The Jake Explanation

L i f e

im starting to lose confidence in this story xD

seems like it's not as interesting i tho't it would be TT

maybe I should stop...?

Or maybe, i'll go onto another fanfiction website and post it there xD

I'm so lost at the moment...

 

Anyways, I've written up to chapter 28 now so this is why I'm updating...enjoy =)

xx

 

ps. please comment and subscribe ><

pps. the next chapter will be the first journal entry ^^ <3

 

***

 

I slept pretty peacefully that night after I unwrapped the present Jake had got me.

I had known him my whole life and this was the only time he had ever thought of getting a present.

I was really surprised and was really touched.

Jake and I weren’t exactly close as I was to Ben and yet Ben never thought of getting me a present.

 

The next day, when I had finally changed and packed my bag, I walked outside to find my sister already sitting there, eating breakfast.

Something was up.

I could tell.

“What’s up Flo?” I said, plonking down my bag on the chair next to her and going back into the kitchen to make a piece of toast for myself.

“Not much…”

I poured myself a glass of milk and then walked back towards the dining room, drinking my cold milk.

I sat down on the chair next to my bag and bored my eyes on her.

“You really expect me to believe that?” I said after awhile but didn’t get an answer.

“Seriously dude, what’s up? It’s not like you to be up so early in the morning.”

Flo still didn’t say anything.

The toaster went ding and I knew my toast was ready so I got up and took it out of the toaster.

As I began to smear peanut butter on it, Flo finally told me what was up.

“A guy asked me out.”

“And…?”

This wasn’t a big deal for me.

I’m in my sophomore year and I’ve been asked countless times but I’ve never actually said yes to anyone.

There was always something wrong with the people that asked me out.

But obviously, it was a big deal to my sister because, well, she is as inexperienced as a baby.

“I don’t know what to say.”

I walked over to her again and took a bite out of my bread before I said,

“When does he want an answer?”

“1st period.”

“Seriously? When did he ask?”

“He texted me last night just before I went to bed.”

“He TEXTED YOU?!” I stopped eating now and was staring at her.

Flo nodded.

“The then the answer is pretty obvious isn’t it?”

Flo just stared at me as if I was speaking gibberish.

“He TEXTED YOU!!!”

Flo still stared at me.

With an exasperated sigh, I stood up, hitched the bag onto my left shoulder and said to her,

“I’ll explain it in the car. Hurry up or we’re going to be late.”

I walked out.

***

I couldn’t believe how dense my sister was.

If a guy TEXTED her to ask her out, obviously it was either 1. He was doing a dare or 2. He didn’t think he was good enough for her which would make him insecure, therefore their relationship will ALWAYS end in tears.

My sister was hella oblivious.

“If you want a boyfriend so badly, I’ll introduce you to some freshman guy in my school. Seeing as you’re going to be coming into my school next year anyways, you could get a head start and meet people who are older than you so at least you’ll have someone to sit by when you move?”

Flo didn’t say anything.

Obviously, she was having trouble processing that a guy had asked her out for the two reasons above.

She was innocent and I’m really protective of her because of that.

But I want her to be in a relationship.

“Flo? Seriously, don’t worry about it okay? Just say a straight no and walk away but if he means what he says, he’ll asked you out face to face. If he does, well, then you can say yes and I won’t mind. Anyways, you can always say yes to him. It IS your love life, I’m just giving you suggestions which you don’t have to listen to.”

I was blabbering.

I stopped my car a block away from her school and turned around to face her.

“Flo, just do what you want to do. I’m only giving you advice. You can say yes or you can say no. It’s your life, live it the way you want to. See you at home!”

Flo didn’t say anything as she got out of the car.

I sighed as I saw her walk away in the review mirror.

“She’s too innocent…”

***

“CHAERI!!!”

I stopped dead and screwed my eyes shut, waiting for the impact Angel was going to give me.

“5…4…3…2…1…”

BAM!

I whipped around.

“Angel! Why can’t you make a normal entrance like every body else?!”

She looked at me as if I was suggesting her to jump off a bridge.

I shook my head, a smile playing at my lips.

“Nevermind. Normal isn’t a good word to use to describe you anyways.”

She laughed and nodded.

“So, you going to tell me now?”

***

During the whole science [chemistry] class, I got no work done what so ever.

Every time I was just about to start writing or taking notes, Angel would bombard me another question about Jake.

“Seriously honey! Can’t you just be quiet for a second so I can at least get some notes down for the day?! She’s going to have a book check soon you know! I need to stay focused!”

She rolled her eyes at me but she stopped asking me questions.

For awhile at least.

Right as the bell rang, she handed me two pieces of paper with her perfect writing on them and a line empty in between.

I stared at it for a second before I looked up to ask her what it was for.

“Answer the questions about Jake and I’ll let you go.”

I looked back down at the pieces of paper.

For a second I didn’t say anything until I saw a question.

What type of undergarments does he wear?

I pushed the papers back to her as I was just about to enter my next class.

“Hell no. I am NOT answering these questions!”

She pouted but I shook my head.

“N.O means No.”

I walked into my class room, praying that the rest of day will pass by with me in peace.

But, obviously, as the bell rang, Angel didn’t want to give me any peace for the rest of the day.

By lunch time, Angel had made me [somehow] answer all her questions.

Except for the ones I had no clue of.

Including the undergarment wearing question.

“I’m asking him out today.”

I choked on my apple and Jackie patted me on my back, looking worried.

When I had swallowed down half a bottle of water I stared at Angel incredulously.

“That is NOT going to happen dude! You know how against I am for you and my cousin to be…dating,” I said that word with a cringe.

“I don’t want it to happen! I made it clear to you since-“

Angel waved my comments away with a few hand gestured.

I sighed.

I was wasting my breath and I knew it.

Once Angel decided something, the only time you could change her mind is if the earth bombed up.

Meaning, it’s impossible to change Angel’s mind on anything.

“What ever. I’m telling you though Angel, if Jake breaks your heart, don’t expect me to do anything about it.”

Angel smiled mysteriously.

Jackie, Cyndi and I looked at each other.

We all knew what she was thinking.

Angel had never had a guy break up with her before.

She was always the one doing the breaking up.

I shook my head and continued eating my half bitten apple.

Life was going to get interesting.

***

The day ended with no more drama [Thank God for that] and the first thing I did when I went home was check my email and go on Facebook.

Once done, I began to take out my homework that was due tomorrow and began to work on it.

But then, I stopped.

I turned around and looked at the journal under the lamp by my table.

I suddenly felt self conscious of the pen in my hand and I got up, picked out my new journal, flipped open the cover and began to write.

My first journal entry.