04 // awkward dinner?

►►running after you

 

SunMi points, eyes wide, “Myungsoo... Hoya... Oh my god, Jieun.” She turns to you and speaks in a harsh whisper, “Oh my god, Jieun. Infinite.”
“Infi-?”
“THE GROUP, JIEUN. THE GROUP.”
“The group... InfiniiiiOH MY GOD, SUNMI.”
 
She grips your shoulders, “CALM DOWN. We can’t mess this up. You hear me?”
 
You look to the boys, the third one is already working on getting his extra clothing off. Once finished, he spins in place and salutes the two of you, “Yo! I’m Sungyeol.”
 
SunMi laughs uncomfortably and walks back to her room. Sungyeol frowns once the click of the door can be heard, “Did I do something wrong?”
 
You smile reassuringly, “No, no! She’s a really big fan of Infinite.” You come a bit closer and whisper, “Your her favorite member. Don’t tell her I said that, she’d kill me.”
 
Dongwoo has finished stripping down to his normal clothes as you whisper and flashes you his signature grin, “Are you a fan too?”
Your cheeks turn a bit red, “Well... Not as much as SunMi, but she tends to get me into things really quickly. So I am a fan.”
 
He looks pleased with that answer and ruffles your hair before leaning forward so he was on eye level with you, “Who’s your favorite member, then?”
“S-Sunggyu.”
 
He looks defeated for a split second, but quickly puts a grin back on his face, “WELL THEN. LET’S EAT.”
 
You had completely forgotten about the food. You watch as they make their way to the kitchen area and make themselves plates before sitting at your table which, luckily, is big enough for six people. Dongwoo grips your wrist and makes you sit down beside Myungsoo and across from Hoya, who was beside Sungyeol, leaving only the ends open for seating.
 
You frown and look up at the grinning boy, “I haven’t gotten food yet...”
His grin widens, “I’m getting your plate for you. Just stay put.”
“I should get you guys drinks, though...” You trail off seeing they already have water bottles, but look up to protest to Dongwoo once again. However, he’s already back in the kitchen.
He sits beside you and places one of the two plates he had gotten in front of you. He had given you exactly what he had given himself and you can’t help but smile a bit at the cuteness of the whole thing.
 
Sungyeol breaks your concentration, “Where’s your friend? Was she really that freaked out?”
You shift in your seat a bit, “Mm... She’s not usually so nervous. She should come out any se- speak of the devil.”
 
SunMi had shyly gotten a plate and situated herself on the other end of the table between Myungsoo and Sungyeol. You blink at her odd behaviour, but shake your head and begin eating.
Sungyeol points his chopsticks at her plate, “You didn’t get very much.”
 
“I’m not very hungr-What are you doing?”
Sungyeol had scraped his plate off onto hers, mouth still full as he spoke, “You’re very thin. Not eating isn’t good for you. I know you’re a fan of ours and don’t want to seem like a pig, but I don’t like when my fans starve themselves. Eat.” He stands and moves to put more food onto his plate.
 
SunMi looks to you with wide eyes and you chuckle.
 
Dinner was pretty silent after that sans the sound of chopsticks on plastic plates. And the silence continued until Myungsoo had gotten up to get more food and ended up on the floor face first.
 
The boys and SunMi laughed loudly. You had laughed quietly, but got up to help him clean up the small mess. He was a bit red in the face, “Sorry. Gravity doesn’t agree with me.”
 
You pat his head affectionately, “It was cute. No worries.”
He turns a darker shade of red and hurries to get up, and you can see Dongwoo pouting out of the corner of your eye. Once the two of you return to your seats,  the meal continues. Only this time, everyone is more willing to speak.
 
Hoya is the first to finish eating. He sits back a bit and smiles, “So... you girls know not to tell anyone about us, right?”
You laugh, “Of course. Who would we tell anyway? It’s not like we know anyone in Korea.”
 
Dongwoo grins, “Yet. But I trust you. You know if someone found out, we wouldn’t be able to run together in the mornings.”
You feel the light blush creeping up your cheeks and nod, “I don’t want that...”
 
Sungyeol stands abruptly, shouting while pointing at you, “WHAT IS THIS FEELING?!”
You look up with wide eyes and Dongwoo just laughs and pets your arm, “Don’t scare her away, please.”
 
Sungyeol flares his nostrals, “KITCHEN. NOW.” He points to Hoya, “YOU TOO. YOU-” He points at Myungsoo, “DO... WHATEVER IT WAS YOU WERE DOING.”
 
You pout at their retreating backs and SunMi pipes up, “Should we eavesdrop?”
Myungsoo chuckles, “Normally, I’d be the one to suggest that. But, we better not.” He stands, “Have any games?”
 
Your eyes light up, a glint of competitiveness showing, “What kind?”
SunMi slaps a hand to her face and groans. This wasn’t going to end well.
 
---
 
Sungyeol pokes Dongwoo’s chest accusingly, “What are you thinking? First off, you said we were going to a friend’s house. You never specified gender. OR that you had only met her yesterday.”
Dongwoo holds up his hands, “I wasn’t thinking, sorry.”
 
Hoya crosses his arms, “We could get into a ton of trouble being here. Especially since they’re girls. You should know that better than anyone.”
 
