Heading Out

The Lonely Prince and The Thief

 

I finally got my new computer! YAY!

 

--

 

It was nothing but complete chaos within the castle of Daegu...  Maids and servents scampered the castle grounds, guards stood  along the walls in a tight attention and formation; a younger looking women dressed exactly as the guards, with armor from head to toe, glided gracefully down the wide hallway.  Two other women flanked both her right and left side as they neared the end of the hallway, two large doors stood high above them, each one holding the two symbols of the Kim family, one representing The queen, and the other the prince. A short looking old man, hunched over with his arms neatly behind his back hung a long the left side of the closed doors, his head nodding up and down as the women can to a halt, his hand raising before his wrinkled fingers made a snapping noise.  Each women now stood saluting the door as it creaked it's way open, the contents on the inside slowly coming to view.  What was on the inside really didn't matter though, 

 

Behind these closed doors, the queen sat upon her throne, a hand tucked underneath her chin to prop up her head, elbow of course resting on the arm rest, her free hand lye neatly against her lap.  She was glaring down the long narrow red carpet that lead to the open door, a man, fresh and clean looking approaching her with half lidded eyes, his body leaning over so that he could speak to his highness. 

 

 'Lady Victoria of your Royal Guards have arrived.' 

 

He announced, standing back up straight and moving quickly to hurry behind the curtains and into another room that sat behind the throne.  The Queen, perched herself up neatly, both hands now laying in her lap as her chin rose, 

 

'You may enter Lady Victoria.  I have been expecting you.' 

 

The Queen implied, waving the woman in; who on instant stepped forward, leaving the two women to stand at attention while she made her way down to the end of the grand room.  She was down on one knee by the time she reached the queen, her long hair falling in her face.  The Queen smiled from her place on the thrown, announcing to the woman that she may rise from her kneeling position.  Victoria stood up straight and opened to speak. 

 

'What do you require me from my Queen?' 

 

She asked, her voice sharp and easy to understand, her tone seemed to please the queen as she urged her closer.  A simple smile placed on her face. 

 

'It seems that there is no one in this castle that I can trust to return my poor baby boy to me, well no one except you.' 

 

She spoke, Victoria saluting the queen in a thank you manner, but also spoke again, 

 

'My Queen if I may ask, what happened to that Nichkhun fellow?' 

 

The Queen leaned back into her seat casually, she wore an unpleasant look that had Victoria frowning, this man must have displeased her greatly.  The Queen shifted in her chair, making herself comfortable, 

 

'The man has betrayed us by trying to kill my son by shooting the ship he was traveling on down.  I have sent out bounty hunters to bring him back to me for a hefty price.' 

 

She explained, Victoria nodding her head, she had always had the feeling of displeasure when she had first found out about the man and his shady ways, he didn't seem suited to bring the prince back in the first place.  Watching the Queen sigh heavily, Victoria saluted her highness, 

 

'Your Highness, please allow me to do that job of bringing your son back to the castle.' 

 

She stated, knowing very well that she would succeed more in getting him home than anyone else, she wasn't famous for her skills for nothing.  The queen's displeasured look was soon wiped from her face once the request was asked, her hands clamping together, and a wide smile plastered in his place.  She leaned forward into her seat, 

 

'It would be lovely for you to do the honors my royal knight. I trust in your speed and abilities to get my son back here safely without trying to kill him. ' 

 

She spoke, emphasizing the last part, her tone more serious as she leaned back again, looking like the normal peppy queen she always was.  Victoria, bowed to her queen, 

 

'I will leave by sundown on the Daegu Wonder.' 

 

Victoria replied, meaning the airship used only in case of emergencies, and by all means this was an emergency.  The queen waved her hand, dismissing the royal knight, Victoria instantly turning on her heels and marching straight out into the hallway.  She rose her chin as she approached the two women who quickly flanked her sides again. 

 

'I will return the queen and prove to Taecyeon that we are not equals.' 

