The Beginning and Myth

L i f e

A/N: ive like ritten 24 chapters and im onto my 25th....funny how im only posting on chapter 1 now xDDD

><

enjoy the WHOLE chapter~<3

 

***

 

Have you ever heard about the myth in the ancient world?

 

The one where, apparently, if you write one hundred journal entries in a special book, your wishes will come true?

 

I didn’t think there was actually a journal where it could grant your wish after you pour your heart out to it.

 

So, when my history teacher was telling my class that, all I did was scoff and mouth to my best friend, Yeah right!

 

She nodded with a smile but she turned back to the teacher to listen to her eagerly.

 

I sighed.

 

My friends were all like that.

 

Superstitious.

 

I was willing to bet that if I told them, that the river outside my house was where the book was hidden, they would all race there and look for it day and night.

 

I shook my head with a sigh and turned to look out the window.

 

But then again, I thought to myself, that’s exactly the reason’s as to why they’re my best friends.

 

 

 

Winter was coming and I could feel the chill that was seeping through the cracks of the windows and towards me into the heated classroom.

 

I turned my attention back to the teacher as she began to state why this journal wishing book thingy was relevant to world history.

 

“…It is said that all the important people of the world, for example, Cleopatra or Alexander the Great had once had possession of this book and that is how they became important and how they became such a large part of our human history.”

 

I was really trying not to laugh by now.

 

I couldn’t believe that my teacher, my history teacher was really telling us stuff like this.

 

I felt like this was more a mythical class rather than a history class!

 

This wasn’t teaching! This was having high school kids dream and hope for the impossible!

 

So nothing is ever impossible.

 

I believe in that saying actually, but there will always be something that is impossible.

 

For example.

 

Living your whole 90 years or so of your life on the sun with no protection what so ever from the burning heat.

 

Is that possible?!

 

 

 

 

Right.

 

If anyone told me that that was possible, I was 100% sure that I was going to slap into them some common sense.

 

No matter whom it was, if anyone told me that that was possible, I was going to slap them.

 

Even my best of friends.

 

 

The bell rang, signalling the end of the day.

 

I packed up my things in a hurry and waited as my slowest best friend packed.

 

“Honey…will you please hurry up!” I said to her as sweetly as possible.

 

Jackie was always testing my patience.

 

“I’m sorry! God! You know I’m a slow packer!”

 

I sighed.

 

I always get her mad.

 

“I’m sorry okay?”

 

Jackie finished packing and hauled her bag onto her shoulders and then turned towards me.

 

“Let’s go then.”

 

I smiled.

 

Jackie was my best friend for a reason.

 

As I walked out of the school grounds with my best friend who was in every single one of my classes (no exceptions) I saw my other best friends leaning against my car casually that, of course, always some how managed to get a few backward glances from all the boys.

 

“What’s up you guys?” I said to them as I hugged them each individually.

 

“Should I guess what kept you?” Angel said to me with a playful smile while she causally draped her hand on Jackie’s shoulders.

 

Jackie smacked Angel playfully and everyone burst out laughing.

 

After awhile, my other best friend spoke.

 

“So you have to get home early today huh?”

 

I nodded as I turned towards Cyndi.

 

“Sorry you guys. Can’t hang out with you all today. Stupid family reunion! It’s all my cousin’s fault!”

 

“What are you talking about dude?! You have damn hot cousins! Be appreciative!” Angel stated and Jackie and Cyndi cracked up.

 

“You did NOT just say my cousin’s were hot!” I smacked her playfully and she gave me the innocent look.

 

I shook my head.

 

“You’re a helpless case!”

 

Angel gave me the look and instantly, I took a step back with my hands shaking in front of me.

 

“No. Way! Don’t even ASK! It’s SO not going to happen!”

 

“Please?”

 

I shook my head.

 

“Oh come on! I’m sure your family won’t mind if you bring a friend with you to relieve your boredom right?!” Angel tried to compromise but I wasn’t buying it.

 

“I’m not going to go to them “Oh! So I know that this reunion was going to be boring so I brought a friend along because I didn’t want to socialise with my family!”, “

 

Angel tried to in but I continued, unfinished.

