There is a Happy Ending

Love is Like Books

          “What else would you like to try and read? I mean I don’t think you’d like to continue reading my sappy stories.” HanEul searched the shelves while I did the same only on the opposite side of the shelf.

           “I don’t know…You pick, I like the books you give me.” I confessed shyly as I looked at her through the shelf meeting her eyes as she glanced up at me. We held each other’s eyes for a while until I looked away first, blushing.

         “You do?” She raised a brow as she continued to read over the book in her hands. Why was it that the simplest things she did sent my heart into a frenzy while she had my mind go completely blank? 

         “Mmm, but I don’t understand why you like stories that end badly. I mean both of the stories, the girl dies. Do you not like a story with a happy ending?” I questioned her as I came around to her aisle and began inching closer to her as I pretended to look for a book.

         She chuckled slightly and sighed, “I guess those kinds of stories just seem more real to me…Not everyone gets that fairytale ending where they live happily ever after.”

          I tapped my fingers along the rows of books and asked another question, “Did you not get your happy ending?”

          I knew I was going into dangerous territory, but I wanted to know. Even if that meant having to pry a little. But I’d understand if she didn’t want to share.

          “It’s not me, it’s my mom…My dad left us when I was little.”

            And there it was, that missing piece of the puzzle, the event that foreshadowed her future. I turned to look at her and she stood there with no life in her eyes as I brought back the painful memories.

           “I’m sorry,” Was all I could say, but why should I be the one to apologize? It was her father that caused her pain.

            “You don’t have to say sorry, I’m not. He was a jerk to my mother.” Her hands balled themselves into fists as she shoved the book roughly into the shelf.

            "Not all guys are like that though. Some actually care.” I casually remarked, as I picked a book without a thought.

               “Well, I’ll be happy if you introduce me to them because all I’ve seen are crazed men that only care about the physical aspect of a relationship and once they’ve gotten it, they dump you like trash.” HanEul's outburst was nothing to be surprised about.

             I knew guys like that, not including myself. I saw the effects they had on the girls they played. They too are the villains of any love story. I was not going to be that guy. I was going to show her that I could be her Jack, her Romeo, and her prince. Her lover that would stay loyal to her even after death just like Landon did. 

           “What if I told you, you met him already?”

             HanEul didn’t look at me but the corners of her lips curved upwards and her eyes showed a smile as she stared down at the blank pages of the book, “How do you know?”

            “I don’t actually, it’s just a guess.” I shrugged my shoulders and walked off out of the aisle hoping she’d follow.

              She did.

             “Wait for me.”

                   I stopped and waited for her to catch up with me, as we headed to our spot. Yes… it was now our spot. I took a seat first and she soon followed as she sat beside me. I could stay like this for forever, but there was one thing I wanted to try.

             “What book did you pick out?” I nudged her side as she opened up the book and her beautiful eyes looked up to me. I suddenly grew nervous and the butterflies in my stomach came out of their cocoons. It was like that feeling of weightlessness. I lost my breath as she took it from me with her intake of it, “Umm, this one is about a soldier who goes off to war but comes back and meets this girl.”

              “Mhmm.” I made it seem like I was paying attention to her as I inched my face closer to hers as she kept her eyes down on the book.

              “They fall in love with each other, but he goes back to war.”

              “Yeah,” I was just inches from her, I slowly lifted my hand to her chin and pulled her face up so I could see into her eyes.

               “Then- T-They umm don’t…end…up together.” Her words became jumbled as she looked at me. I slowly titled my head and closed my eyes as I leaned in to kiss her.

                It was a simple kiss. Just a small peck on the lips, but the feeling of her lips on mine was more than enough to satisfy my hunger for her. They were soft and sweet, just like I’d imagined.

              She didn’t move at all, but her bottom lip quivered slightly. I slowly opened my eyes, only to keep them down casted on our hands that stayed in our laps. It was like a first kiss. A simple gesture that had fireworks going off in my chest while my mind became slightly incoherent as to where we were. It felt like heaven.

             I lifted my eyes to HanEul. Her eyes were vacant, but her cheeks inflamed as she sat still looking at me. It wasn’t the reaction I had hoped for.I cupped her cheek in my hand as I rubbed the spot under her eyes with my thumb. Slowly the life in her brown eyes. I kept my hand on her face as she placed hers over mine.

             “I’m sorry…” I found myself apologizing for something I’m not sorry about. I only said it because her reaction had me second guessing my actions. Did I do the right thing? Or did I really cross the line?

              I drop my hand from her face, but she kept ahold of it. My head hung low and as I plan to make my retreat, she comes closer to me.

              I feel her breath hit my lips and I’m so tempted to close the gap, but I restrain myself. One is enough for the day.

              HanEul blinks her eyes before closing them and quickly plants one on me, but I no longer have restraints. I pulled her towards me with some force and wrapped my arms securely around her. I held her in my lap and kissed her gently moving our lips in synch with each other. Her hands travelled up to my hair as she pulled me closer. I quickly pulled away and caught my breath.

            "HanEul..." I leaned towards her making sure our foreheads touched while our noses grazed each other’s, “There is such thing as a happy ending.” 

It was silent for awhile, until she closed her eyes and nuzzled her head in my neck, “As long as it’s with you.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NO This isn't the end just yet....One more chapter hehehe

Can you believe I wrote this and never been in love? hahaha forever alone

But that's okay I have Kpop to keep me company :P

BY THE WAY If you subscribed to my other story Seeing you and then seeing you again...I changed it too

She's just too gentle.

It still has Sehun it's just a different story