The Unexpected Gift

L i f e

sorry for the non-update xD

i haven't been riting a lot recently because my life outside the internet is an absolute MESS but since, i rote like 26 chapters i can update wifout feeling pressured xD

im sure u guys understand y ive ritten 26 now but only updated/created the story now ^^ like  my foreword said, i began this story in early NOVEMBER, last yr...LOL ^^ u guys should understand now~

 

anyways, enjoy this chapter while it lasts ^^

hopefully, i can rite another two chapters this weekend if my teachers don't continuing giving me homework = =

xxx

 

***

 

I walked towards the open garage door where my two uncles and my dad hang out, cooking and chatting at the same time.

 

“Oh! Here she is! I was starting to wonder where she was!” My dad said to me and hugged me.

 

“Hey dad.”

 

I turned to my uncles and said hello to them as well.

 

“Where’s Jake and Ben?”

 

My uncle (their dad) smiled and said,

 

“Inside. Getting interrogated.”

 

I burst out laughed the same time my uncles and my dad did.

 

“Then I shouldn’t interrupt them should I?”

 

Before I got an answer though, I heard a shout and I turned around to see my younger cousin run towards me.

 

I smiled.

 

“Chaeri!”

 

“William!”

 

I held out my hands and he ran into my arms into a tight hug.

 

I love my cousin.

 

I saw from the corner of my eye, the door open and out stepped my two (hot?) cousins.

 

I let go of William and walked up to them.

 

We developed a mutual rule that we don’t hug each other so I just said,

 

“What’s up guys?”

 

They both smiled at me and replied in unison.

 

“Not much.”

 

Jake looked at Ben and he nodded.

 

I cocked my eyebrow, waiting for an answer but none came.

 

“William! Let’s go! I should teach you some boy stuff!” Ben said to William and he ran off with our cousin.

 

Jake and I looked at each other.

 

“I want to…to…”

 

I waited for him to continue.

 

“Come up with me upstairs and I’ll explain.”

 

I shrugged and then followed him upstairs but when I past my family members, I said hi.

 

“Hey mum.”

 

“Hey Aunt June!”

 

“Hey Aunt Rose!”

 

“Hey Grandma!”

 

“Hey Grandpa!”

 

“What’s up Flo?” – younger sister.

 

When we reached Jake’s room, I followed him inside and waited for him to speak.

 

“So…that friend of yours…” Jake began as he rummaged through his unpacked yet opened suitcase.

 

I groaned.

 

“Don’t tell me you’re interested in her as well! I am seriously not going to- what’s this?”

 

I broke off my sentence as Jake handed me a medium large package.

 

“What’s this?” I repeated.

 

“I found it in an antique store when my friends and I were wandering and I thought it would suit you and you would like it.”

 

Jake shrugged his shoulder and I took it with a frown on my face.

 

I knew that the package was a book of some kind.

 

“Seriously…?” I asked after awhile.

 

“What?” Jake asked, confused.

 

“You bought me a present…? Seriously? And how long hav I known you for exactly?”

 

He pondered my question for a second and then he began to reach out for the package in my hand.

 

“If you don’t want it, I could always go and return it and get my money back. I just thought it would be something you like.”

 

I was touched.

 

I never actually thought that my cousins, especially Jake, would get me a present.

 

I moved the package out of his reach and I said with a smile,

 

“Thanks.”

 

He moved his hand back and then said,

 

“No problem.”

 

We stood there awkwardly for a second be I started,

 

“I’m going to put this in my car in case I forget it.”

 

“Yeah…” He touched the back of his head and I walked out.

 

***

 

The family reunion wasn’t actually as boring as I thought it would be actually.

 

It was pretty fun.

 

Soon though, it was time to go.

 

I did have school tomorrow so I dragged my sister out early, said good bye to my family, told my mum that we were going back and then walked out of the house.

 

My sister and I got into the car and we drove back home which was at Cheryl Hill.

 

The ride home was quiet seeing as I didn’t put the radio on and I wasn’t in the mood to speak, and I could tell my sister wasn’t either.

 

I was willing to bet that she had been interrogated with school enough from our parents that she didn’t need her older sister to do it also.

 

When we arrived home, I instantly went to get showered and then I jumped onto the bed with the package on my lap.

 

I stared at it for a second.

 

I didn’t really know what to expect.

 

A guy never really chooses good presents for girls.

 

Whether they were a family member or not.

