Yongch Village

The Lonely Prince and The Thief

 

‘Junsu!’
 
 
Chansung shouted, a hand lightly patting the prince on the face, his face scrunching up when the man he held in his arms hadn’t reacted, his eyes still closed. He huffed loudly and allowed a glance towards Taecyeon whose voice echoed off the carriage walls, a great scolding being given to the old man driver who sat calmly listening to Taecyeon rant about the safety of the prince who was now passed out. The shock of the jolt more than likely the culprit of the sudden clack out, along with the shoulder pain that probably came with it. Chansung was surprised head s weren’t rolling now, a sigh passing his lips as he gave Junsu’s cheek another pat, this time harder.
 
 
‘Yah! June! Wake up please~ Before Rust bucket cuts our drivers head off..’
 
 
Chansung spoke, leaning in a little closer, though an uncomfortable feeling filled his veins and his thoughts only filled with his little ‘incident’ before all of this happened, Chansung pressed his forehead to Junsu’s and furrowed his eye brows.
 
 
‘Ahh~ I don’t care if you’re a prince or not! I’m about to full force slap you if you don’t wake up!’
 
 
Chansung stated, his eyes going wide as if the effect of his gaze would wake Junsu up. If only such a force would do so, the sound of heavy footsteps being heard stomping his way. He lifted his head just as Taecyeon’s finger pointed directly at him.
 
 
‘This is your fault! Prince Junsu would not be in this state if you hadn’t of laid your filthy poisonous lips on his!’
 
 
Taecyeon shouted, Chansung narrowing his eyes.
 
 
‘Oh save it rust bucket, I don’t have time to argue with you. Junsu’s hurt and passed out, none of this seems like a good situation. What we need to do is get him out of this heat and into a place that’s cooler and give him time to rest..’
 
 
Chansung retorted, Taecyeon’s hands only clenching at his side, he looked ready to explode, but Chansung only looked away, his eyes back on Junsu whose eyes remained closed, he seemed so calm and peaceful, like he was just sleeping.
 
 
‘I am not allowing him to sleep in some peasant inn!’
 
 
Taecyeon shouted, Chansung wincing as the shout bounced from the carriage walls. He looked up again.
 
 
‘Will you just shut up and stop screaming, damn you’re so ing annoying! He’s under my watch so I don’t give a if you want him to sleep in a peasant inn or not. He’s going there either way!’
 
 
Chansung shouted back, about to say something more, but the sound of someone chuckling cut him off, Taecyeon’s face no longer turned to him, but staring hard at the end of the carriage.
 
 
‘I knew I recognized this carriage, I thought this thing would be left in shatters before it even got close to Busan with the ‘great’ Chansung riding on it..’
 
 
The voice was full of the Busan accent, and Chansung’s face instantly twitched, his head slowly turning, an eye brow raising as his eyes landed on a slim dark haired man who leaned inside the carriage at the opening, a smile spread across his face and his head slightly tilted.
 
 
‘What the hell are you doing here Wooyoung, didn’t that old man send you on a mission?’
 
 
Chansung asked, Wooyoung raising from his leaning position, his head nodding up and down.
 
 
‘Oh he did, it just so happened to be closer to Busan than I thought, so I finished it up early and was heading there, but I stopped in this town for a rest since it was getting dark and I’m on foot.’
 
 
Wooyoung’s shoulders shrugged up and down, Chansung only eyeing him before looking up to Taecyeon, his face didn’t seem too excited when he met the guards eyes and Taecyeon was sure to see this when his own angry eyes met Chansung’s half way. Chansung gestured towards Wooyoung with his chin.
 
 
‘That’s Wooyoung, don’t worry to much about him, I work with him so I know him like the back of my hand..’
 
 
Chansung spoke, barely looking back towards Wooyoung before turning back to Junsu, his body slightly moving, adjusting his position, a look of pain crossing his face, his shoulder more than likely being the cause. Chansung sighed louder.
 
 
--
 
 
‘You can’t go anywhere Prince you must stay in this room no matter what, okay? Do you hear me? Only this room.. Mommy will come visit you to take you around the castle in a bit okay.’
 
 
His head nodded up and down, eyes staring wide up at his mother who only smiled, standing up from her leaning position, a hand being placed atop his head.
 
 
‘You’re going to be such a fine Prince one day.. Such an obedient boy.’
 
 
His mothers smile only grew wider, his own smile slowly crossing his face as she nodded her head up and down, a hand gently caressing his face before she turned away, her back residing as Junsu’s smile faded to a frown, his head hanging and his body turning away, away towards the window where the sky shone so dully through the glass. Junsu sighed the moment his door closed and he was alone in his room again. He automatically opened the window, just like he always did, a sad tear running down the boys cheek as he huffed and leaned onto the window seal, his head resting on his arms.
 
