1st Journal Entry

L i f e

Here it is! the first journal entry xDDD enjoy~ (is at the point of writing the middle of chapter 29 ^^)

 

***

 

Dear Diary,

Wow, this is like the first time ive ever actually bothered to write in a journal!

I don’t exactly know how it works so I hope you will give me some time to figure it out??? Keke~

Anyways, I think I should give you a self introduction.

Hi~ The name is Chaeri.

I’m not korean if that’s what your wondering.

My parents just really fell in love with the name, or wait, hang on a second, correction, my MUM fell in love with the name when she was watching this Korean drama…my lovely sam soon? You probably haven’t heard of it so…yeahh…anyways, she fell in love with the name, and apparently, she had a fight with dad about it…he wanted to name me some random name like Stephanie or something…I definitely prefer Chaeri.

Anyways, I’m completely and fully Australian.

I migrated to the states a few years or so ago [a year and a half ago I believe if you want me to be exact on the details] although, I’ve been visiting the states since birth so I know Seattle pretty well before I moved here permanently.

I’m 16 and my birthday is on the 6th of November.

I’m born on the year of the pig and I’m a scorpio~

I’m a pretty good student that gets straight A’s with an occasional A- but never less.

I’m considered a nerd at my school actually so…but yeahh, im still pretty respected amongst my peers.

I have three best friends at school with heaps of other friends but I hang with those three more than anything.

Angel Renton, Cyndi Tran and Jackie Oh.

I tell them everything.

Wow, all my sentences have started with “I’m”…I should start to change some of my wordings….I must sound like a person who at vocabulary even though that’s the truth.

I absolutely at vocabulary.

But still, even though I , I still manage to get A’s in English/ Language Arts…

Americahad this weird thing of calling English class LA class = =

…I really miss Australia…even though I haven’t thought about my homeland for a damn long time, I still miss it regardless, and sometimes, I would even dream about it.

I especially miss all my friends there…

I mean, I have heaps of friends here and stuff but…Australia is still my homeland and I really miss it like crazy!

Okay, I think you get the point that miss Australia xD

So, I think I’m done with the introductions-

I stopped writing.

Something was wrong.

Suddenly, ink started to appear on the piece of paper I was writing on.

What is your wish?

I stared it for a second, not sure what was happening.

The ink began to fade before I got any more time to comprehend.

I stared at the sheet of paper for a second, before deciding that I was hallucinating.

I finished my first journal entry.

So I’m going to go now.

I have HEAPS of homework, and I get the feeling that I’m not going to be able to finished it all today TT

Which means I’m screwed for class tomorrow.

Anyways, I’ll write in you later…maybe.

Probably not though…I’m not a big fan of journal writing so I doubt I’ll be writing a second journal entry…

But yeah…

Got to go…

Bye…

I stared at the last line of the piece of paper, wondering how to really end a journal entry.

“Well, seeing as I already said bye…I’ve ended it right?”

I didn’t care.

That writing from before was still freaking me out.

I snapped the book shut, opened my bottom most drawer where I kept all the things I didn’t use, dumped it inside and closed it.

“Okay….time to study.”

***

The next day seemed to be normal.

Except that is, after school where I didn’t realize, but there was a surprise waiting for me.

I walked down the stairs of the front of the school, as usual with Jackie, chatting about how annoying out history teacher was by giving us a project that she made due in two days when I saw my cousin, Jake, leaning against his car, chatting to Angel and Cyndi.

Or he was more chatting to Angel than Cyndi.

I stopped in my tracked for a few minutes before rushing down the stairs, hearing Jackie call after me.

No one told me that Jake was going to be here.

“Jake! Yah! JAKE!” I shouted at him as I rushed across the school yard.

Obviously I had yelled loud enough because Cyndi turned around and waved at me.

I gave her a half hearted wave and charged by her.

I grabbed Angel by her forearm and yanked her away from Jake.

After awhile though, I stopped and turned around to face Angel.

I exploded.

“WHAT THE HELL?! YOU COULD HAVE TEXTED ME THAT JAKE WAS GOING TO BE HERE! YOU KNOW HOW I DON’T WANT YOU GUYS TO START DATING! ANGEL! ANGEL! ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?!”

Angel stared at me but I knew she wasn't staring at me, she was staring through me.

I gave an exasperated sigh and shook Angel on the shoulders a few times.

Hard.

“Wh-what?! What the hell was that for Chaeri!” She said, finally come back to the face of earth.

I put my hands on my hips and narrowed my eyes.

“That’s my question.”

“What do you mean?” She looked at me clueless.

I rolled my eyes at her.

“Jake. What the HELL is he doing here?! He’s my cousin yes but that doesn’t mean he’s just going to come to my school! Unless,”

I stared hard at her.

“Someone called him.”

I waited for a squirm and soon, I got it.

“Explain.”

That was the only word I could muster before I knew I was going to explode again.

Angel smiled apologetically at me.

“I just wanted to chat and hang with him after school…and he agreed…that’s all…”

I was REALLY staring at her now.

“Seriously?!”

She nodded.

I knew it wasn’t that simple.

Angel isn’t a simple girl when it came to relationships with guys.

I knew, that if I let her hang with my cousin for the day, the next day she would exclaim to me that they had started dating each other.

And then by then, there wasn’t anything I could do about it anymore.

So if I didn’t try to stop it now, I would never get another chance to.

Until they break up, but they haven’t even started yet so it’s too early to think about that.

“Angel Renton. You know-“

“I know, I know. I know you don’t want me to hang around Jake and date him and stuff because you’re scared that if he hurts me then you won’t know how to face me and that if I hurt him you won’t know how to face me either…and I get all that but seriously…I really love him…”

I almost gagged when she said that.

This wasn’t going to work and I knew it.

I saw Angel smile to herself and I sighed.

“I hope I don’t regret this…” I muttered to myself.

But obviously, with a girl like Angel, those mutterings never escapes her ears.

She began to jump up and down, holding onto my and.

“Thank you, thank you Chaeri! I knew you wouldn’t mind! I love you!”

She hugged me.

I didn’t know what I was going to do about this friend of mine.

She’s so uncontrollable that sometimes [like now for instance] it pisses me off.

She let go of me and then ran to Jake who was talking to Cyndi and Jackie with a smile.

I saw her grab his forearm and tell him the news.

He looked at me and nodded with a smile.

I rolled my eyes at him and then turned away.

I knew Cyndi and Jackie were going to catch up to me so I didn’t call them.

The normal seeming day had just become the worst day ever.