The Fight

The Lonely Prince and The Thief

 

‘Ehe, J-June, where did you h-hear that name from?’ 
 
 
Chansung asked, his voice shaken, his heart beating against his chest, so hard against his chest. Chansung bit his lower lip, Junsu’s lops parting in a nervous way as if afraid to speak, but he spoke, and Chansung felt a new pressure begin to build behind his eyes, his pulse being heard through his ears. 
 
 
‘You spoke his name while you were sleeping..’ 
 
 
Junsu spoke, his eyes looking away, probably noticing the cold sweat that ran down Chansung’s cheek, at which he quickly swiped away with his fingers. He smiled slightly, attempting to laugh it off, only if the pressure wasn’t so much, and only if his heart didn’t feel like it was going to pound right out of his chest. He’d thought he’d forgotten about that name. Thought he’d pushed the man he spoke about in the farthest corners of his mind, but apparently even his dreams wanted him to stay as far up as he could. Junsu’s touch brought him from his daze, his body jumping, soft fingers patting his shoulder. He shook his head, running a hand over his face, Junsu frowning. 
 
 
‘You don’t have to say anything, seems you are very worked up about it..’ 
 
 
Junsu spoke in return, Chansung’s head hanging again, a silent thank you being mouthed over and over, his hands clenching together, crushing the bread in his hands. Now that he was thinking about the man, he couldn’t stop, he needed to stop. Jay didn’t need to be in his mind, he messed it up way to much, good and bad ways. Chansung’s eyes now lifted, Junsu coming into view, a worried expression crossing his face and Chansung sighed, opening his mouth to say something, but he had been silenced, a large hand smacking the back of his head causing him to straighten up, a jolt shooting through his body as it turned around, eye brows furrowed, Taecyeon looking down sternly at him. 
 
 
‘Stupid petty thief, don’t crush the food, eat it.’ 
 
 
Taecyeon spoke, arms crossing over his chest. Chansung stared up at him angrily, eyes flaring. 
 
‘You don’t have to ing hit me on the back of the head you stupid rust bucket.’ 
 
Chansung spoke harshly, earning a startled Taecyeon, his eyes going wide, watching as Chansung stood up, the bread that had been firmly in his hand now being thrown at his face, hitting him right on the nose, crumbs spraying in his eyes, the taller man stumbling back a bit, the cart shaking slightly when he reached out and grasped the nearest object to keep him from falling. Taecyeon began brushing the crumbs off his face and shirt, kicking the bread away with his foot. 
 
 
‘What the hell is your problem?’ 
 
 
Taecyeon hissed, stepping towards Chansung, who instantly stood his ground, his fists clenched at his side, chin held high, Taecyeon doing the same. 
 
 
‘That should be my question you big idiot.’ 
 
 
Chansung retorted back, Taecyeon coming close, both men being almost equal heights, their chests practically pressing against each other, each of them glaring the other down, their noses brushing, hot air from growls hitting each others face. Chansung smirked after a minute, stepping away, his eyes looking Taecyeon up and down. 
 
 
‘Funny how I’m the an inch shorter and yet still seem like the tougher one in this situation.’ 
 
 
Chansung teased, Taecyeon’s body twitching, Chansung‘s smiling, wanting the exact reaction from Taecyeon, he moved back to him, though he felt a hand on his wrist, trying to pull him away, he ignored Junsu’s voice that spoke with alarm. 
 
 
‘You two stop it right now! That is an order.’ 
 
 
Junsu spoke, Chansung jerking his fist away, that smile still plastered on his face, watching as Taecyeon’s body relax, his anger only seemed to rise because of this. 
 
 
‘Really? You back off that easily? Such a big man going to listen to the likes of that spoiled brat? I’d think someone like you would learn bet…’ 
 
 
Chansung’s mouth closed, a fist coming directly in contact with his left cheek, sending him straight to the floor, his hitting it hard and with a loud thud, his arms catching his body before his head could hit the floor, he could see droplets of blood ooze down to the floor from his nose and mouth. 
 
