Okay

The Lonely Prince and The Thief

A/N: Please forgive me for all these long waits.... v.v; I'm still so busy.  But here is this meh chapter, I hope you enjoy it still > .

 

--

‘Chansung…’

Chansung felt heavy, his head bowed eye staring at the floor as his name echoed through the darkness.  He managed to lift his head slowly after a moment, his name continuing to echo throughout the darkness…  He felt a little lighter and he felt a sudden rush of air run through him, like he’d been holding his breath for a very long time and was finally able to breathe.  It came to him as a bit of a shock and his eyes were wide, but he continued on letting the air rush through his lungs in large amounts as he looked around, his name was still echoing and it was coming from the darkness, but he couldn’t see anything, it was just a bunch of open space.

Chansung!’

He whirled around now, the sound so loud that it startled him and he jumped back a little, his eyes wide as he came face to face with, himself?  Chansung blinked and stared at the man standing before him, no, this wasn’t him, the features were very close, but there were just the slightest differences in this man; there was something in his face that Chansung didn’t have.  Narrowing his eyes, he leaned forward slightly, the man suddenly taking a step closer his arms outstretched, like he was wanted him to come closer.  He wasn’t about to just step closer, but a force seemed to pull him forward and a hand reached out to touch the man, but instead of seeing his own hand it suddenly became an infant’s hand, small fingers now reaching up for the man who held him carefully in his arms, the man looking down at him with such a loving expression.

Jae Hwa.’

Another voice spoke, the man responding instantly, turning both of them to see a very blurry figure coming towards them.  Why couldn’t he see her properly?  A feeling of frustration came over him as the man known as Jae Hwa passed him off to the blurry woman, she was looking down at him now, and even then her face didn’t seem to become clear to him and a whine escaped his lips, the woman instantly bouncing him up and down.

‘Don’t cry Chansung, Mommy’s got you.’

She whispered, her face so close now, but still, it was so blurry and Chansung was about to whine again, but instead the woman instantly disappeared, Jae Hwa also as a bright light flashed before his eyes then a very loud pop.

His eyes shot open instantly and a gasp escaped his lips as a cold sweat ran down his cheek.  He was breathing heavy as his blurry vision began to become clear to him, the tent ceiling above him, a dim darkness surrounding him like it was night outside, it had to be night outside.  Raising a hand he wiped away the sweat from his face, going to use the other, but felt a resistance as his head tilted to the right.  He found Junsu passed out beside him; he looked to be in a not so peaceful sleep either, his hair plastered to his forehead his lower lip in and his teeth nibbling at it.  Chansung took a moment to catch his breath before doing his best to roll onto his side.  He half expected to feel a sharp pain from his abdomen, the pain had become too familiar to him so he half expected it now, but instead of the pain he only felt the dull ache from lying down for so long.  He bite back a groan as he settled onto his side, his head resting on the make shift pillow that he had been laying on, his eyes staring Junsu up and down.  He wished the prince would look peaceful in his sleep like he use too, but it seemed impossible for some reason at the moment.  Reaching a hand out, he pushed back the sweaty hair from the prince’s face, the others body only slightly twitching as he gripped Chansung’s hand tighter.  Chansung smiled softly, but managed giving Junsu a squeeze back before freeing his hand from his.

It took him a moment to sit up properly, the aching pain of lying down making it know as Chansung in a wince and grit his teeth hard.  How long had he been lying there for?  Not bothering to really think about the question he crawled to the tent door, pushing it aside and letting the cool night air hit his skin.  It was a relief to feel this as he crawled completely out of the tent and up into a standing position.  He allowed one good stretch that was painful, but amazing at the same time before he let his arms drop, eyes wandering the outside till it fell on the sparks of the brightly lit fire.  Junho lied sprawled out on the ground, the witch’s head lying on his stomach, he wasn’t sure if she was asleep with how bound she was, but she wasn’t moving so he would only have to guess that she was.  After a moment he finally found Suzy, she was sitting a little ways off from Junho and the witch, Chansung guessed she wasn’t sleeping because she was sitting up, her knees pressed to her chest, arms wrapped around her knees, face hidden away in them.

Chansung took slow easy steps toward the fire, the heat from it making him want to just step away as another bead of sweat ran down his temple, but he kept moving towards Suzy till he was settled down next to the girl, his legs outstretched in front of him arms leaning back to hold himself up.  He let out a low sigh and even though it was low, it startled the girl who jerked up right, her head whipping to the side to see who had settled down beside her.  Chansung was guessing she hadn’t been expecting to see him sitting beside her because she gasped,

‘C-Chansung?!’

