09 // caught

►►running after you

 

"...SunMi?"
"Mm..?" The sleeping girl stirred before cuddling closer to the warmth beside her.
"SunMi, open your eyes and don't panic."
 
She huffs, but does as she's told. Her eyes open slowly, "...This isn't my room..." She sits up, now fully realizing the voice she heard had been male. She feels a hand fix the drooping strap of her dress and looks to see Sungyeol laying beside her.
 
He smiles reassuringly, "You were hammered out of your mind last night. Our managers helped sneak you guys in."
 
SunMi pouts, "Wait. You guys? So Jieun..."
"Is somewhere in the dorm. Don't worry."
"Good..." She suddenly holds her arms over her chest, "Why am I in your bed?"
He blinks, "Actually, this is Myunggie's bed."
She smacks his arm, "NOT WHAT I MEANT."
 
He groans and rubs the area that was now sore, "Yeesh, I get it. But I didn't do anything weird, I promise." 
SunMi rubs her temples as she tries to remember the night before.
 
//yesterday, 8 a.m.\\
 
You sigh as SunMi excitedly pranced around the room. The president of your broadcasting company was having a huge birthday bash and as an employee showing massive promise, the producer in charge of you strongly suggested you go.
And as you were already a nervous wreck on your own, you asked SunMi to come with you.
 
You hadn't realized she'd be THIS excited by the whole thing. 
 
SunMi bounced up and down, "Let me dress you up~ Please??~"
You could only give in to her pathetic pleas.
 
//yesterday, 7 p.m.\\
 
"SunMi... I don't feel right..."
"That's what you said last time and you ended up looking gorgeous."
"I... I guess." You emerge from the shared bathroom in a bright yellow cocktail dress. The hem stopped just above your knees, the yellow material poofing out nicely at the bottom, yet fitting your curves just above your hips, finishing into an empire waist, where a strapless bust waited.
 
SunMi grins, and starts to twirl you around, "I've got sunshine ~ on a cloudy day ~"
You laugh and push her a bit, "Go get changed."
 
And half an hour later, the two of you were entering the home of the CEO of your broadcasting company. 
SunMi snorted, "Home? I could fit thirty of our apartments into this place."
You cover your mouth to keep from laughing.
 
SunMi sighs, obviously bored while you attempt to make social ties with the higher ups. She bows politely to you and the group you were currently occupying to escape to the refreshments.
 
There was a boy with a shaven head reluctantly taking shots and SunMi wrinkles her nose, "Why are you taking shots if you dont like it?"
He grins, "Drinking game, duh." He points to a group of boys gathered in a corner, laughing to themselves after indulging in alcohol, "See... We're not big on the party scene. We're here to save face because we've been in so much trouble lately."
 
SunMi frowns, "Poor things...."
"Nahh. We do okay. Wanna join in? It's pretty fun."
"Mm... Sure. Why not?"
 
You glance over your shoulder, looking for SunMi and sigh in frustration as you watch her take a shot. You loved that girl, you really did, but she should realize her own low tolerance for liquor.
 
You smile and bow politely, excusing yourself from the conversation. As you move to get her out of that situation, you realize someone else is already getting her to her feet.
You squint your eyes, "...Sungyeol?"
And that's when you realize most of Infinite are helping your poor drunken friend up.
 
Your vision is blocked by sudden darkness and a voice whispers low into your ear, "Guess who~"
 
You frown at the unfamiliar voice, "I... Dong..." No, the voice couldn't be Dongwoo's. The hands let go and you turn to face Sunggyu's pouting face.
 
"You don't remember me?"
You laugh awkwardly, "S-sunggyu. Of course I remember you." His famous eyesmile returns and you back up a bit, "I haven't seen you in quite some time. Sorry I didn't recognize your voice."
 
He holds up his hands, "Nahh, it's been a few weeks. I can't expect you to remember my voice." He grins, "If I had your number, though... I could call you all of the time and there's no way you could forget my voice."
 