 
-- 
 
 
Junsu’s jaw dropped, hearing Chansung’s harsh voice clear in his ears. Such a carefree man turning into someone like this, it was a complete shock for Junsu, the moment his hand was thrown down Junsu backed away. Taecyeon instantly relaxed, and it almost made him feel better, but Chansung’s next words hit him harder than he would of thought. A spoiled brat? Did he really feel that way towards him? Junsu shook his head, running fingers through his hair, his eyes closing for a moment. Only when he heard skin against skin did he look up, Taecyeon’s fist coming in contact with Chansung’s cheek, sending him down to the floor, Chansung remaining on the floor for a few moment, probably regaining his sense from the shock, blood staining the floor below, a hand finally reaching up to his face, Chansung wincing when he barely touched his now bruised and swollen cheek, at least his nose looked okay from what Junsu could see, only a little blood ran from it, Chansung wiped that away with the back of his hand. 
 
 
‘Son of a ! Don’t you ever call the prince a spoiled brat! He is so much more generous than you could ever imagine and defiantly has more sense than that thick skull of yours! I don’t know what the hell your problem is, but you better get off that damn high horse of yours and apologize to the prince this instant!’ 
 
 
Taecyeon shouted, pointing directly to Junsu, who quickly tried to make himself invisible, especially with the death glare Chansung sent him. Junsu bit his lower lip, keeping an eye on Chansung who stood, snorted, spitting blood on the floor beside him, wiping away the excess with his hand. He lingered where he stood for a moment, his lips twitching, he looked as though he was thinking, he probably was thinking, planning out his next move against Taecyeon, but then he lunged for Taecyeon, arms outstretched, not another thought crossing any ones mind. 
 
 
‘Hey!’ 
 
 
Junsu shouted, quickly getting onto his own feet, both men wrestling each other, Chansung’s hand covering Taecyeon’s face, pushing it against the ground, his knee digging into his side, Taecyeon eventually managing to shove Chansung off him for a moment, gaining the advantage, wrestling him to where he was on top, but only for a brief second, two hands resting on his shoulders a foot on his abs, Chansung’s laughing face the only thing Taecyeon probably saw before his body was suddenly doing a flip right out the back of the carriage. 
 
 
‘C-Chansung stop!’ 
 
 
Junsu spoke, scrambling to Chansung who was standing up quickly, about to jump out of the moving cart to get to Taecyeon who was rolling on the ground in pain, the wind knocked straight out of him. Junsu managed to get his arms around one Chansung’s legs, holding him back before he got out of the cart. The taller man cocked his head, glaring down, eyes filled with hatred. Junsu held onto his leg tightly. 
 
 
‘I said stop it. What your fighting over his foolish!’ 
 
 
Junsu shouted, only glancing out the cart where Taecyeon had gotten himself together and was standing, so much hatred glowering with in his eyes. He couldn’t let Chansung go out there, he knew what Taecyeon was like when he was super anger, it was a death wish waiting to happen, it was a main reason his mother ordered him to protect Junsu, because of that strength he had when someone pushed and shoved him the wrong way. Junsu was not having anyone possibly getting killed! He gripped Chansung’s leg harder, refusing to let go. 
 
 
‘Let go you idiot..’ 
 
 
Chansung hissed, jerking his foot, trying to get it free, Junsu struggling still to keep a tight grip, but his grip faltered after a few minutes and Chansung was snatching his foot away, the heel of his boot digging into Junsu’s shoulder, shoving him away with a great force that sent Junsu back far enough to hit the edge of a small crate. Junsu went limp for a moment, his eyes wide, shocked, before his face scrunched up in pain and he was reaching for his shoulder, Chansung never looking his way. 
 
 
‘Damn brat..’ 
 
 
He spoke, hopping from the cart that had now come to a slow stop, the driver probably hearing the commotion. Chansung grinned holding his head up high, Taecyeon breathing hard, his face and cloths smeared with dirt and grass, his hair every which other way. Chansung wanted to laugh, but Taecyeon was already headed his way, a knife being pulled out of his pocket. 
 