 

-- 

 

Junsu woke up with his skin burning; sweat pouring from every pore, his vision was slightly blurry when he rolled over in the bed, his limbs hanging miserably over the edge when he managed to get onto his stomach, the blankets being kicked instantly off him.  He couldn't help the agonizing groan that came from his throat...  His body was tingling all over and along with the burning skin came the dizzying head ache, whatever they had put in that tea, not only had it knocked him out, but it seemed to have enhanced his head ache and made his eyes feel like someone was pressing their thumbs into his eye sockets.  Pushing himself up onto his elbows, he felt the dampness of his hair as it plastered against his face, all of it making it more hotter than it needed to be, Junsu reaching a hand up to wipe at least some of the grime away before turning himself around; sitting up straight he glanced around the partial empty room, the only other person in the room besides him was the younger looking boy that had been unconscious for a while.  Junsu shook his head slightly, trying to remember exactly what had happened earlier; besides arguing at the table about him actually sleeping, the only other thing he could remember was being offered tea from Suzy...  Junsu paused now, blinking a few times before placing his palm against his forehead, how could he have been so dumb enough as to actually believe it was just tea he was being offered earlier!  He should have guessed that they would knock him out and go against him.  Junsu hissed slightly, lowering his hand back down to his lap, his head tilting back. 

 

'I'm so dumb...' 

 

He muttered to himself, bringing his head back down, just in time to see someone entering the room, thankfully someone he had wanted to see.  The tall thief looking a little better, still pale and slightly in pain, and wet? Compared to earlier though, he looked better. He smiled softly towards Chansung who slumped wearily onto the same bed, his face burying into the sheets next to Junsu, hands purposly grabbing one of Junsu's.  Once settled, Junsu realized he hadn't come in a lone, mostly everyone from earlier; who Junsu gave a sour face; entered behind him, Wooyoung carrying a large rolled up piece of paper under his arm, and Taecyeon carrying a small rectangular table.  He wasn't sure what exactly they were for, but he was sure what Wooyoung held in his arms was a map.  He watched curiously as it was rolled out onto the now neatly set up table, Taecyeon quietly making his way over to where he was, settling himself on the floor before Min entered the room and joined him on the floor, even Suzy who Junsu noted looked a little gloomy was in the room, standing next to Wooyoung with her arms crossed over her chest, her eyes only on the map as Wooyoung looked up. 

 

'Morning sleeping beauty.' 

 

Wooyoung spoke with a smile and a wink, Junsu narrowing his eyes, 

 

'You are such horrible people, knocking me out 

against my will like that.  I feel quite unwell now!' 

 

Junsu hissed, his Daegu accent strong, but seemed to go unnoticed, or more like chuckled off as Wooyoung lowered his head, Junsu poking out his lower lip, he didn't like that he was just brushed off!  His mouth opening to protest, but was shushed when a painful, muffled groan from beside him caught his ears.  Turning away from a now busy WooyoungJunsu gave his attention to Chansung, the man grasping at the sheets.  Junsu leaned forward, giving Chansung's back a gentle rub.  Their eyes met the moment Chansung revealed his face, his expression not as bad as it could have been.  He brought himself up with a sort of smile before allowing himself to sit criss cross on the bed, his hands reaching out to take both of Junsu's hands this time. 

 

'Don't look at me like I'm dying!  I don't need pity.' 

 

He spoke, his voice a little dry, but it was something he could get over for now, Junsu offered him a frown though, his head tilting. 

 

'You are unwell and you don't want me to worry?  That's impossible!' 

 

Junsu replied, not noticing Taecyeon's head tilting back to look in his direction, he was stuck on the man in front of him. 

 

'I'm feeling great!  Just need the color to come back to my face and some food!' 

 

Chansung chanted, showing Junsu a fist, the prince merely rolling his eyes, Taecyeon on the floor doing the same thing, even Min was shaking her head back and forth in a disagreement.  Chansung's upper lip twitched before he shrugged his shoulders. 

 

'No matter, but we will be leaving tomorrow if we are all able to walk correctly.' 

 

Chansung spoke, earning an in unison 'what' from those, expect Wooyoung, that sat around him.  his expression didn't change, but he seemed more serious than normal as he looked around the room. 

 

'You guys don't understand at all the situation we are in.' 

 

He began, the room falling into an uncomfortable silence as all eyes were on Chansung, 

 

'I don't know who that Nichkhun guy was, I'm sure JR over there knows, but he's out cold, and we have no idea whether he is alive or dead, if we survived, I'm sure he wasn't going down either, not that easily. We have the prince of Daegu in our hands, stopping in one place for too long, it's like a death trap and stupidity on our part, in other words it's dangerous no matter where we are.' 