 

“And plus! Even if you DO end up going there, you won’t be relieving me of boredom! You’ll make me even MORE bored by telling me how hot my cousin’s look and no offense or anything, but that just won’t go well with me! The fact that you even FANCY my cousin’s make me shudder!”

 

I shuddered obviously to prove my point.

 

Angel’s shoulder drooped and she knew she was defeated.

 

I was a state debate champion and Angel couldn’t even stand up in front of the class with a good persuasion speech.

 

She would and couldn’t ever win me in a word match.

 

The only way she could ever win me was with her stubbornness so I was glad that she wasn’t being too stubborn today!

 

“Anyways, let’s get in the car now! I should really get going…” I looked at my watch and ushered them in.

 

As I left the school campus, I peered into my review mirror and looked at my three best friends at the back.

 

(The front seat was the special place to put out bags so they didn’t need to go into the boot every time I picked them up and dropped them off.)

 

All my friends were so different from each other and it’s so funny to think, that after me coming to the states did these three finally meet.

 

Angel is the most popular girl in the school.

 

She has everything a girl wants (or nearly every girl!).

 

She has the curves, the bust, the hair, the eyes and the lips.

 

She’s also the cheerleading team captain.

 

So, when Angel got together with me, the newbie, or FOB aka fresh off the boat, the whole school became a riot.

 

And they got even worse when the nerdiest of nerds joined our group; Cyndi.

 

She has a beautiful name, I know.

 

But most people pity her for having such a pretty name but not a pretty face.

 

I knew different of course, seeing as I was once like her.

 

So, when I finally got to meet her, I befriended her easily with some class notes and the next day, I invited her to my house.

 

Angel came and we gave her a complete make over.

 

Of course, after that, she gained a new reputation.

 

The nerd with the looks and the name.

 

The last member of our small group was Jackie.

 

She’s also another migrant from overseas in England.

 

When I realised that she was in every one of my classes, I hit it off with her immediately.

 

We could seriously talk about anything and everything.

 

So, that’s how the four of us came together.

 

People from different groups and different parts of the world somehow came together after I moved to the states.

 

Even now, in our sophomore year, we still joked about how if I didn’t move to the states, the three of them wouldn’t even know of the existence of each other.

 

“Here you go Cyndi.” I said as I stopped by the front of her house.

 

“Thanks a bunch Chaeri!”

 

Yeap, my name is Chaeri.

 

I have a very unique name I know and I’m not Korean.

 

My parents just have this thing for “ae” and they both love to eat cherry’s.

 

Apparently, that was how they bonded.

 

It was also because of this random Korean drama my mum had been watching while I was still in her stomach…called My Lovely Sam Soon or something like that…

 

“No probz dude. Anytime. Cya tomorrow hon!”

 

Cyndi nodded and I saw Jackie and Angel wave.

 

When I finished dropping off Jackie and Angel (who tried to persuade me to take her to the reunion place again and failed) I drove all the way to Brooklyn where my Aunt lives.

 

As I stepped out of the car, I saw that everyone else was already there and the reunion was in full swing.

 

I checked my mirror and took out my make-up wipes and wiped off my make-up.

 

My foundation, blush, mascara and eyeliner came off.

 

I reapplied the eyeliner but that was it.

 

In retrospect, my skin was perfect.

 

Smooth and white.

 

I just liked to wear make up in general...or I liked wearing make-up sometimes.

 

At times I just really hated wearing make-up because it takes up so much time and effort.

 

I’m the laziest person on earth.

 

And plus, I didn’t really have to wear any.

 

I put a dab of lip gloss on my lips because I didn’t want my Aunt to comment on how I looked like a e again.

I walked out of the car, locking it behind me and slipping the keys into my pocket.

 

My high heels clicked against the gravel as I walked past a few cars, turned a corner and walked towards the reunion.

 

I hope it isn’t going to be boring, I prayed to myself.

 

Please.

 

***

 

A/N: i wrote this like a month before my cousins were coming back to where i am now...so i was wondering what kind of a reaction it will be xD so...yeahh ^^

 

subscribe and comment please~<3

 

@sthyme: i originally wanted the story to be 100 chapters + but i might make a part two...the whole story is gnna end when theres 100 journal entries...and im only on #10...xDDD

@everyone: thank you all so much for ur support >< hope i dont disappoint!!!