 

Just as I was about to unwrap it however, my phone beeped.

 

Get on msn this v. min missy!

 

I smiled and replied back.

 

U wish dude…so damn tired tht it isn’t funny! I need my beauty sleep even if u don’t!

 

It beeped again a second later.

 

But I want the details! Plz? Wif a Chaeri on top?

 

I felt my eyes level out at that.

 

= = Dun u dare use my name in tht concept angel annie madeline renton! U noe I h8 people who do tht to my name!

 

I was getting pissed.

 

Okay okaaaaayyyyy…gawddd….im sorry okay? Sorrrrrrrriieeeeeeee~

 

I smiled.

 

>< I wnt go on msn but I can txt u the details? But seriously honey…im seeing u in less than 12 hrs…cant u wait…?? Seriously??? Im hella tired…u hav NO idea…please?

 

I yawned.

 

Do u rlly think tht im going to say yes to tht?

 

I smiled.

 

If you did then tht means that the world is coming to an end!

 

I waited.

 

= = tht isn’t fair…*sighs* fine…just tell me tomorrow thennn~

 

I stared at the text for a second.

 

Seriously?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

 

Yeahh….

 

I was really worried now.

 

OMG!!! Did something happen?! This isn’t the angel renton I noe!!! R u cheerleading captain?! Wats my name? how old are u? who was ur first crush?

 

It took awhile before Angel replied.

 

HEY!!! *pout* I just dun wanna force u if ur tired…I mean…im like tht to u too sometimes so I guess were even xDDD anyways~ go to sleep! If u ever get eyebags I wont forgive myself!

 

I laughed.

 

Ill just skip to the info then!!! ^^ jake gave ME a present (not YOU) BUT!!! U wuld b glad 2 noe tht he tlkd bout u xDDD I bet ur smiling like crazy now…and I cant believe im ACTUALLY telling u this = = BTW!!! U KNOW tht im TOTALLY against this rite? Seriously!!! I dun want my best friend and my COUSIN to D.A.T.E.!!! doesn’t feel rite 2 meeee!!! TT please dun let me go through the pain!

 

I peered at my clock and groaned.

 

It was 9.30pm and I had to sleep soon otherwise I would be dead tired tomorrow for my classes.

 

I got a text and I put the present by my bed and just set out to answer the text and then sleep.

 

NO. WAY!!! HE GAVE U A PRESENT?! OMG!!! WTH IS IT?!?! HAVE U OPENED IT YET?! (okay…gotta stop spzzing…xDDD it IS ur prezzie afta all ><) reaaaallllyyyyy?! He tlkd bout meeee?! Omggg~ progress~~~ xDDD I noe I noeeeeee~~~ and im totally sorry…but u noe…the thing called “love” is uncontrollable!!! Nothing can stop it xDDD not even besties/cuzins!!! Anyways~ I noticed tht its WAY past ur bed time (not rlly ><) so u shuld sleep!!! We’re DEFINITELY gnna continue this convo during scn class period!!! DON’T U DARE GO TO ME TOMORROW AND SAID THT U WERE LEADING ME ON OR U. R. D.E.A.D!!! xxx angel~<3

 

I smiled and I put down my phone.

 

I closed my bed side lamp and closed my eyes.

 

But, I couldn’t sleep.

 

I wanted and needed to know what that present was all about.

 

I wasn’t a very good person for keeping gifts unwrapped.

 

I opened my lamp.

 

“This is going to take no more than 2 minutes.”

 

I grabbed the package and unwrapped it in a hurry.

 

There, lying in the midst of all the wrappings was the most beautiful journal I ad ever seen.

 

It had floral patterns around it with a background of a beautiful field and in the middle read,

 

The Journey of Thoughts

 

 

A journey…what is that?

 

A journey is a way of life…

 

A place to travel to through the hardships of life.

 

Thoughts…what is that?

 

Thoughts are a pattern you follow daily…

 

A place to escape to when you’re tired of everything.

 

 

A journey of thoughts is a way of life in which you have to travel through with your thoughts and dreams…

 

Keep The Journey of Thoughts within you,

 

And life will light up.

 

 

I opened the book and the pages within looked worn out and old, as if they had been written in again and again.

 

But the paper itself was still in good quality.

 

Suddenly, I noticed that the pages were numbered.

 

“1 to…”

 

I flipped to the very back and stared at the number there.

 

“100…”