 

He continued, looking down at Taecyeon who he was sure would be the first to speak up about the whole ordeal, but the guard remained silent on the floor, his eyes and attention turned away from Chansung.  The thief looked up towards his companion now; Wooyoung's fingers tracing the map in front of him. 

 

'You know this as well as I do Wooyoung... Min.' 

 

He spoke, the girl on the floor in front of him looking displeased with a pout on her face, 

 

'I know we are in danger, but won't you guys be in danger to if we leave while you two are still sick?' 

 

She asked, Chansung shaking his head, a finger pointing at the other girl in the room, the one Junsu wasn't sure why she had come in. 

 

'That's what she's for.  She's our medic and can 

provide us with anything we need...  Plus Sunye was kind enough to offer us some gear for the trip out.' 

 

Chansung stated, watching as Taecyeon now stirred, their eyes meeting for a brief moment, he was still expecting him to be angry any moment now, but his mood stayed mellowed out as he spoke, 

 

'What about food?' 

 

He asked, Chansung puckering his lips, Sunye had offered supplies and some food, but not nearly enough to last them until they got to Busan, not with as many people that were going now...  He would guess this would be were his, Wooyoung's and Min's skills came into play.  Stealing had been the last thing on his mind, but right now it seemed necessary for them.  Taecyeon seemed to understand his facial gestures and quickly turned away, he didn't agree, but he wasn't going to voice his opinion, which was a little unusual, but instead he was on his feet, quickly heading towards the exit of the room, his foot steps heavy.  Chansung narrowed his eyes, but let it be as he turned back to Wooyoung who had been distracted by the map, but was occasionally throwing glances towards the door Taecyeon had gone out of. 

 

'Wooyoung...  You do you know how to get out of this forest?' 

 

He asked, Wooyoung obviously collecting himself before nodding his head, staring back down at the map before waving Suzy over. 

 

'If we take this way we can clear the bad spots right?' 

 

He asked the female, Suzy inching a little closer, looking down at the map, she nodded her head up and down slowly before backing away.  She seemed a little distant, but Wooyoung didn't seem to notice as he nodded his own head. 

 

'We have a route, I'll lead the way tomorrow morning, we won't be able to get out of the forest in just a day, but there are plenty of caves to spend the night in.' 

 

He implied, Junsu squeaking from where he sat suddenly, 

 

'A cave!?  You mean one of those indentions in the side of a mountain that's all slimy, moist and humid?' 

 

He asked, rather displeased with the idea he had just spoken of; everyone looked amused by the accusation, but Wooyoung was the one to nod his head, Junsu looking rather horrified. 

 

'Yup, that's a cave.' 

 

He replied rather teasingly, Junsu not seeming to get the joke as he looked over to Chansung with pleading eyes.  Chansung only shrugged his shoulders, Junsu's mouth falling open, 

 

'Oh you men are so mean to him!' 

 

Min shouted finally, getting up off the floor and onto the bed, pushing Chansung clear out of the way, to put her arms around Junsu, the prince taking the embrace willingly, 

 

'He's a spoiled prince!  And knows nothing of the outside world!' 

 

Min retorted, Junsu cocking an eye brow at first, but it wasn't like what she had just said wasn't true.  What prince wasn't spoiled and new everything about the outside world?  Hugging Min to him, she smiled, petting the top of his head as he went a long with it, nuzzling his cheek against the top of her head. Chansung was quick to react on this one, his hands shoving the two apart with out a word, eyes glaring at Min who crossed her arms over her chest. 

 

'I don't want to sleep in a cave either, I suggest we ask for tents!' 

 

She demanded, Wooyoung rolling his eyes, Chansung crossing his own arms over his chest, sitting up straight, only to slouch back down when a twinge of pain over came him.  Min didn't look concerned. 

 

'We can't just ask for tents! There si to many of us, we'd have to get a lot of tents!' 

 

Chansung argued, Min shaking her head, 

 

'Would not! All we would need was three.  Me and Suzy can share, you and Junsu could share, and Wooyoung can share with Taecyeon.' 

 

She responded, Wooyoung who had been concerned over the map looked up now, a small smile forming on his lips as if the idea was pleasing. 