She asked in a low voice, glancing towards Junho and Hyorin who hadn’t moved an inch before she turned back to Chansung.  He smiled slightly and shrugged his shoulders.

‘Who else could I be?’

He asked her jokingly, the girl still staring at him like it was a shock he was the one that was here and not someone else, his smile fell to a frown as the girl stretched out her own legs and reached out a hand to press it against his forehead, then down to his abdomen were she pressed against it gently, it ached slightly and he made a face as Suzy pulled her hand away and stared at him for a moment.

‘Do you feel dizzy, light headed, nauseas, any immense amount of pain?’

Suzy asked now, Chansung cocking an eye brow, but shook his head no,

‘Just some aching like I have been laying in the same spot and position for hours.’

He replied, Suzy’s lips twitching like she wanted to smile, but she didn’t

‘You have been lying in the same spot and position for hours, more like a whole day to be exact.  Do you remember anything before you just woke up?’

Suzy asked, looking only at him as he instantly started to think, the last thing he remembered before he just woke up?  He’d been asleep for a day?  His head was swimming now as he tried to remember what exactly happened before he woke up…

‘I… I remember heading into the tent to go find Junsu.  And that’s really all…’

He replied, Suzy nodding her head, noting what he said before crossing her arms.

‘You know how you had been feeling, how you were in so much pain?’

Suzy continued, Chansung nodding his head, the pain had been burnt into his conscious, but now it hasn’t come back at all.

‘Well, it turns out you were bleeding internally…  You were dying Chansung.’

She spoke, the color from Chansung’s face draining as he stared at Suzy, he was dying? WAS,

‘Were?’

He spoke; Suzy must have been indicating that he wasn’t anymore, something had to have happened while he was out for so long.

‘Yes, were, if it wasn’t for me and Hyorin, you would be dead right now.’

She stated, feeling a little bad because Chansung didn’t look good, and the last thing she needed was him going into shock after an already near death experience.  She reassured him by placing a hand carefully over Chansung’s hand.

‘Y-You… Junsu…  Damnit, you guys must have been so worried…  I’m such an idiot!’

He groaned, rolling his head back and cursing again at the sky.  How could he have done such a thing to them?!  He should have just listened to Suzy from the beginning and took it easy and accepted that help, maybe then it wouldn’t have come to this!  No wonder Junsu looked horrible while sleeping, he had just been getting over an illness and then this probably made it worse.

‘You’re not an idiot Chansung, just stubborn.  But I do need you to take it easy for a little while, I don’t want anything coming back up.’

She replied, smiling to reassure him more as Chansung rolled his head to face the girl, his own smile on his face as Suzy squinted her eyes, her smile fading for a moment.

‘I’ll listen to you this time,’

He replied, moving his gaze to stare at the fire as Suzy did the same, She let out a low breath, she had it on her mind, but wasn’t sure whether or not it was the right time to bring it up.

‘Chansung…  Can I ask you something?’

She asked now, keeping her eyes on the flickering flames, the fire dimming a little low now, she hadn’t bothered to keep adding wood to it, so it only kept going lower.

‘Sure.’

Was the only response from Chansung that she got, a nervous feeling rising in her stomach as she took both of her hands and placed them in front of her, squeezing them together so tightly her knuckles began turning white.

‘I remember you saying a while ago, when you were trying to convince me that I should come with you guys, that you never remembered your parents…’

She spoke, feeling a lump forming in as Chansung answered her with a short ‘mmhm,’ he still hadn’t turned to look at her and she was very thankful for that, it made things a little easier on her at the moment, but that nervous feeling was still strong and it made her feel nauseas all of a sudden.

‘Do the names Jae Hwa or Mi Hi ring a bell to you?  Like do you feel anything when you hear those two names?’

She asked now, willing herself to steal a glance at Chansung who had become stiff were he sat, he had turned his head back in her direction, she could barely see his features now as the fire dimmed, but she still searched his face for what she remembered in her father’s and it was a little hard, but she was starting to see it as Chansung sat all the way up.

‘Jae Hwa…  That name, how do you know it?’

He asked in a rush, so the name had sparked something in him, Suzy bit the inside of her cheek, prying her hands apart and placing one on her chest.

‘Jae Hwa was the name of my father.’

She spoke, Chansung’s eye brows furrowing,

‘I-I had a dream before I woke up, that I saw a man that looked just like me, I was only a baby though, but a woman that I couldn’t see called him Jae Hwa, but she called herself mommy, she was so blurry and I was so frustrated because…’

Chansung’s sentence broke off; he stared at Suzy as tears formed at the corners of her eyes,

‘Suzy…  What are you trying to tell me right now?’

