11 // reunited

►►running after you

 

SunMi sighs, playing with the edges of the blanket currently keeping the cold air from attacking her legs as she lays stretched out on the couch of her empty apartment. With you gone, she’s been more or less bored with everything. Sungyeol and Myungsoo had been busy, and as they were more or less her only other friends in South Korea, she had nothing to do.
 
---
 
Sungyeol blinks down at the familiar packaging as he returns from his latest schedule with Myungsoo, “Didn’t Jieun try and send this weeks ago?”
Sungjong looks over his shoulder, “Huh... That’s weird. I wonder what took so long to get it through the company.”
 
Sungyeol shrugs and picks up the item, turning to find Dongwoo. Once he’s made his way to the rapper’s bedroom, he casually opens the door, “Yah, Donggie. You haven’t touched your fanmail in a while.”
 
Dongwoo sits up from his laying position and holds out his hand for Sungyeol to hand him whatever he’s brought, “I hadn’t made my way into the mail area yet.”
Sungyeol chuckles and places it in his hand before taking a seat on Hoya’s bed opposite the big-lipped male, “You really should. It’s starting to really pile up.”
 
“Mm...” Dongwoo looks at the silver wrapping for a moment before opening it carefully, “...Chapstick?” He shrugs and looks at the card, reading it carefully.
 
‘Dongwoo-
                                          It’s been a while, huh? I know chapstick isn’t the best I’m sorry gift in the world, but when I think of you, your smile is the first thing that comes to mind haha. Because of that, I want you to take care of those crazy lips even if it’s not for me, got it? I’m not exactly good at confessions, so, to save myself the trouble I’ll just apologize instead. I’m sorry I got upset with you for not explaining yourself to me. I’m sorry we had a falling out and now we aren’t talking. I’m sorry Woohyun is using this whole thing against you and making everything hard on you. I’m sorry I don’t run anymore, even if you don’t come looking for me. And most of all, I’m sorry for liking you so much because I know it’d be easier for both of us if I could just move on. 
                                         You must think I’m crazy to keep clinging on so tightly, and to be honest I myself think I’m crazy at this point. Haha! I just want you to know that... until I can fully confess or until you flat out reject me, I will be waiting for you (:
--Jieun’
 
Dongwoo stares at the note a little bit longer than he meant to before he looked up at Sungyeol, “I messed up big time, didn’t I?”
“...It took you this long to realize it?”
He stands up, “What time is it?”
“Like eleven at night.”
“Mm. I’ll be back in a few hours. And if not, I’ll call.”
Sungyeol stands at this, “Where are you going?”
“To make up for letting my dongsaeng get the better of me.” And with that, he rushes out of the dorm without another word.
 
---
 
SunMi stirs from her sleep when she hears a knock at the door, “Coming~” She sighs and throws her blanket off, shuffling to greet the visitor, “Hell-Dongwoo?”
 
The rapper looks at her with pleading eyes, “I need to see Jieun.”
She lets the desperate boy in, “Sh-she’s not here right now.”
He pauses in his search and turns to her, “Where is she? I need to see her right now.”
“That’s going to be kind of hard, though.”
“Why?!”
“She went back to the states-”
“What?” Dongwoo looked down, defeated, “So... she’s never coming back? It’s all my fault...”
 
SunMi was about to correct his assumption, but a clever grin appeared on her face briefly, “No, no... It’s not your fault. She just wasn’t settling into Korea well.”
Dongwoo began to cry, and SunMi felt bad, but kept at her charade, “It’ll be fine. She’ll settle back home and find a nice guy who’ll take care of her-”
“NO!” He stands, scaring the girl a bit, “THAT CAN’T HAPPEN, SUNMI.”
“....what are you going to do about it?”
“I-I’LL CONFESS EVERYTHING. TO SUNGGYU, TO THE CEO. EVERYONE.”
 
SunMi grinned, “Then what are you waiting for? GO. And call me with the plan, okay?”
 
Dongwoo nods, smiling for real for the first time in who knew how long. He WAS going to get you back.
 
---
 
Sunggyu looked extremely hurt, “You said you were just friends...”
“I know, hyung. I’m so sorry. Please forgive me. I honestly, with every fiber of my being, like this girl so much.” He bowed onto the floor again and the rest of Infinite watched on, smiling at his finally wise choice. All but Woohyun, of course. Who was rolling his eyes.
 
Sunggyu sighs after a while, “Stand up. I’ll help you convince the CEO to let us go and bring her back.”
Dongwoo stares up at him with wide eyes, “Y-You mean it?”
“You clearly like her so much more than I do. I can’t stand to see you so bent up about this whole thing...”
 