 

'I think it's not a bad idea.' 

 

Wooyoung gave his opinion, shrugging his shoulders up and down as Chansung whipped his head to look in his direction.  A look of surprise being given as Wooyoung turned his attention back to the map.  Chansung's lip twitched before turning back to Min and Junsu. 

 

'I'm not asking.' 

 

He retorted, Min smiling wide before she crawled off the bed, 

 

'You aren't, but I am!' 

 

She shouted, throwing an arm into the air before darting out of the room to go find Sunye.  Chansung snorted, they might not even have any tents...  Feeling Junsu's hand resting against his thigh, Chansung relaxed and let his head roll back, tomorrow was definitely going to be a long day, and tonight was going to be a rough one.  It wouldn't be the first time he would leave out with serious injuries, but just because he had done it before didn't mean it was going to be easy, especially if Junsu was still ill, he would have to have the most care from Suzy considering that anything could happen.  

 

'Chansung...' 

 

Junsu's voice broke him from his recent thoughts, his head lowering so that he could meet eyes with the prince.  He looked overly conceredChansung gave him a reassuring smile. 

 

'You're paler thinking about all this, are you sure tomorrow is a good time to be leaving?' 

 

He asked, Chansung puckering his lips, hand reaching out to ruffle Junsu's hair, 

 

'Yah, June, don't worry about me, worry about yourself, you’re the one that's ill.' 

 

Chansung spoke, Junsu shaking his head back and forth, 

 

'My illness is something easily gotten over.  You, Chansung your injured, that's not easily fixed...' 

 

Junsu responded, Chansung sighing, rolling off the bed, Wooyoung who had been silent the whole time glanced up from his map, watching as Chansung moved to exit the room, Junsu watching him sadly as he left.  Wooyoung  his lower lip, looking back down at the map. 

 

'You're right June. He's just to stubborn to realize he's vulnerable right now, but that thick skull of his refuses to accept that.  cause that means we have to keep our guard up even more.' 

 

Wooyoung sighed, flipping the map so that he could roll it up, the paper instantly going under neath his arm, his other hand in the pockets of his new slacks, Junsu wasn't even sure where their old clothes had gone, but that wasn't even part of his worries. 

 

'Hey Wooyoung, did you know Jay?' 

 

Junsu asked randomly, Wooyoung tilting his head, 

 

'Not personally, I only met the man once...' 

 

He responded, shrugging his shouldersJunsu frowning from the bed.  He pushed his blankets aside as Wooyoung went to leave the room, Junsu rolling off the bed to follow, he wasn't feeling as bad as he was before, which was good.  He followed closely behind Wooyoung who suddenly stopped at the door, looking over his shoulder to Junsu. 

 

'One thing...  Don't tell Chansung yet, but we are going to Seoul.' 

 

-- 

 

The next day went much smoother than Chansung thought it would go, everyone up and ready by the time the sun rose into the sky. Sunye had met them outside that morning, handing out bags of food clothing, those tents Min asked for, she had to carry them.  Her face was so bright early that morning standing next to her gloomy looking husband who looked like he wanted nothing more than to just lay back down and go to bed.  Suzy looked more willing and ready to go, her bag filled with the medical stuff she required and a small smile every now and then appeared on her face.  Even Junsu was looking a bit more lively, his skin's natural color starting to slowly come back to his face, maybe he was getting better faster than he thought he would.  Taecyeon hovered near the prince of course, always making sure he felt okay and that he wasn't in need of any medicine before they left.  Wooyoung and Min discussed over their paper map about the route they were headed for. 

 

Chansung placed both hands on his hips, ignoring the small pang of pain that shot up his side, his face turning away to hide the pained look.  He was not going to ruin such a smooth morning and make people again question whether they should be leaving.  He was fine, and anyone who asked would be given that same answer  he was giving himself.  

Junsu approached his side now, Chansung turning back, rubbing his nose with a smile on his face, Junsu returning the favor as he looked over his shoulder to make sure Taecyeon was still behind him. 

 

'You look well today.' 

