02 // the address

►►running after you

As you had expected, SunMi had been extremely excited for you. However, she was only excited by the thought that you had met a boy already and the chance he had cute friends hadn’t helped her excitement either.
She had suggested inviting him over sometime when she was actually awake enough to enjoy his company.

You had thought about what had happened that morning until SunMi had come home late afternoon with a bag of takeout food, American Chinese style.

You missed the smell of cheap Chinese food, but looked to your friend curiously, “Korea is like... right next to China. How the hell did you find American-style Chinese food?”
“I have my ways.” She winked confidently before laughing, “My new boss is American and told me about this place.”

You nod, accepting this answer and begin to eat. After about ten minutes, what she had said hit you like a ton of bricks, “Wait. Boss? That means... You got a job already?!”

She grins and ruffles your hair, “Why are you always so slow?”
“TELL ME ABOUT YOUR JOB AND YOUR BOSS. RIGHT NOW.”

SunMi sits back, chopsticks tapping thoughtfully, “Well, you are now looking at the new cashier for an imported goods store.”
“Imported goods? What kinds?”
“All kinds. There are clothes and food and nick nacks from all over the world.” She made a peace sign, “I walked in and when they realized my charms on top of my AMAZING English skills, they couldn’t NOT hire me.”
“Nice double negative there.”
“Get off my back you crazy grammar nazi. Besides, two negatives make a positive.”

You grin and squeal, “I’m so happy for you! This is going to be so great! We’ll both have such neat stories to tell!”
She pouts, “Yeah, but you’ll basically be working with celebrities all of the time unlike me.”
“Giiirl, please. I’ll probably just be getting the writers coffee until the company trusts me.” You sigh and shovel an ungodly amount of fried rice into your mouth.

SunMi shakes her head at you, “Jieun, you’re the most trustworthy person I know.” She points at you, “But you at making coffee. Once they taste it, you’ll get bumped up for sure.”

The two of you laughed and continued on like that for the remainder of the night.

---

You open your eyes and stretch as your alarm goes off, signaling once again the beginning of your day. You walk to your closet and just stare slowly aware that you had met this person yesterday in a baggy shirt and a pair of shorts. You slap your forehead with your palm and groan. You must have left an awful first impression. 

You bite down on your lip and shrug after a while, “Oh well. If he already thinks I’m a slob, no reason to stop dressing like one now, right?”

You decide to wear a tanktop today, however. Clearly not because you wanted him to see you were only wearing a baggy shirt for comfort. You do your stretch as you usually do in the parking lot and you’re off. 

You decide to run towards the apartment complex you had met Dongwoo first. Maybe he was just as anxious to run with you as you were with him. A smile cracking at the thought, you didn’t realize you were daydreaming until you ran into something hard. This time, it caught you. You blink and look up at the strangely dressed person who’s pulling you into the alley.

He gives you a peace sign with his hand and laughs that adorable laugh of his, “I was thinking I was stupid being early today, but I’m glad I was.”

You push away from his grip awkwardly, but laugh with him, “I wasn’t sure if I should run by at the same time or not, so I was going to circle back later if I wasn’t able to find you this early.”

He rubs the back of his neck, “I’m glad you didn’t forget about me.”
“You kidding? In an outfit like that in this heat? I’m pretty sure I’ll never forget you. Although...” You tap your chin thoughtfully while looking him up and down, “I kind of wish I could see your face. I feel a bit weird being friends with someone I won’t be able to pick off the street to spend time with.”

He looks down, kicking the dirt at his feet, “Well... We can only hang out either really early or really late anyway. Showing you my face wouldn’t make a difference there.” You can imagine a disappointed look on what your imagination had depicted his face to look like based on his voice.

You pat his shoulder, “Since this is a dorm... You have schooling to attend all day?”
“Well, yeah I guess. Something like that.”
You frown at him, wondering what he does that he can’t tell you about.

He snaps his fingers, “Will you be busy at... uh... after ten? Tonight, I mean?”
You tilt your head, “Well, me no. My roommate will probably just be getting back from work, though.”

He tilts his head, “Is this person like you?”
“Kind of. She’s a bit more outgoing.” You smile and tug on his arm to get him running with you. If he was going to talk, you at least wanted to burn off that Chinese from the night before.

He jogs beside you and makes a thoughtful noise before nodding, “I’ll come by your place tonight after I finish my... er... schedule. And I’ll explain everything to you.”

You glance at him, “You don’t have to explain anything, you know. I understand wanting to keep your life private.”
He scratches his head, “Yeah, but... I know this is crazy since this is only the second time we’ve spoken, but I really trust you. And I want you to be able to trust me too. Your roommate, is she...?”

“She won’t open if it’s something that has to stay on the down low.”
You imagine him grinning, “Great!” He stops you and holds out his hand and a pen, “Write it for me, and I’ll be there tonight. A bit after ten, so don’t forget.”

You finish writing your address and he makes a phone call to who you assume are the others living in his dorm. He finishes the call and pats your head, “I’ll see you then?”

“Sure.”

Before he waves down the same van from yesterday, you catch his arm, “Are you... I mean, should I have food ready?”
He pauses, “You want to... cook for me?”
You nod a bit, “Only if, you know, you’ll be hungry.”
He grips you by the shoulders and pulls you into a quick hug before getting into the van, “Better make enough for four dudes and yourself, then.” And he closes the door.

You tilt your head curiously, “Four...? Is he bringing friends?” You panic and run as fast as you can back in the direction of your apartment. SunMi was going to kill you.

 

and therrre you have it :3 kiiiinda short, but at least I'm getting somewhere lol