 
‘I am going to kill you, you damn thief!’ 
 
 
Taecyeon shouted, ing the knife towards Chansung’s abdomen the moment he got within arms reach of him, Chansung being much faster though, easily sliding to the side, avoiding the sharp object, smiling all the while, his own hand reaching for the knife that hid away in his boot, pulling out the palm sized object, flicking it open and pushing away Taecyeon’s hand that came at him again, ing towards him as well, missing by an inch, only grazing the edge of his shirt, a few curses spilling past Taecyeon’s lips before the knives began clashing. Both ignoring the series of thuds from behind, only the clash of their knives being heard, but neither ignored the fact that someone ran straight into them, both knives flying in opposite directions, skidding against the ground, one tumbling away into the nearby brush. Both men hit the ground separately, loud gasps filling the air as Chansung and Taecyeon tried to catch their breaths, but only one was dealing with extra weight. 
 
 
‘I told you foolish idiots to stop and now I am going to make sure you two stop!’ 
 
 
Junsu shouted, pinning Chansung to the ground, Taecyeon remaining where he lay, out of breath, eyes closing. Junsu’s attention focusing only on Chansung who stared up at him wide eyed. Junsu huffed loudly, he knew Taecyeon would stop, this man on the other hand was a different story, he was already beginning to struggle. Junsu’s eye brows knitted together. 
 
 
‘I’m sorry I brought him up.. Obviously that’s what put you in this mood, and god it’s a horrible one. Try imagining a cheerful man suddenly going evil, it’s scary, I wish I had something to show you what you looked like. So if talking about him hurts that bad then no one is to speak of him, and you aren’t allowed to think of him, who ever the heck he is..’ 
 
Junsu spoke, Chansung’s body going limp, his head hitting the ground. 
 
 
‘Get off..’ 
 
 
Chansung spoke, placing both hands on the ground, attempting to push himself up off the ground, Junsu shoving him back down with one hand. Chansung growled and rolled over, Junsu pushed him again to lay him on his back. 
 
 
‘Get off!!’ 
 
 
Chansung hissed louder, Junsu pinning his shoulder’s down with what strength he could, Chansung squirming below him, his teeth bared and gritted. 
 
 
‘Prince get off of him!’ 
 
 
Taecyeon growled at Junsu who only shook his head. 
 
 
‘He’s only going to hurt you more and possi.. 
 
 
Junsu’s sentence had been cut short, the feeling of pain shoot through his shoulder, Chansung’s hands gripping both of his, squeezing the shoulder that he had injured earlier. Only then, when Junsu let out a strangled whimper did Chansung seem to come back to reality, his body relaxing, eyes going soft, yet wide, realizing exactly what he was doing, his hands instantly moving away from Junsu’s shoulders, the prince above him reaching his own hand to grip at his shoulder, his eyes closing tightly, face scrunching back up in a familiar way, a stray tear rolling down his cheek. 
 
 
‘Prince Junsu!’ 
 
 
Taecyeon’s voice spoke, already at Junsu’s side, pulling him off Chansung and into his arms, bringing him away from Chansung who was sitting up now, his jaw dropping. 
 
 
‘Oh god, I-I hurt him.’ 
 
 
Chansung spoke, fingers running through his hair, the sound of fabric tearing reaching his ears, his attention snapping to where Taecyeon was tearing at the collar of Junsu’s shirt, a large multicolored bruise already showing before Taecyeon could pull the shirt completely apart, even the imprint of his boot was already their. Chansung’s hands were shaking badly now, his body on it’s hands and knees crawling towards the two, he didn’t push Taecyeon away, but the other man seemed to ignore him, examining the damage done, Chansung sitting right next to Junsu, his lower lip quivering, the prince looking away. 
 
 
‘I’m sorry, I’m ing stupid, like really, really ing stupid. I have such anger issues, June, god I’m so sorry..’ 
 
 
Chansung spoke, sorry’s spilling over his lips, shaky hands taking Junsu’s face between both hands, bringing his face to look at him. The prince’s face scrunched up, Taecyeon pressing his hand against his shoulder, feeling along it gently. 
 