You laugh awkwardly, "I guess..."
His grin widens, "I can really have your number?!"
"Sure... But... I don't understand why... why you would want my number..." 
"Because it’d be like having the perfect girl on speed dial."
You choke in what you're drinking, "W-what??"
He almost answers, but Myungsoo interrupts loudly, "Yah, Gyu! Jieun! Help us get SunMi out of here."
 
Sunggyu blinks, "How does he know your name?" 
You panic and pretend not to hear him as you run to help your now passed out best friend to a vehicle. You frown as Sunggyu insists on sitting beside you, and it’s then you realize Dongwoo isn’t there among the members. You furrow your eyebrows and glance around, making sure you didn’t miss him. Weird, Woohyun was missing too.
Sungjong notices, and elbows Hoya, motioning for him to play along, “Too bad Dongwoo didn’t feel like leaving the house tonight.”
“Yeah... Poor kid hasn’t been sleeping. Maybe he fell asleep while we were gone.”
The maknae smacks his friend’s arm, whispering harshly, “That’s not going to make anyone feel better.”
“OH, is THAT what we were doing?!”
The younger boy rolled his eyes and looks back at you apologetically. You smile in understanding, appreciating that it was meant to make you feel better.
 
Sunggyu touches your arm, making you look at him. His eyes are boring a hole into your own, “What’s going on? Why does everyone know you?”
You bite down on your lip, “It’s a long story.”
“I have time.”
“Well...” You look at Sungjong, whose eyes were wide. That wasn’t helping any. SunMi stirs beside you and you sigh in relief. Saved by the drunken best friend. You move her bangs from her face, “Mi... Are you alright?”
 
She whimpers a bit, “Tummy...”
“I know, I know...” You look at Sungyeol, “Where are we going right now?”
“Unfortunately, it wouldn’t be safe for us to take you home right now. Fangirls are crazy, you don’t even know.” He looks down at SunMi, a crease forming in his forehead, “We’re going to take you to our dorm and let you leave the back way once she’s able to move on her own again.”
 
You smile a bit at his concern for her, but decide against saying anything. Meanwhile, Sunggyu is pouting beside you thanks to having been ignored twice. You could sense his anger in a way, but didn’t want to step on any more of his toes.
 
Once the group had made their way into the building and through the door that led into Infinite’s dorm, you somehow managed to loose track of SunMi. Actually, it seemed as though everyone aside from Sunggyu had disappeared from your line of sight.
 
The leader takes your hand and guides you inside, as he was assuming you were just unsure about how to enter a male’s home, “Leave your shoes there.”
 
You do as instructed, and he pulls you into a kitchen area, “If you get thirsty tonight, don’t hesitate to go through the fridge here, alright? Ah! Where are you sleeping?! You should sleep in my bed tonight.”
“I don’t think...”
He blushes, “I-I didn’t mean like we share a bed... I’d sleep on the couch, of course. Us sleeping in the same bed would be...” He laughs to himself, “But yeah. Woohyun can sleep in a different room. You’re free to sleep in our room.”
 
“W-Woohyun?”
He assumes your nervousness was from when the boy had hit on you during the interview filming, “Don’t worry about him.” He winks, “I’ll protect you.”
“Oh...”
 
He pulls you along once again, talking animatedly about you spending the night and you pause as you hear a familiar voice exiting one of several closed doors, “What’s going on? Why’s everyone so... oh... it’s you...”
 
You frown as you notice his eyes flicker to where Sunggyu is gripping your hand tightly. You pull away with a quick jerk of your wrist, “Dongwoo...”
He grins, and you can tell it’s forced, “You two make a cute couple.”
 
Sunggyu wraps an arm around your shoulder, grinning widely, “You think so?”
“Haha! Yeah!” As he’s about to leave the area, you push Sunggyu off and bow in apology before gripping Dongwoo’s forearm, “We need to talk.”
“I don’t have anything to say.”
“Well I do!”
“I don’t want to hear it right now.”
“Dongwoo, please-”
 
“What’s this feeling?” Sunggyu tears your attention for just a moment, “I... Are you two... Is there something I should know?”
Dongwoo laughs, “No! We’re just friends. I promise.”
“Even so... How do you two even know each other?”
Dongwoo pulls away from your grip, “It’s a long story...”
 