Dongwoo springs up and embraces the older boy, “Thank you so much... You have no idea what this means to me...”
Sunggyu pats his back lightly, “Yeah, yeah. Don’t say I’ve never done anything for you, okay?”
They laugh a bit. Sungyeol grins down at Sungjong knowingly, and Hoya blinks, “Does this mean we’re kind of going on vacation?”
Myungsoo hits his arm, “Shut up.”
 
The group laughs at the scene, Dongwoo and Sunggyu still in a half-hug.
 
---
 
You sigh, resting your chin in your hands as you watch your brothers run around with other kids their age from a picnic table not too far away. This distance came at a good time, you had thought. This was going to be good for you, you had thought. Why did it still hurt so much?
 
You bite down on your lip and don’t notice a male slip onto the bench beside you until he speaks up, “Jieun. I haven’t seen you since we were younger.”
You look at the American boy curiously. His dark blonde hair was curled up and his smile lit up his bright blue eyes. You blink, “I’m sorry... I don’t...”
“Ahh, I was HOPING you’d remember me, but I wasn’t expecting you to. Justin, remember?”
“Ju...JUSTIN. OH WOW. HI! HOW HAVE YOU BEEN?” You hug the blonde boy excitedly. This boy was actually one of many SunMi had beaten up for you. After she had beat the nine-year-old him to a pulp, he had followed the two of you around like a lost puppy, blindly in love with SunMi. You grin, “You still have the hots for Mims?”
 
He scratches the back of his neck, “I was actually about to ask about her.”
You laugh loudly, happy for the first time in who knew how long, “She’s doing well. I left her in Korea, though. Sorry.”
He looks at his hands shyly, “It’s okay. I never really had a chance anyway. She’d be the one protecting me instead of the other way around.”
You pat his shoulder, “Bahh. You deserve someone less haughty anyway. SunMi would get thrown in jail for spouse abuse.”
 
Justin smiles a bit, “You got that right.”
 
The two of you chat animatedly about SunMi and Korea until your phone starts buzzing in your pocket. You laugh again, “Speak of the devil, hang on a second. Hello?”
 
“Hey! I need to tell you something-”
“Let me go first! You remember Justin? That blonde kid you beat the crap out of when we were younger?”
SunMi huffs on the other line, “This isn’t the time, SunMi. I really need to-”
“Don’t get huffy with me. I was just sitting here having a nice chat with him about you-”
“JIEUN SHUT UP.”
“....”
 
SunMi mutters a few curses under her breath, “Forget it.” She hangs up and you scoff at your phone, tossing it on the table, “Rude. She must be having her-”
“LALALALA I CAN’T HEAR YOU.”
“Real mature, Justin.”
He laughs and pinches your cheeks, “I don’t remember you being this feisty.”
You pout with his hands still attached to your face, “Yah! Let go~! I don’t like it when people pinch my cheeks.”
 
He keeps his hold and laughs as you swat at his arms. You close your eyes and suddenly his grip is gone and the sound of someone hitting the ground enters your ears. You open your eyes quickly, “Jus....Dongwoo?”
 
The rapper was standing between you and the boy laying on the ground, “He was touching you and you didn’t look like you liked it, so I just... I’m sorry... I shouldn’t have come.”
You grab his forearm to keep him from walking away, “Dongwoo, what are you doing here? Aren’t you going to get into trouble?”
“I... I talked to the other members and the CEO. Everyone agreed this was the best thing to do.”
 
“Then SunMi...” You look up the hill from where you stood, Infinite and your best friend waving cheerfully, “Why did you?... I don’t understand.”
Dongwoo grips your shoulders tightly, “I’m sorry I’m so stupid.”
“Stupid...?”
He moves his grip to your face, “Yeah. Stupid for not realizing my feelings sooner.” And he closes the distance between your lips just as quickly as he had finished his sentence. 
 
He pulls away, searching your eyes for a response and you simply pout up at him, “This is sweet and romantic and all, but it couldn’t have waited two weeks?”
“...Why two weeks?”
“...I’m only here to babysit for a few weeks while my parents are in Canada... Didn’t SunMi tell you?”
 
Dongwoo looks up the hill and laughs, “She left that part out.”
You smile brightly and grip his face, earning back his full attention, “Well... Can’t say I’m disappointed.” You bring him in for another sweet kiss.


 
Next chapter will be the last one~ An Epilouge :D
Thank you all of my subscribers 8 u 8 you've all made me a happy author, even if there aren't a million comments on it.
I'm so happy with how this turned out.