Finding the one

Love is Like Books

 

         Coming into the library once more, the voice deep inside me told me I wasn’t here anymore just to look for a book. I fixed the collar of my shirt as I swiftly walked to the back of the library, hoping to find what I was looking for. My head turned from left to right looking down each aisle for that familiar sound of clicking shoes but as I got deeper and deeper into the library my hopes died down as my search turned up empty.

         My pace slowed down when finally I gave up as I reached the place of our last meeting only to find it vacant. I walked back to the part of the library where people actually occupied the spaces and headed down a random row of books. My eyes scanned the shelves for anything interesting, but all of it was the same. Books with a thickness that was more intimidating then welcoming, while others had strange titles that sounded more alien than Korean. I scrunched up my nose as the books just got stranger and stranger when a small familiar figure appeared next to me, “Having trouble finding something?”

        My eyes glanced down at HanEul as she easily picked out books like she knew exactly what she wanted. Her face tilted up to meet mine as she wore an expression of amusement.

      “Is something funny?” I asked her as I continued with my own hopeless search. She picked out another book before looking up at me giggling, “You really look lost, that’s all.”

      “Well, I’m not big on books, so excuse me if I’m not as book savvy as you.” I smiled at her and her facial expression suddenly changed. She was no longer smiling but staring at me like she was under a spell.

     “Then, why come to the library? That doesn’t make sense, if you don’t like books why do you come here?”  She turned her back to me and walked off to go down another section. I followed suit and watched as she started searching for more books, picking things at random.

     “Maybe I just find this place interesting and want to get into reading books. Maybe I’ve found something here that just keeps me coming back. I don’t have to come here just for the books you know,” I watched her carefully as she moved around the aisle almost like she was avoiding me.  She bit her lip when she had a hard time choosing. Sometimes she’d puff out her cheeks and blow her bangs out of her face just to see better as her glasses fell down her face. HanEul stopped her search and shook her head, “What, besides books, keeps you coming back here then?”

      I shrugged my shoulders as I leaned forward to meet her eyes, “I don’t really know. I keep coming back to find out.”

      As I met her eye level, HanEul took a shaky step back away from me and shoved a book into my chest, “Well you might as well appreciate the real reason there are libraries and start reading while you're here.”

      I looked at the book and saw it was about vampires.I shoved it back into the shelf without even opening the front page. “I don’t want to read about vampires.”

       “Then what do you want to read about? Do you even know what books you like?” She shot back with frustration as she threw her hands in the air. Her cute tantrum had me laughing on the inside as I added to the fire by shrugging my shoulders.

        HanEul rolled her eyes as she turned to go down another aisle, “First of all you need to narrow down your choices. Find out what genre you like, drama, romance, action, mystery…” She looked at me thinking I was looking at the shelves with her, but I was just watching her as she tapped her chin. She paused midsentence as our eyes met and began to stutter, “S-so what do you like?”

       “Mystery.” I answered, as I kept my eyes on hers. She was a mystery herself as I tried to unravel her secrets by pushing her buttons. She turned her head back to look at the books as she started to walk out of the section we were in and into another one. The constant changing of direction had me stomping my feet as I was tired of this running around.

        “Okay, so mystery. Here are all of the mystery books, go and find one you like.” She pushed me down the aisle and I hesitated but slowly scanned the wall of books that surrounded me, “How do I pick one? There are so many.”

         “Find one that looks interesting to you. Look at the cover, look at the pictures, read the titles, read the back page if you have too. You won’t know what you like until you read some of it or find something interesting about it.”  HanEul walked down to meet me and she began to scan the bookshelves.

         “How about this one?” She picked out a book that was a little too big for my taste with a picture of a bloody floor. I shook my head and she sighed, shoving the book back in its spot. I continued to look and picked out one that was a bit smaller, but HanEul shook her head upon seeing it, “That’s not good.”

         “How do you know?” I shot her a look and she just sighed, “I just know, Suho.”

          “Then I give up! How am I supposed to know which one is good, or which one I’ll like? I really don’t want to keep looking,” I stopped searching and looked at HanEul .

          The look she gave me told me she was done helping me, “Sometimes you don’t have to look so hard and it will just pop out at you.” I turned my attention to the books once more and found one that caught my interest. As I reached out for it another hand met mine as we touched the same book. Her fingers grazed mine and a fire shot through my veins, starting up my heart. HanEul pulled back and handed me the book.

           “Sometimes you’ll just now,” our eyes met once more and her words grew inaudible as she spoke, “once…you see it.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Another update for tonight...or morning...its 11:11 pm where I am!

tumblr_m2t4spV3KU1qi9kl1o3_250.gif

tumblr_m2qejnNtqi1r3y4s1o5_250.jpgimage

OMG his smile just kills me...He is gorgeous!!!

I can't handle it.

but Chen is my baby hahaha

lol