01 // first meeting

►►running after you

"One more box, SunMi! We're almost done!" You grin at your best friend as she's beginning to pull things from the piles of boxes already littering the floor.

She wipes her forehead slowly with the back of her hand, "Finally. Get it, girl. Let's finish already."

You laugh and pat the box you just put down before jogging back out of the door of the new apartment.

You make your way down the three flights of stairs located on the outside of the building and stop at the large van parked out front. You bow a bit to the man leaning against it, "Thank you so much for your time, ajusshi."

The older gentleman chuckles and bows back to you before standing and brushing the invisible dirt from his shirt, "If you ladies need anything else, never hesitate to call."

You smile at him brightly, "You're such a kind landlord. I can't believe how lucky we are!"

He rubs his nose, his happiness at the comment hard to conceal, "Go get finished unpacking. You know my number if anything comes up."
You bow again, "Thank you so much!" You grab the last box and begin your climb up the stairs once again.

Once finally in the apartment, you put the last box down before closing the door and collapsing on the couch your friend and roommate had just put where she wanted it.

She comes from one of the three doors down the small hall visible from where you were spread out with her hands on her hips, "Uh, what do you think you're doing?"

"Being lazy~"

"You can be lazy AFTER we've unpacked. If you don't get up and help me finish Jieun, so help me GOD I will end you."

You wrinkle your nose and stick your tongue out at her once her back is turned, but get up regardless and begin to finish unpacking your things. You hate to admit it, but the sooner this was all done, the sooner you could sleep. And that was enough motivation for you at the given moment.

About four hours later, the unpacking was finished and you were able to stretch out on top of your equally sweaty best friend who was happily asleep until you slammed your head into her stomach. She pushes you off her lap and before you can complain is already running down the hall, "FIRST SHOWER DIBS."

The door slams and you're left with your nose wrinkled once again, "NO FAIR." But the water was
already running and you figured she wouldn't be able to hear you anyway.

You stretch out on the couch once again and sigh. This was truly the opportunity of a lifetime. You had been offered a job at one of the broadcasting companies, helping translate Korean to English and vice versa anywhere you were needed. You were starting out pretty low on the food chain, to be honest, though. Not that it mattered. It was a job doing something you truly loved, and you got to live in Korea, a country you truly loved.
When you had received news of the opportunity, you called none other than your best friend to tell her the good news. And by doing so, earning a not-so-planned roommate; but one that you would have wanted anyway.
You smile slightly at the thought of her running around job hunting tomorrow. Your best friend is skilled and a hard worker and anyone would be lucky to have her. However, she is a bit intimidating and strong-willed. Many people mistake her straightforwardness with iness, and that makes it hard for her to make friends a lot of the time. To be honest, though, she`s a big softie. You just have to get to know her.

You yourself have problems making friends too, but it was mostly because you were afraid of talking to other people first or at all, really.
You`re kind of a plain girl. There isn't anything particularly special about you other than maybe the fact that you were an American born Korean just like your best friend. But obviously that wasn't something unique to you. You stay quiet when you're around people you don't really know, so you honestly don't meet new people ever. This is alright seeing as how you prefer to be alone or with your best friend and MAYBE one other person. You don't really wear makeup or dress up past looking professional at work and your short hair is always either pulled back or hidden under a hat and tend to wear large glasses a good amount of the time you're conscious.

Your best friend, on the other hand, is the opposite for the most part. Unlike you, who had grown up with several brothers and a single father, SunMi had grown up with several sisters who really influenced how she wore her makeup and dressed at her current place in life. She has pretty, long hair and large eyes that make her seem approachable. She's petite and always makes sure she's dressed to impress when leaving the house. Sure, at home she's mostly lounging around in sweats with no makeup, but when she leaves she always looks like a million bucks.

The two of you had met in elementary school. You were being bullied by some boys on the playground the first day of school that year, and SunMi had come to your rescue, beating the living crap out of a bunch of eight and nine-year-olds. This, of course, resulted in expulsion for the group of us (yes even you who was there even if you weren't included) and the two of you had been best of friends ever since.

You're shaken awake by your friend who laughs and points over her shoulder with her thumb, "Go shower. You stink."
You jokingly raise your fist, "I oughtta..."
"You wouldn't." She winks and walks to her room, shouting a goodnight before closing her door.

