3rd Journal Entry

L i f e

The next few weeks got better and better as Chaeri and Darren hung around each other more.

 

They began to be seen together every where they went with the two of them laughing and chatting constantly.

 

Rumors soon began to start that the two were going out.

 

However, neither accepted the rumor nor denied it.

 

 

 

“Hey! Chaeri!”

 

I turned around and saw Angel and Cyndi run towards me, their hair flowing behind them.

 

“What’s up you guys?”

 

They caught up with me and began to fall step with me.

 

Angel looked around me.

 

I cocked one eyebrow and used my eyes to ask her why she was looking around.

 

She smiled apologetically and said,

 

“I’m just surprised that Darren isn’t here.”

 

I didn’t say anything nor react.

 

“So what’s up anyways you guys?”

 

I asked after a minute of silence.

 

Cyndi spoke first.

 

“We wanna have a party! You know how it’s Thanksgiving this week? We thought we could have a party over at someone’s,”

 

At the word someone, Angel and Cyndi both turned to look at me before Cyndi continued.

 

“House.”

 

I laughed.

 

This was so like them.

 

I suddenly realized at how much I missed hanging with the three of them.

 

Darren had taken in a large part of my life and I realized that I had just neglected my best friends.

 

But they were understanding and forgave me.

 

I was happy.

 

They were so awesome.

 

“No problem. I’ll ask my parents. It’ll be a girl’s night in...or out or whatever.”

 

Angel wooted and Cyndi smiled with a nod.

 

“I’m sooo going to bring DVD’s and CD’s and stuff! It’s going to be soooo awesome!”

 

I laughed.

 

Angel was hyper.

 

Especially about parties.

 

“How long do you think we can stay over though?”

 

Cyndi asked.

 

I didn’t answer.

 

“’Cause, there’s actually a reason why the three of us want to come over.”

 

I turned to look at Cyndi for a second.

 

She gave me a half hearted smile and said quietly,

 

“We wanna talk to you about something…”

 

I knew that when she said stuff like that it wasn’t going to be good news.

 

And I had a hunch about what it was going to be about too.

 

“Look you guys, I’m really sorry that the past few-“

 

Cyndi held up her hand to stop me from talking.

 

“Let’s talk about it later. Right now, we just want to know how many nights we can stay over for…preferably the whole two nights of the weekday and Saturday night. But if only one night then I think that’s fine too…”

 

I nodded and then said,

 

“I’ll ask.”

 

She smiled at me and then linked her arms in mine.

 

“Don’t think too much about it okay? We just wanna have a chat to you about something private…”

 

Sensing my look, Cyndi said,

 

“It’ll only take a few minutes. We promise.”

 

Angel linked her arm in my other arm and nodded with a smile.

 

I smiled.

 

I was happy to have friends like them.

 

They were like my family, my sisters.

 

“Thanks you guys…”

 

***

 

Dear Diary,

 

So, 3rd journal entry…I swear I have it bad…I wonder what happened to “never going to write in a journal” theory…huh…must have been thrown into the trash ><

 

So, this week is Thanksgiving and I just asked my parents if Cyndi, Angel and Jackie can stay over for a few nights. They heartedly agreed because they were going away for Thanksgiving, and they didn’t know what to do about Flo and I, so, thank gawd for that.

 

So…they said they wanted to talk to me about something important…

 

I’m actually a bit worried you know?

 

Because…now that I think about it, I haven’t been around them very much because of Darren.

 

I think I should talk about Darren first before I continue onto my “why I haven’t been spending a lot of time with my friends” reason.

 

So, he’s a new transfer and I swear, he’s the one guy in the WHOLE school I can have a proper and intelligent conversation with.

 

I mean, it’s not like I can’t with other guys, it’s just that I don’t feel that comfortable chatting to them, because by the end of the convo, it’s going to revert back to my single relationship status and I hate talking about that stuff in front of guys.

 

So, thank gawd for Darren because I swear, I’m not socializing as well with the American guys than the Australian ones.

 

Australian guys are much easier to hang with.

 

For one, they don’t always dwell on my relationship status.

 

Although, they do always make really disgusting jokes about **x and that just pisses me off…but its funny sometimes, depending on how they say it that is xDDD

 

Anyways, back to the original topic.

 

So I’ve been hanging around Darren more than usual and well, rumors has it that we’re dating.

 

Obviously that’s not the case but…yeahh…neither of us thinks it’s a very good idea to dwell onto that rumor because, well, just because.

 

So, I think my besties are going to talk to me about Darren…

 

For some weird reason, I feel really scared…

 

I don’t like the way Cyndi told me about it and I get the feeling that I’m right.

 

For once.

 

I don’t want to be right though! I want to be wrong (like all the other times I’ve been wrong before)!

 

But, I don’t know yet.

 

Thanksgiving is in two days and I’m excited because that means I get to hang around my friends more!

 

I’ve missed them!

 

Anyways, I have to go now.

 

Got heaps of pre-Thanksgiving homework due in the next few days…

 

I swear, what the hell is with teachers and homework?!

 

Aren’t they ever tired of making homework assignments and then wasting time to grade them?!

 

If I were a teacher I would only give one assignment every two weeks…I just don’t understand!

 

Anyways, byee!