 
‘I don’t like being a prince..’
 
 
He mumbled, eyes watching the outside as the clouds began to turn gray above. Junsu’s head lifted as the sky continued to gray, his face scrunching up, eyes narrowing as he looked at the sky.
 
 
‘Is it supposed to rain?’
 
 
He asked himself before shaking his head, his shoulders shrugging. He reached his hand’s out to grasp at the windows to close them, but found that the windows were long gone. Junsu’s eyes widened for a moment, his eyes blinked, body moving backward. He expected, or thought he would be able to see his room, but the only thing that came to view now was the dark clouds that had now managed to cover the floor.
 
Junsu gasped as his body whirled around, his head and eyes moving frantically around the cast space of nothing where his room use to be. A feeling of terror entered his veins as he took a step back, not meaning to stumble, but fell back anyways, his hitting the ground with a thud, the clouds of smoke covering his body instantly before he could even get back up.
 
Smoke filled his lungs as his small body tried to wiggle free and stand back up, to get the fresh air that he knew was waiting above, but no matter how hard he seemed to try, even the hardest of fighting wouldn’t work and his strength was slowly beginning to fade, along with the black smoke that cover his body, he was slowly drowning, drowning in a place where he felt hopeless.
 
 
‘What are you doing here?’
 
 
A voice asked suddenly, Junsu’s eyes that had been barely closed, suddenly opening wide, the sight of someone’s hand reaching out to him coming through the smoke, he gave no answer to the question that had been asked, but instead his hand forward. The small child like features shedding from him as he became his natural age, the hand that had been offered grabbing onto his and pulling him from the smoke that had almost devoured him.
‘Much better now that you can breath?’
 
 
The new person asked, a man much shorter than him, kind of familiar looking, but nothing Junsu could put his fingers on at the moment, he was too busy trying to catch his breath still, the man only staying where he stood, allowing him to catch his breath before he would say anything else. After a moment, Junsu stared directly at him, his eyes trying to decipher where he knew this mysterious man from.
 
 
‘We’ve known each other for only a few years..’
 
 
He answered, Junsu shaken from the sudden answer, it wasn’t normal that someone was reading your mind.
 
 
‘We use to play when we were small children, I would come over when your mother would let me because you were never allowed out of the house. She always said you were to fragile to go anywhere, being only a small baby who just e..’
 
 
He continued, Junsu only watching the man as he chuckled.
 
 
‘But that was when I was two, my dad always brought me over cause I was such a hyper toddler, but then I had to stop hanging out with you because I went missing. I was kidnapped..’
 
 
He spoke, looking towards Junsu who seemed to only be listening, trying to remember it all.
 
 
‘You were only one, a year younger than me, so it’s going to be a little hard to remember..’
 
 
He spoke, Junsu nodding his head, he knew it still wouldn’t hurt to try.
 
 
‘You know even though I went missing, or got kidnapped, how ever you want to put it. It was the best thing that I think ever happened in my life. I grew up, I forgot everything like most children do, small memories are hard..’
 
 
He spoke, stepping a little closer to Junsu who merely stood there, eyes looking down at the black smoke that covered their feet. The man leaned forward, his mouth right next to his ear.
 
 
‘I became best friends with someone who I later fell in love with..’
 
 
He whispered, but never moved away, he wasn’t finished.
 
 
‘I’ve never loved someone so much, I even died for this man.. And now, that you are with him..’
 
 
Junsu’s eyes suddenly went wide as he backed away, the name of the man in front of him suddenly hitting his full force and the other only smiled.
 
 
‘I want you to take care of him for me.. Show him that he’s okay without me.. I gave a little of myself to you…’
 
He spoke, Junsu opening his mouth wide, about to say something, but the smoke was already covering his body, the other man raising a hand to wave, a smile spread wide across his face.
 
 
‘Wait Ja..’
 
 
--
 
 
‘So how longs he been out?’
 
 
Wooyoung asked, Chansung grunting as he managed to get Junsu’s limp body secured nicely on his back, one of the princes arms slung over his shoulder, the other tied tightly to his body thanks to Taecyeon.
 
 
‘Not long, you’re stupid idea of a driver knocked him out..’
 
 
Chansung retorted, Taecyeon already at his side the moment Chansung was ready to walk.
 
 
‘You drop him and I swear it will be more than just your head rolling.’
 
 
Taecyeon hissed, Chansung throwing him a frustrated look before rolling his eyes.
 