You shake your head and chuckle. Living here was going to be SOOOO much more fun than you had originally anticipated.


---

You stretch like a cat when your alarm goes off beside you. Four o'clock in the morning on the dot. You smile and get up, moving to your closet quickly. You had half an hour to get yourself out the door and running. This was a daily routine for you; you ran every morning first thing and then would come home and get ready for the day. It really helps you clear your mind to get ready for the day to come.

Thankfully, you had no problem getting lost today, as your job didn't start until the following week, so you planned on taking your time and getting to know the neighborhood so you could pick out a proper running path for your morning exercise.

You finally decide on a pair of shorts and a large t-shirt before slipping into your tennis shoes and sticking your phone in your pocket just in case SunMi woke up and was wondering where you were.

You slink out the door quietly and make your way down the stairs. Once at the base of the parking lot, you stretch for a minute before letting out a breath and beginning your run.

You would love to close your eyes and just enjoy the breeze, but as you are not familiar with this place at all, it's nice looking around too. You smile at an older couple who are sitting on a porch and wave. They chuckle and nod back.

You run for about half an hour around the different paths of the neighborhood before you come across a gated apartment building with a small crowd of mostly girls out front. You pause curiously, jogging in place. As much as you wanted to ask, the thought of talking to one of them made your stomach churn, so you just decide to go the other way and around the corner of the building.

You run into something hard and land on your bottom with a sound of struggle coming from what you assumed was a person you had just run into. You panic and stand, apologizing profusely to the strangely dressed person and try helping them up.

They laugh and you can't help but think it's kind of adorable. You look at your feet and bow, "I'm so, so sorry. I should have been paying attention to where I was going."

The person puts their hands on your shoulders, "It's fine, I promise. You running into me is no big deal. I won't die."

You look up at him, assuming it's a male from his tone of voice. You really can't tell at all with how he's dressed. His face is covered by a medical mask and sunglasses and they're wearing a hat, keeping their hair from view. They have on a long jacket and sweatpants and a pair of boots. You tilt your head to the side, now worried for this person, "A-aren't you hot in that? Are you going to be okay?"

`He rubs the back of his neck, "Ah. I have to dress like this for right now."
"Ahh..." You bow again before walking past him, "Sorry again."
He grabs your arm, "Wait! What's your name?"
"Oh... Jieun. And you?"
"Dongwoo! Nice to meet you."

You smile, happy to officially know he's male. Not that it mattered either way, but it was good to at least know now, "Nice to meet you too." You move to keep going, but his grip is still strong. You frown, "Is something wrong?"
"N-no! I just... Do you mind if I run with you for a bit? I can't get into my dorm right now with all of those girls out front."
"Ahh~ so it's a dorm. Why are they all there anyway, if you don't mind me asking?"

He chuckles, moving with me as we jog together, "I guess some really famous group lives in the same building or something."
"That makes sense, then." You look at him and smile again, "I'm so happy I met someone. I usually don't really meet new people easily."
Dongwoo tilts his head, "Really? You're so nice, though. I would have thought you would make friends really easily."

"Ahh, no. I get too nervous talking to people. I literally get sick when I try to start conversations."
He pats my shoulder, "As thanks for you being so nice to me, I'll help you get over that."
You laugh and give him a thumbs up, "I run same time every morning. If I can get over this, you're my hero."

You spend another hour running before he gets a call on his cellphone from one of his flat mates saying they would pick him up on the way going wherever they were going. You were a bit sad because it made you so happy to have met someone.

He turns to you after his phone call and begins walking towards you. You back up as he comes closer and end up backing into a wall. You look away and squeak a bit when you feel your phone being taken from your pocket. He dials a number and calls it making his phone go off. He smiles, "I have your number now, so I'll make sure to text you to let you know if I can't meet with you in the morning."

He hands you your phone and you blink at it. You look up at him, but he's by the street, waving down a van. He looks to you and waves, "It was nice meeting you! Honest! I can't wait to see you again."
You smile and wave back as he gets into the van and watch it pull off before you jog back to your own apartment.

You glance at your watch once you get back in front of the building. Eight in the morning. SunMi should just be getting up. You rush up, adrenaline pumping. You can't believe you just met someone new this morning and talked with them for so long. SunMi would freak, you were positive of it.

 

annnnndddd, that's the first chapter, yo :3
second will go up sometime this week n____n