeping in my bedroom seeing as I had another double bed.

 

At 9.30am, my sister left the house.

 

She and her friends had also planned another Thanksgiving sleep over at her best friends house, and, having asked my parents permission, she left.

 

I drove her to her friends place at and at about 10.10am, we arrived, I dropped her down, told her to have fun and drove back home.

 

I told my friends to get there at about 10.45.

 

I arrived back home at about 11am and my friends were already standing outside Angel’s car, their bags in their hands and waiting for me.

 

I pulled up the car into the drive way, parked it and got out.

 

I received full hugs from all three of my friends and with a smile, we walked inside.

 

For the first hour or so, we had breakfast because apparently, the four of us didn’t have breakfast.

 

After breakfast, they put their things in their own rooms and I found out that Cyndi will be sleeping in my room.

 

If Jackie was my best friend that I could tell everything to, then Cyndi was my bestest friend in the whole world.

 

I could tell her everything.

 

She knew ALL of my secrets, no exceptions.

 

When the three of them were done, they walked out into the living room.

 

I was in the kitchen cutting up some fruits.

 

“Hey Chaeri? Could you come here for a sec?” Jackie called out.

 

“Hang on a second! I’m cutting up some fruit!”

 

“Chaeri, please come here. Forget the fruit. We need to talk.”

 

I froze.

 

Angel was speaking so seriously.

 

Something was up.

 

I washed my hand, wiped it on a tea towel that was hanging by the oven handle and into the living room I went.

 

Cyndi and Jackie were sitting on the couch whereas Angel was sitting in between them on the floor.

 

I sat opposite of them.

 

“What’s up?”

 

Cyndi smiled at me for a second before she spoke.

 

“You know don’t you? You know what we want to talk to you about?”

 

I didn’t speak for a second before slowly nodding.

 

“I’ve got a hunch…is it about Darren?”

 

Cyndi and Jackie looked at each other but Angel just looked at her and it was her that answered.

 

“Yeah, it’s about Darren.”

 

No one spoke for a second.

 

“Look, Chaeri, I know this news may come as a blow to you, but…please try to understand okay? We don’t exactly feel comfortable telling you these things either but it’s for your own good.”

 

I frowned at what Jackie was saying to me.

 

“What do you mean?” I asked.

 

“Darren isn’t who you think he is.” Cyndi immediately said.

 

The words that she said hung in the air for a second before I laughed.

 

Angel’s eyes widened a fraction before reverting back to their original size.

 

“Seriously?! Are you guys going to tell me that he’s a vampire or something?”

 

I continued to laugh.

 

Cyndi took out a phone that I didn’t recognize.

 

I stared at it for a second after Cyndi had placed it gently on the table in front of me.

 

“Who’s phone is this?”

 

I asked looking up at Cyndi.

 

“Jason’s.”

 

Jason Kim.

 

I knew him.

 

He was one of the first few guys I thought I could trust but couldn’t.

 

He had used me to gain popularity.

 

I stared at the phone menacingly.

 

Angel reached out and pressed a few buttons and then put it gently back onto the table.

 

Soon, Darren’s voice began to fill in the silence in the house.

 

“I can’t believe she’s so dense you know?! She’s just so damn hilarious!” -Darren

 

“Who are you talking about dude?”- I couldn’t recognize this voice.

 

“Chaeri! Who else!”-Darren

 

“You mean the girl that hangs with Angel?”

 

“Yeah…her. God, she’s so dense!”-Darren

 

“I don’t even get what you’re saying!”

 

-THE SINK GOES ON-

 

“I was actually the one that started up the rumors about us dating…because I swear, she’s just so funny to play around with! I think I might ask her out, date her for a few weeks and then dump her.”-Darren

 

“Darren! That’s really not fair to her!”

 

-SCOFFS- -Darren

 

“Right. And fairness will get me where in the society? No where that’s where! You have to learn to use your sources pal!”-Darren

 

-CLAP ON THE BACK- -Darren

 

“I think she has it bad for me! She doesn’t even hang around with her friends anymore! She’s hanging onto every single one of my words like a desperate !” -Darren

 

“Darren…you really don’t want to play with Chaeri like that. You’re going to get hated at this school! Chaeri is known around the whole school!”

 

“And I’ll be even more known that her for dumping her!” -Darren

 

-LAUGHS- -Darren

 

“Ah~ the joys of dating and  dumping a girl~”-Darren

 

The silence seemed to drag on forever as Darren’s last statement hung in the air like a heavy winter’s blanket.

 

I stared at the phone for a second before looking up at my friends.

 

Did they really expect me to believe that Darren would do that to me?!

 

“This isn’t him… I bet you guys found a guy who sounded like him and made a play out of it, recorded it and then put it in front of me!”

 

I stood up quickly.

 

Cyndi, Jackie and Angel followed, looking at me worriedly.

 

I pointed down to the phone.

 

“This isn’t Darren…this isn’t Darren…”

 

“Chaeri-”

 

Cyndi began.

 

I looked up at my best friend angrily.

 

“You guys are just jealous! You’re just jealous because-“

 

*SLAP*

 

I had never been slapped before.

 

Never.

 

“WHY WOULD WE BE JEALOUS?!”

 

Angel shouted.

 

Angel, who was the sweetest of the four of us.

 

I saw tears fall out of her eyes.

 

“We just want you to be happy…we didn’t want to believe that this was Darren either! You two looked so cute together! But,”

 

Angel stopped for a second because she was full on crying now.

 

“We wanted you know the truth.”

 

Jackie stepped in and finished the sentence for Angel.

 

She hugged Angel, and over the top of her head, she continued.

 

“We don’t want you to get hurt! We-“

 

“SHUT UP!”

 

I shouted at Jackie.

 

“Shut up…”

 

I ran out of the house, tears falling out and down my face.