10 // morning coffee

►►running after you

 

Sungyeol sipped on his cup of coffee with a light smile as he remembered the night before.
 
---
 
SunMi was gripping onto him desperately in her drunken state, a lopsided smile gracing her otherwise pretty face. She giggled cutely and leaned in to speak into Sungyeol's ear, "Oppa~ What would you do if I said I wanted to kiss you right now?"
Sungyeol swallows nervously, nearly dropping her as he takes her to the nearest bedroom. Oddly enough, that bedroom happened to be the one he had shared with Myungsoo.
 
SunMi made a frustrated noise, "Oppa~! I've wanted to kiss you for so long ~ Why won't you answer me?"
Sungyeol struggles as she throws her body to the side, "I-I can't kiss you right now..."
She wailed, taking Sungyeol to the floor with her, "Am I that ugly?"
"...Y-you're not ugly at all... MYUNGSOO!"
 
His best friend walked through the door and almost instantly helped gather the intoxicated girl from the floor, "Why didn't you ask for help in the first place?"
They manage to get her onto the bed, but she still has a strong grip on Sungyeol, who ends up cuddled beside her as her eyes begin to droop.
 
Sungyeol sighs in defeat and just plays with her hair, "I didn't realize putting her to bed would be so much work..."
Myungsoo chuckles, "You really like her..." 
 
The choding shushes his friend, but before Myungsoo can get away, SunMi is gripping the material of his shirt desperately, "Don't leave..."
"..." The younger of the two boys climbed into his bed on her other side, "Just sleep."
 
---
 
Sungyeol choked on his coffee as a loud scream filled the area. He put his cup down quickly and ran into the next room in time to watch Dongwoo slamming the bathroom door, face beet red.
“....You okay there?”
The rapper whimpered, “She was... and I just... I can’t...”
“...Girls don’t know how to lock doors, Dongwoo. Why didn’t you knock?”
“I DIDN’T KNOW.” The boy covered his face and quickly scampered into the nearest bedroom.
 
Sungyeol sighed and shook his head before moving back into the kitchen and grabbing a soda among the bottles that littered the inside of the fridge.
He made his way back into the room only to find Myungsoo cuddled against SunMi’s back, clutching her tightly. SunMi frowns up at him, “He keeps muttering things about unicorns and bamboo pillows.”
Sungyeol loosens his grip on the soda and smiles a bit, “Ahh. He thinks you’re his bamboo pillow.”
 
“I don’t care if he thinks I’m meat on a stick. Get him off. I HAVE A HEADACHE.”
Sungyeol laughs and sets the drinks in his hands down before climbing into the bed and embracing Myungsoo, whispering lowly into his ear, “Yaaah~ SunMi isn’t your pillow. Get up.”
 
Myungsoo’s eyes fluttered open slowly at the words, “Hmm?”
“...You’re clutching onto SunMi like a crazy person right now.”
His eyes went wide and he let go, throwing himself off of the bed and exiting the room without another word.
 
SunMi turns over in the bed so that she’s facing Sungyeol, but doesn’t realize how close they were until she had actually fully turned around. He smiles a bit, “How’s your head?”
She pouts a bit, “It hurts.”
He looks to the door briefly before leaning in and planting a kiss on her forehead, getting up as quickly as it happened, “I left some soda for you on the nightstand. Don’t feel like you have to leave in a hurry, okay?”
 
And with that he exits the room, leaving the brunette staring blankly at the air.
 
---
 
You finish your business and exit the bathroom, your face red. You look around to try and find Dongwoo, but your eyes met with Woohyun’s. He stood from the couch and came forward, looking you up and down, “So. Dongwoo or Sunggyu?”
 
“I don’t think I understand...”
“Don’t play dumb. I know better.” He grips your face and turns it side to side, “Gyu likes you, you know. But Dongwoo likes you too. Did you know any of that?”
You face turns red, “N-No... It’s not fair to assume things about people....”
“Mm... But you must have at least  had a HINT of a clue, right?”
You pull away from his grip, “Why are you asking me these questions?”
 
“....Do you really not know?”
You almost answer, but Sungyeol strolls into the room with a small smile on his face, “Yo.”
 
You walk around Woohyun, “Where’s SunMi? We need to get home.”
“She’s getting around.” He points his thumb in the direction he had just come from, “She should be up in a few minutes. But why leave so soon? Stay for breakfast!”
 
You frown and chance looking at Woohyun, who is smirking, “Mm... That’s alright. We need to go before your hoard of fangirls gets any bigger.”
Sungyeol pouts, “Awww. You sure?”
“Yeah.” You walk to the bedroom SunMi was located in. She was staring off into space. Your frown deepens as you poke at her, “Yah. SunMi. Get up and get moving. We have to go.”
 
She looks at you slowly, “Huh?”
“Time to leave. Are you still drunk?” You laugh a bit at her confused expression.
She gets up quickly and stretches, “I think I was just having a dream. There’s no way... Well...” She looks at you shyly, “Anyway. Let’s go.”
You smile and don’t question her behaviour, “Okay.”
“Did you talk to Dongwoo?”
Your heart drops in your chest at the mention of his name, “N-no.”
 