 

He spoke softly, Chansung chuckling, blushing slightly, it probably showed greatly on his still pale cheeks, even Junsu who was a little lighter than him looked tanner than him today.  Taecyeon eyed him over  Junsu's shoulder with glaring eyes, he didn't  look unhappy, but he didn't look happy either.  Chansung chose to ignore the giant knight as he looked over to Suzy, who was down on one knee tying her shoe. 

 

'Are you ready to go?' 

 

He asked, Suzy looking up, quickly finished her shoe before standing up straight; her head nodded up and down easily, a sheepish smile spreading across her face, Chansung was glad she was happy. 

 

'Alright then, I think we can now leave!' 

 

He practically shout, Wooyoung and Min just now rolling up the map, their heads nodding along with everyone else's in agreement.   Chansung clenched his fist as he waved to Sunye who stood closer to her house now.  She was waving her own hand at the group, her husband behind her lazily waving as well. 

 

Chansung turned back to the group, gesturing to Wooyoung who was standing near the edge of  the forest. 

 

'Lead  the way blonde boy!' 

 

He shouted, Wooyoung snorting at the comment, Min chuckling at his side, poking at his arm as he stepped straight into the forest.  There was no going back now, once they got started, just like the day him, Junsu and Taecyeon got started on this journey, there was still no turning around. 

 

It was about mid day when the group had to stop along the river, canteens that had been filled with water now empty from the hours of walking.  Of course Junsu had gone pale again and was resting under a small tree out of the sun; Suzy at his side with a soaked rag, the cloth being dabbed against his face. 

 

Chansung leaned against a tree himself, head resting against it's bark.  He'd been hurting for hours now, his side painfully burning; but of course he had to ignore it, not much could really be done at the moment anyways. Sighing heavily, he gently rubbed his side, looking down towards the ground, it was still a little wet from the past rain, and his boots were covered in mud. 

 

'Chansung, you need to take medicine.' 

 

Suzy's voice startled him, his head jolting up way to fast, the girl standing in front of him holding a small bottle of liquid in hand.  Chansung grimaced. 

 

'I don't need it.' 

 

He inquired, Suzy cocking an eye brow, that don't give me look going across her face. 

 

'Chansung.' 

 

She stated firmly, the man his bottom lip, her forceful gaze making it impossible to look away.  He gave the bottle a sour look. 

 

'It's not going to make me throw up y breakfast is it?' 

 

He asked, still looking hesitant; Suzy forcing the bottle in hand. 

 

'No, it's not.  You are not fooling me Chansung, you 

are going to take that because you are in pain, and if you don't, well let's not even talk about that.' 

 

She spoke, Chansung staring at the girl in disbelief, was this how she talked to all her patience?  Or was it just him, she sure wasn't treating Junsu like this, then again he was cooperating with her.  Chansung groaned mentally, holding the bottle up with his index and thumb, his neck rolling, popping in the process before it came back around and he was opening the bottle, downing it as quickly as he could. 

 

It was more disgusting then the first stuff he had tried, his instinct to just  throw it back up coming to him, but quickly going down when he saw Suzy smiling, Junsu chuckling obviously at his facial expressions.  If the meds hadn't made the pain go away, he probably would have thought that they had just tricked him and gave  him something for the fun of it.  Chansung stuck his tongue out at the two, storming over to Wooyoung who was dipping his hands in the water, Taecyeon right beside him doing the same thing.  Chansung flopped by them, ignoring the confused looks as he leaned forward and dunked his whole head straight into the water. 

 

T hank god it wasn't freezing cold, the feeling of the water circling around his head making the on coming head ache soothe away.  He pulled his head back up after a few minutes of no air, a loud gasp coming from him as he let out the excess air, running fingers through his now soaked hair.  He turned to Wooyoung who was eyeing him strangely. 

 

'How much farther until we get to where we will be spending the  night?' 

 

He asked casually, like nothing had been wrong, his body standing up, arms stretching high above his head, no pain came to him, which was good.  Wooyoung stood up with him, Taecyeon had long moved on to Junsu's side with Suzy, Min was no where to be found. 

 

'Min's checking out the path right now to make sure it's okay for us to go on, but it shouldn't be much farther.' 

 

He replied, Chansung shaking his head back and forth, water sprinkles flying every where. 

 

'Alright, well she needs to hurry up, I'm ready to move!' 

 

He spoke rather excited, but he was,  he wanted to get moving again before the pain returned...