07 // good dog

►►running after you

 

You look anywhere but at Dongwoo, curious if he can hear the loud thumping of your heart in your chest. After a while, your eyes trail their way up the older boy. You wanted to lie to yourself, but Dongwoo was looking extremely attractive in his semi-formal get up.
 
He was looking off to the side also, eyes flickering in panic at the situation. It made your heart swell thinking that he was just as apprehensive looking at you as you were at him. 
 
After a few minutes of silence, he clears his throat, “So... Sorry about last night...”
You look at your hands, “No, no. I wasn’t thinking straight. I should know better. We’ve only known each other for a few days. I’m so stupid.”
He frowns, “No, you are not stupid.” He holds his hand up briefly like he wants to comfort you, but quickly moves it back to his side, “Jieun... I’m sorry...”
You feel the tears forming, but they’re already falling before you can stop yourself. How could he say you weren’t stupid? Of course you were. Stupid for letting SunMi convince you that he liked you. Stupid for thinking you liked him. You choke on a sob, and refuse to look at him even though you know he’s staring at you. 
 
He, in all honesty, wants nothing more than to run over and comfort you. Telling you anything to keep you happy and confessing everything. But he can’t. He was too afraid of the consequence.
 
-earlier-
 
Woohyun stretched lazily beside Dongwoo as the rest of the members got ready for their schedules for the day. He smirks, “You do realize that if you don’t want me to tell anyone about her, you’re going to have to keep me knowing a secret too, right?”
 
Dongwoo stares at him for a moment, but nods.
 
The younger of the two chuckles and ruffles Dongwoo’s hair, “Good boy. I think I could use a loyal puppy slave. What do you think?” He pets the older’s hair affectionately, “And in return, no one will ever know~ But I don’t want to see you with her, I don’t want to see you attempting to contact her, and I don’t want you trying to contact her through other people.”
 
Dongwoo frowns, looking down, “A-Alright.”
“Good boy.”
 
//
 
You wipe your eyes with the ends of your sleeve before running to the door. You slam your hands on it, “SunMi! Sungyeol! One of you let me out!” Tears began flowing freely once more and you pound harder onto the door. You growl in frustration, assuming that SunMi is ignoring your pleads. You look to Dongwoo and squint, “Make them unlock the door.”
 
“What do you want me to do?”
“I don’t know.” You narrow your eyes, “Play along.”
“...What?”
 
You let out an ear-piercing scream and fall to the ground, writhing in pain. Dongwoo panics and rushes over, hands hesitating to handle you, “Jieun! Jieun, talk to me! Where does it hurt?”
You continue to scream and sob, holding your stomach pathetically. Dongwoo bangs on the door, “Someone unlock this door! Help!”
 
SunMi throws open the door, hysterical, “Jieun! Oh my god, what happened?!”
 
You sit up shakily with the help of Dongwoo, and once fully sitting up, you shove the male and stand up. You brush your dress off and look at SunMi, tears still flowing, “Don’t you EVER do this to me again.” 
And with that, you exit the room, four pairs of eyes following you in shock.
 
SunMi looks to Dongwoo, “What the hell happened?!”
Dongwoo looks to the ground, “I... I can’t tell anyone anything right now. She didn’t understand...”
“I don’t understand either.” SunMi shoves the boy slightly, “Your reasons had better be amazing, because that girl is heartbroken. I will end you if this doesn’t end well, do you hear me?”
 
Sungyeol grips SunMi’s shoulders, helping her up and towards where Myungsoo was standing, “Let’s get you out of here.”
SunMi begins bawling, “Jieun’s so mad at me. I don’t know what to do...”
Sungyeol pats her head and begins leading her out of the club.
 
Myungsoo squats beside Dongwoo, arms resting on his knees, “You look so... defeated...”
Dongwoo doesn’t respond and continues to stare at the empty doorway.
The visual sighs and pushes at him, “Come on, get up. This will be all fixed eventually.” He tugs at his arm until Dongwoo stands, and assists the older boy out despite him being unresponsive. The next few days were going to be difficult.