She sighs, obviously frustrated, “I’m not leaving until you speak with him.”
“SunMi... I kind of spoke with him... a little.”
“Jieun.” Her voice deepened with a tone full of authority, “Go find him and have a half normal conversation with him right now.”
“But Woohyun-”
“I’ll keep him busy.”
“...How?”
“You just do what I said.”
 
---
 
You frown at Dongwoo’s door and knock on it gently, secretly hoping he didn’t hear it so you could just leave saying he was asleep. However, Hoya opened the door curiously and looked down at you with a raised eyebrow, “...You need something?”
“I... Dongwoo...”
He laughs a bit before opening the door more so you can see Dongwoo sitting on his bed with his back facing the door, earphones blaring some unknown song into his head.
You look up at Hoya and he smiles knowingly, “I’ll go see what the others are up to.” He ushers you in and closes the door as he leaves.
 
You shuffle your feet a bit and bite down on your bottom lip, unsure what to say to him. You shake your head and push loose strands of hair behind your ears before moving forward and, with much hesitation, running your fingers through his hair.
He shivers a bit, but looks back, unsure of who’s touching him and why. Once his eyes meet your own, he pulls away quickly, taking his headphones off, “H-Hey... I didn’t realize...”
 
You look at your feet, “I need you to know that... Sungjong told me everything. And I’m not angry.”
“Sungjong told you... everything?”
“Yeah...” You look up at him cautiously, “I’m not angry and I understand, but... I’m upset that you’re avoiding me so harshly...”
“Jieun.” He rushes forward, gripping your shoulders tightly, “Do you understand what would happen to us.. I mean you... if Woohyun were to tell about everything?”
“We aren’t doing anything bad, though... Would it be so awful to have it out in the open?”
“Well, no, but-”
“Dongwoo, are you ashamed of me?”
“What?! I never said anything like that. I just want you to suffer as little as humanly possible.”
 
You look up at him, vision blurred with the tears threatening to fall, “I miss you...”
He swallows hard and lets go of you, “Jieun...”
The door opens and SunMi looks a bit frantic, “The managers are kicking us out. We’ve gotta go.”
“Oh...” You look at Dongwoo, who was looking the opposite direction, “I’m coming...” And with that, you follow SunMi to the dorm entrance.
 
Sunggyu is just waking up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. You bow to him, “Thank you so much for letting us stay and letting me borrow sleeping clothes. I’ll make sure you get your clothes back, okay?”
 
He shifts and quickly pulls you into a hug, “Keep them! Maybe they’ll smell like you when you give them back!”
Your eyebrows crease at the comment and you push him away, “Ahh. I’ll wash them and give them to one of your managers when I get a chance.”
He grins, “Alright! OH! I almost forgot!” He hands you your cellphone, “I hope you don’t mind, but I put my number in and took yours.”
 
“You touched my phone?” You frown, and wanted to say more about how violated you felt, but SunMi was basically dragging you out of the dorm at this point, yelling her goodbyes loudly.
 
---
 
You sigh, looking down at your phone as it vibrated once you got back to your apartment. You blink, “Home?” You glance at SunMi, “I’ll be right back.”
You hold the phone to your ear as you rush to your room, “Hello?”
 
---
 
SunMi stretches a bit, holding a cup of coffee in her hands. She had no intention of drinking it, she just wanted to hold it and enjoy the smell.
You come out, a bit upset-looking, “SunMi, I need to go back to the states for a few weeks.”
 
She blinks, setting the cup down on the table, “What?”
“Mom needs me back home for a while... my dad is supposed to be giving the huge seminar in Canada, and my mom is going with him. And there’s no one to watch my brothers.”
 
“What about my parents?”
“We couldn’t ask them to do that. Plus, mom said they were inviting your parents along.” You smile a bit, “It’ll only be a few weeks. And then I’ll be back.”
“Should I come too?”
“Nahh.” You wink, “You have other things to attend to while you’re here. Like a certain choding, if I’m not mistaken.”
 
SunMi huffs, “What are you talking about? I don’t even understand what you’re saying right now.”
“Point is, I’ll be gone for a few weeks and I leave... tonight apparently.” You laugh loudly, “My parents are the worst at making plans.”
Your best friend stands and clings to you tightly, “I’ll help you pack, then.” She pouts, “Are you going to tell... you know...”
 
You consider it for a second and shrug, “Nahhh. It’ll be okay.”
She frowns and lets go of you, “Are you sure that’s the right choice?”
“Mm...” You laugh a bit, “Yeah, I do.”



SO YEAH :3 dorammaaa.
This means there will probably only be two to four chapters left in this fanfiction ;  w  ;
thank you so much for supporting me so far, 
and if you haven't already, please comment and sub and even friend if you want!
I love hearing from everyone n___n it really brightens my day~!
Also. Morning Coffee LOL. any momusu fans out there? no? OTL;; didn't think so.