Dongwoo’s smile fades and he looks at the ground, kicking it a bit, “I just wanted to see her...”
Sungyeol’s angry stance faulters, “Woo... You only met her yesterday. How can you be that desperate to see her already?”
 
He puffs out his cheeks, “I dunno. I can’t help it...”
Hoya rubs his temples, “They’re nice people, but you know this isn’t going to last long, right?”
“Huh?”
“You’re a member of a famous idol group and she’s a fan.”
“She’s Sunggyu’s fan, though-”
Sungyeol interrupted this time, “How do you know she isn’t just using you to get to him, then?”
“Because I met her in full disguise! She wanted to see me again this morning, and she didn’t even know what I looked like... That means something, right?”
“How do you know she won’t use you now?”
“I don’t... but... I trust her...” Dongwoo looks up at the two, who have both softened, “Please don’t tell the others about her yet...”
 
Hoya chuckles a bit and rubs the back of his neck, “I guess that explains why you were so anxious getting ready...”
Sungyeol grins, “Yeah! I thought he was really going crazy!”
 
“YEAH! TAKE THAT, LOSER!”
 
The three in the kitchen jumped at the loud yell, and Sungyeol was the first to recover. He moves around the corner and pauses before bursting into laughter.
Myungsoo is on his knees in the punishment position while you have your fingers ready for dakkbam. 
 
You look up curiously at the loud laughter and blush, moving your hand away. Myungsoo looks relieved, but SunMi kicks your thigh, “Don’t back down now! He lost and this is his punishment!”
 
You nod and wince a bit before letting him have it. 
 
He in his breath and doubles over while SunMi huffs, “You went easy on him.”
Myungsoo looks up with wide eyes, his forehead a bright red, “THAT WAS GOING EASY ON ME?”
 
SunMi nods and pats your head, “My best friend is the queen of dakkbam.”
You smile at the nickname and stand up, looking to the three boys making their way into the room.
 
Sungyeol is pointing at Myungsoo and laughing like a crazy person, Hoya has a smirk on his face, but seems indifferent to the whole situation and Dongwoo is rubbing his forehead and looking at you curiously.
He smiles when he sees you looking at him and moves forward, gripping your arm, “Let’s talk for a minute.” He pulls you into the kitchen and you can hear Sungyeol and SunMi giving catcalls before you turn the corner.
 
Dongwoo lets out a breath, “I’m sorry I didn’t let you see me from the beginning.”
You laugh and hold up your hands, “No, no! It all makes sense now. But I wasn’t upset at all, to be honest.”
He smiles and moves his grip from your arm to your wrist, “Jieun...” He lets go of your wrist and forces you to look at him. Your eyes widen as his face comes closer and then you close them as soon as his lips make contact with your forehead. 
 
He backs away, a faint pink color dusting his cheeks, “Jieun, I-” His phone begins vibrating in his pocket. He frowns at the caller ID, but answers regardless, “Yo, Gyu.”
There’s an angry voice at the other end. After a while he chuckles, “Understood. We’ll be home as soon as we help clean up the mess we made at our friend’s house. Yep. Bye.”
 
He sighs, “That was Sunggyu. He says we have an early schedule tomorrow and he doesn’t want us tired.”
 
You smile, “Don’t worry about helping to clean up. We can handle that. You guys should go ahead and get going.”
He frowns, “Are you sure?”
“Yup. I’m guessing this means we won’t be running together tomorrow, though.”
He shakes his head slowly and you laugh, “It’s fine, I promise. I have work pretty early tomorrow anyway too. We’ll run together over the weekend, okay?”
He grins and nods at the idea, “Okay!”
 
The two of you exit the kitchen only to witness SunMi being pushed into Sungyeol by a playful Hoya. He and Myungsoo were laughing, but SunMi looked flustered.
Sungyeol helps SunMi back up and flashes her a grin, “Do I make you that light on your feet?” She chokes on her words and he laughs, pinching her cheeks, “My fan is so cute!”
 
Hoya clears his throat as Dongwoo enters the area with you trailing behind. Sungyeol lets go of SunMi, who quickly sits down, only to be joined by Myungsoo, who comically sits on her lap with his trademark poker face.
 
Dongwoo laughs at the scene for a while before shaking his head, “Leader has spoken, we need to get back to the dorm.”
 
Sungyeol pouts, “Awww...”
Myungsoo nods, “We should have you guys at our dorm next time.”
Hoya laughs loudly at the idea, “They’ll be eaten alive by fangirls. If you came you'd have to be in some pretty awesome costumes!”
 
You and SunMi exchange smiles and nods and you speak up, “You’re all welcome here anytime you want. So never hesitate to come visit.”
 
---
 
The four boys are all back in their disguises and are one by one exiting the door.
 
Dongwoo pauses and looks to you for a moment. He walks back over and pulls you into a tight hug, “Thank you for having us tonight. Seeing you made me really happy.”
 
You blush at his words and watch as he leaves before shutting the door.
 
SunMi leans on your shoulder, “Giiirl. You’ve got it bad.” She pats your head, “I’m going to bed. See you tomorrow.” And with that, she leaves you to your thoughts.
 
You touch your forehead where his lips had been earlier and whisper to yourself, “Bad? No way...” You bite your bottom lip, “Well... maybe a little...” You smile a bit and turn on your heel. There was a mess in the kitchen area, but you’d get to it tomorrow. At the moment, you just wanted to sleep and let the events from earlier sink in.