 
‘Oh shut up rust bucket, your nagging isn’t exactly helping the situation anyways. We need to just get to an in or something so he can rest..’
 
 
Chansung mumbled, his grip tightening around Junsu’s legs, hoisting him up slightly so that he wouldn’t slide. Taecyeon snorted.
 
 
‘After what you just did you better be glad I’m even letting you touch him..’
 
 
Taecyeon stated, obviously hitting a weak point as Chansung began walking, his own snort being heard as Wooyoung chuckled.
 
 
‘You two fight like an old married couple..’
 
 
Chansung bared his teeth, but refused to turn around, his eyes set straight for the town ahead of him, it was small, just like most of the villages around Daegu and Busan, you didn’t see many big places unless you actually went into the territories of the main palaces. Chansung continued forward, his feet slightly stomping against the ground, the sound of the other two slowly following not to far behind.
 
 
‘Yah! Chansung!’
 
 
Wooyoung shouted now, Chansung hollowing his cheeks out, the sound of the man’s voice annoying him at the moment.
 
 
‘I have a room at the inn in town, you can go there so you don’t have to pay the clerk, there is enough beds for everyone since I got the last room that was available and it was the biggest!’
 
 
Wooyoung spoke from a far, his voice sounding even more distance as Chansung picked up speed, bitting his lower lip.
 
 
‘Thief!! Don’t walk off with the prince like that! Hey!’
 
 
Taecyeon’s voice even sounded faint as Chansung growled lowly, already tired of it all, his heels turning so that they took him directly into the forest that stood dark and tall above beside them, he wasn’t about to deal with the two behind him at the moment, it was already bad enough Junsu was passed out and heavy as hell and he wasn’t in the greatest of moods from his mind wandering back and forth the events from today and Junsu’s face when he had kissed him.
 
 
‘I don’t see how you could deal with him everyday.. And no one can stand Wooyoung…’
 
 
Chansung spoke lowly, not really expecting an answer from Junsu at the moment, but his mumbling seemed to help a bit, at least no one was coming up with some crude comment and trying to slap him, Chansung looked over his shoulder now, two figures appearing at the edge of the forest.
 
 
‘I am going to kill you! Get back here with the prince!’
 
 
Taecyeon shouted, his voice echoing off the wood. Chansung stopped for a moment, raising an eye brow, watching as Taecyeon made an attempt to bound straight into the forest after him, but Wooyung’s hand had managed to stop him, pulling him back quickly, for such a small man he had more strength than he portrayed, from the looks of it, he managed to somehow drag Taecyeon away from the forest edge and away, probably towards the village. Chansung would have to remember to thank him later or something. Only him and Junsu now, Chansung staring at the edge of the forest, before he turned, his head bowing as he adjusted Junsu on his back.
 
 
‘Aiish June, You’re much heavier than you look..’
 
--
 
Chansung huffed greatly when he finally reached a break in the forest, a thankful smile spreading across his face when he stepped foot into the softer grass and the sight of the river in front of him being more than inviting in his eyes.
 
‘Looks like this river leads to the village too, so when we get ready to leave we’ll just follow along the coast and continue down..’
 
 
Chansung spoke, scanning it up and down before slowly lowering himself to the ground on one knee, carefully he managed to get Junsu laying in the softest part of the grass only a few inches away from the river where he planned to jump right in, cloths or not, he felt disgusting and the cold water against his skin would probably feel great in this hot weather and his sweaty status.
 
 
‘Okay…’
 
 
He mumbled, sighing as his eyes looked down at Junsu, his head tilting just slightly as the other twitched but still didn’t wake up. Chansung’s eye brows furrowed.
 
 
‘Now I think you are just sleeping.’
 
 
Chansung stated, staring at Junsu’s calm face longer than intended, his mind managing to think back to when his lips pressed against his soft ones, the feeling of something being very familiar about them.
 
 
‘Mmm Chansung..’
 
 
Junsu groaned out of no where, his face scrunching up, Chansung’s eyes going wide, his body jumping back instantly, Junsu’s only slightly moving, his head turning to it’s side, his good arm rising up as if he must be reaching for something. Chansung’s face fell into a frown, a hand being placed on his chest.
 
 
‘, he scared me..’
 
 
He spoke, his voice trailing off as he looked down at Junsu again.
 
 
‘What the hell are you dreaming about that makes you call my name out?’
 
 
Chansung asked, his eyes showing a curiosity as he leaned forward, his lips barely brushing against Junsu’s, a breath of warm hair hitting his cheeks when Junsu exhaled.
 
 
‘Could we… be falling for each other?’