Sunggyu’s forehead is wrinkled in his obvious confusion, “Fine. Tell me anyway.”
You sigh and rub the back of your neck, “I ran into him while I was running when I first moved to the neighborhood. We just kind of clicked.”
Sunggyu’s confusion quickly faded to what one would assume was happiness, “You live in this neighborhood?”
“Yeah.. Just like a block or two down.”
 
Dongwoo rolls his eyes, “What are you doing in this dorm, anyway?”
“Oh!” Sunggyu speaks up this time, “Her friend passed out from over consumption.”
He blinks, “SunMi? Is she alright?”
You nod, “She’s just asleep. She’ll have a killer hangover in the morning, but yeah. She’s okay.”
 
You look to the older boy after a while, “Dongwoo, please let me talk with you for just a minute, I-”
“Well, well, well~ What’s Jieun doing here?”
Sunggyu’s bottom lip pokes out in a pout as Woohyun enters the scene, “Her friend passed out, and we couldn’t take them home without being reprimanded.”
 
Woohyun looks to Dongwoo, who looks away as soon as they make eye contact. He walks into his room and locks the door. You sigh and knock, “Dongwoo...”
There’s no answer.
Woohyun smiles and pats your head, “He’s been in a weird mood for a while, now.”
“I wonder why,” you mutter under your breath.
“I’m sure Sunggyu has some clothes you can borrow to sleep in. Why don’t you lay down for now?”
 
You begrudgingly agree and walk behind Sunggyu, who leads you into his own room.
 
---
 
As you walk from the bathroom in his overly baggy, long-sleeved shirt and a pair of sweat pants equally too large for you, Sunggyu stands from his sitting position with a large smile, “Here, you sleep on my bed.”
 
You smile and shake your head, “I’m a guest, and I’m also younger. I’m just going to sleep on the couch.” He protests until you lay on the couch and cover up. After a few minutes you hear him leave the room, and that’s when you let all of your feelings catch up with you. You cry silently to yourself as you drift into sleep.
 
---
 
SunMi frowns at Sungyeol, “I need caffeine.”
“COFFEE?” His face brightens.
“What? Ew, no. I don’t drink coffee. Do you have soda?”
He looks defeated, “Yeah... We have soda...” He stands, “Don’t leave this bed, though. If you move and wake Myungsoo up, we’ll have problems. He is NOT a morning person.”
“Where’s he at?”
Sungyeol motions to the other side of her and she blinks, “Did we three all sleep in the same bed?”
“He was worried about you sleeping in the top bunk, and you wouldn’t let go of me. So yeah, we all slept in his bed.”
 
She feels an arm pulling her back to lay down as Myungsoo mumbles something about unicorns in his sleep. SunMi can’t help but chuckle, and lays back so as not to make him stir.
 
---
 
You wake up with a note in your hand. You blink at the unfamiliar handwriting and open it up.
 
‘Jieun - 
Please don’t take any actions of mine to heart.
We’ll talk soon, I promise, but until 
then, just let me be distant.’
 
You sigh and close the note, holding it close to yourself. You hated that you knew exactly what was going on and you so badly wanted to tell Dongwoo it was okay and you weren’t mad. You sit up and stretch, looking around. It must have been fairly early. Granted, you had always been an early riser, but seeing as there wasn’t a sound in the dorm, you took this as your hint to go pee before someone got up and made you feel uncomfortable.
 
You get comfortable on the porcelain seat and sigh deeply.
All was well until the door opened. Dongwoo stared at you with wide eyes. You were a bit slower to react. You yawned, looked to him, and looked back at your feet, your lips tiredly. After about a minute, it hit you. You cover yourself and screech, “OUTOUTOUT. GET OUT.”
He shuts the door quickly, face red.
 
You groan. This was NOT the way you wanted to start your morning.


and therre you have it. :3 idk where half of this chapter came from xDD