He asked his tone serious, his lips forming a thin line, Suzy almost couldn’t will herself to tell Chansung anything, her knees rose to her chest again and she hugged them tightly.

‘When my oldest brother was only a baby, he was kidnapped right out of my parents’ house from some visitors that lived in Daegu.  It wasn’t till I was older did I ever get any information about these kidnappers, it was a male and female named JYP and Ga In, I heard they were both so nice and they were very accepted by all the villagers except two people, Jae Hwa and Mi Hi, my parents, mostly my mother Mi Hi, she was terrified of this couple and how they eyed her only son, my mother and father cherished their only child for many reasons that I had not been told, so when he had been taken from them, well their whole world ended for such a long time, that was until I came along, when I was born, my parents were very protective of me, they didn’t want what happened to him to happen to me.  I grew up never knowing my older brother, I didn’t know his name, I didn’t even know what he looked like only that my parents were never the same after he had gone and that they risked their lives to go find him after a villager had gave them information that he was in Daegu…’

Suzy paused, her head lowering, she wanted to rest it on her knees; that was just a story and not exactly the point,

‘Chansung, you don’t remember your mother or father because you were taken from them when you were a child, you were kidnapped and taken to Daegu, Jae Hwa and Mi Hi were their names and you probably didn’t even know you had a sister.’

She explained, half expecting the man to say something immediately, but instead she heard a thud, her head lifting up quickly, Chansung had fallen back onto the ground, his knuckle between his teeth being bitten down upon so hard.  Suzy looked worried as she quickly crawled over to him, she hadn’t meant to upset him.

‘That ing bastard, T-This is his entire fault!’

He half shouted between his knuckles, his face was even paler than before as Suzy stared down at him,

‘I had an entire family that I could have known, and yet because of me they were taken away from you too…’

He mumbled, Suzy frowning heavily as she moved closer, practically hovering over him, a hand quickly resting on his cheek, fingers carefully grazing the hot skin,

‘Mommy and Daddy loved you a lot; I loved you a lot even though I had no idea who you were for the longest time…  They died for you because they wanted to and I’m not going to ever blame you for that…’

She spoke, about to say something again but instead was jerked down directly onto Chansung, his arms instantly wrapping around her, holding her tightly against him.

‘You don’t know how happy it makes me though to know I still have some kind of family left…’

He replied, Suzy blinking her cheek pressed against his chest, she let her hands rest on his chest as he slightly smiled,

‘I was for sure you weren’t going to believe me.’

She replied, laughing only slightly as Chansung did the same, but with less enthusiasm, the shock was sure to still be running through his veins.

‘How could I not believe you?  You seem way to honest, was that how our mother was?’

He asked randomly now, Suzy shaking her head,

‘Reverse it, Daddy was very passive, mommy was very, very stubborn.’

She smiled, Chansung’s laugh seeming more heartfelt,

‘So I guess I got Mom’s attitude and Dad’s appearance.’

He replied, Suzy nodding her head,

‘And I got Daddy’s attitude and Mommy’s appearance~’

She smiled, pushing herself up slightly so she could look at Chansung properly; she could see the tears streaming down his face.  This made her feel so bad; she was hoping they were tears of joy.

‘Suzy, I will never allow us to be separated again for as long as I live…’

He replied, ruffling the top of her hair, Suzy nodding her head and suddenly yawning rather loudly, Chansung’s eyes went wide,

‘Wait, have you gotten any sleep?’

He asked, Suzy sheepishly looking away, how she could have slept with such events, sleep wasn’t something that she could do when Chansung had been out and she didn’t know whether or not he was ever going to wake again.

‘Do you know how hard it’s been to sleep because of you?’

She asked, Chansung thinking it over for a moment and then seemed sad about this little fact, his arms pulling the girl back down to lay on his chest.

‘Well… Now that you know I’m okay, sleep please…’

 

He spoke softly, Suzy adjusting herself into a more comfortable position; she was all the way on top of Chansung which felt slightly awkward, but this was her brother so it wasn’t so bad and she wasn’t exactly heavy.  Chansung suddenly began running his fingers through her hair, the fatigue instantly hitting the moment her body became relaxed and she could feel her eyes drooping, sleep couldn’t be that bad now that she knew Chansung was okay and the nagging feeling of telling him everything was gone…  It was amazing how fast she could fall asleep listening to Chansung’s heart beat and the crack of the fire.