Love is Like Books

            I walked out of the library carrying new books in hand. HanEul had changed me to be someone more scholarly…not really, but I just enjoyed reading more. Smiling on my way to meet her, I picked up the first book and read the contexts of the first page.

“Our story has three parts: a beginning, a middle, and an end. And although this is the way all stories unfold, I still can't believe that ours didn't go on forever.”
Nicholas Sparks, Dear John

        Didn’t last forever.

       Those words rang in my ear, our love will last forever right? Me and HanEul. Reading stuff like this only made me question what the future held for me and her. I didn’t want it to end. I hoped this was just the beginning. We were in the part of the story where love was on every page and with each turn something new and magical happened. We were nowhere near the end.

        All those doubtful thoughts left me as soon as I got a text. I opened my phone to see it was from HanEul . My face brightened as I clicked on her message that read,

Meet me at 5 at the library.

         I checked my watch, it was 3:30. I had an hour and thirty minutes to kill. I decided to just head to the library again and settle down somewhere to read this book.

          Dear John. It sounded promising, and HanEul read it. The picture was still unclear but as I unlocked more secrets, it started to somewhat come together. She was delicate and broken inside with the trauma of what she went through her childhood with her parent’s separation. She was guarded with strong walls that protected her from more pain, but I was slowly seeing them crumble. I slowly peeled away the wrapping paper to reveal the gift that was her heart.

         I settled down in a comfortable looking chair and decided to submerge myself in a different love story.

“You have no idea how much the last few days have meant to me," I began. "Meeting you has been the best thing that's ever happened to me." I hesitated, know that if I stopped now, I'd never be able to say it to anyone. "I love you," I whispered. "Did you ever imagine something like this?" she wondered aloud. "You and me , I mean?" "No," I said. "It scares me a little." My stomach flipped, and all at once, I was sure she didnt feel the same way. "You dont have to say it back to me," I began. "That's not why I said it--" "I know," she interrupted. "You don't understand. I wasnt scared because you told me. I got scared because I wanted to say it, too: I love you, John.”
Nicholas Sparks, Dear John

          I hadn’t told HanEul that I loved her yet. I did love her. It was love at first sight, but I didn’t have the guts to tell her.

          ‘But she’s stayed with me all this time…She should at least like me…’

          It’s like not knowing the good part of the story and wanting to skip all the parts just to get to it, but I can’t skip out on anything…Everything meant so much when it came to HanEul.

           Anticipation, I was on edge waiting for HanEul .

          It was almost 5 so I decided to head to our spot and wait for her. I neared the back of the library only to hear a soft murmur of voices.

          “…I come back to see you with another guy? What the hell?”

          “What do you care? You’ve been too busy ing other girls in America. I didn’t think I’d make a difference.”

          “You do make a difference…”

           “Don’t even start with that !”

           “Well…Do you like this guy or you like what’s in his pants?”

           “Myungsoo!”

           “Well do you?!”

           Anticipation.

           It was killing me.

          Turn the page of the book, and what does it read.

         “No, I don’t like him.”

          I walked off not wanting to hear the rest. I had pride that I had to keep up until I reached safety. I would let it out some place else.

 I closed the book.

The story was finished…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HanEul's POV

 “I don’t just like him…I love him. I love SuHo.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

AHHHH I can't finish this story just yet...So it will be longer hahaha

sorry this chapter was poorly written and rushed...i'm not supposed to be on here. I should be studying.

I'll make up for it, in the next update :))

SuHo loves you...