 
‘It’s not broken..’ 
 
 
Taecyeon stated with a sigh, rolling his shoulders back, his head tilting back, Chansung hadn’t let Junsu’s face go. Saddened eyes examining Junsu’s face that was now stained with tears. Chansung managed to mumble a few more stupid’s and before Junsu finally jerked his face away. 
 
 
‘C-Chansung, please stop, we all know you weren’t in your right state of mind.. What happened to today has already happened and you calling your self stupid and so on won’t fix.. 
 
 
Junsu winced, 
 
‘Won’t fix anything, so we might as well just move on..’ 
 
 
Junsu spoke, Taecyeon looking back down from his dazed position, his eyes looking at Junsu’s shoulder again, he only sighed and stood up, moving to help Junsu to do the same, Chansung ran fingers through his tangled hair before following. 
 
 
-- 
 
 
‘That should help..’ 
 
 
Taecyeon spoke, Junsu’s arms strapped tightly to his chest, his arm and shoulder restricted of it’s movement, Junsu didn’t really like it, but he would have to deal with it. At least he was no longer in pain, Chansung giving him some type of pain killer that worked wonders. Junsu yawned, the cart rocking slightly, his eyes wondering around it till they landed on Chansung who lay huddled in the corner on side by himself, Taecyeon polishing his armor in the other. Neither had really spoken, Taecyeon speaking more than Chansung, who hadn’t spoken so much as a word when they stepped back onto the cart. 
 
 
‘Chansung..’ 
 
 
Junsu spoke, his head tilting, his body slowly scooting over to the limp man on the floor, he honestly looked like a rag doll at the moment, still unmoving even when Junsu shook his shoulder with his free hand. 
 
 
‘Yah, Chansung, look what Taecyeon did! He said my arms going to be healed in no time! Did you know that all knights are trained in first aid.’ 
 
 
Junsu spoke, a smile crossing his face, hoping that a light conversation would get the other man up and at least talking. Junsu’s smile faded after a minute, his small talk seeming to go through one ear and out the other, Chansung not moving an inch from his position. Junsu sighed loudly. 
 
 
‘Chansung..’ 
 
 
He mumbled, pushing himself up a little so that he could crawl over the other man and lay himself directly in front of him, of course laying down on his good shoulder, he frowned directly at Chansung who stared back, his face showing no emotion. Junsu hollowed his cheeks. 
 
‘Stop being like this..’ 
 
 
Junsu spoke, Chansung’s eyes looking directly at him then away, Junsu used his free hand to grab Chansung’s face and direct it towards him, just like he had did outside after everything had been over and done with, it just didn’t have as much effect because he was using one hand. 
 
 
‘I feel like for what I did Junsu..’ 
 
 
Chansung spoke, Junsu rolling his eyes, Chansung’s eyebrows furrowing, but softened, he had no right to get angry, if anyone did, it was Junsu, but here the prince sat calm as ever trying to get Chansung to cheer up. What right did he have to cheer up? 
 
 
‘Why are you being like this? I could of broken your shoulder, I could of killed you with that knife that I had hidden in my boot, I am no person to take lightly when I’m angry. I pick fights, I end fights, I get unwanted people into fights and because of me they get hurt. Now tell me Junsu, why the hell are you here trying to cheer me up? Shouldn’t you be consoling rust bucket whose like your best friend?’ 
 
 
Chansung asked, both of Junsu’s eye brows raising, his eyes wide, Chansung looked sternly at him, Junsu’s hand slowly slipping to the floor. Chansung sighed, finally thinking he’d get a little peace, but Junsu spoke. 
 
 
‘Taecyeon can take care of himself. You on the other hand, obviously you can’t. I know when people aren’t in their right state of mind, trust me, my mother is the same way, her anger flares so bad at sometimes, it was because of my father she’s like that, she use to be so kind, and though I was only three I remember it clearly, all that kindness that faded when my father died. She became a fearful mess. And now I know for a fact you are the same way..’ 
 
 
Junsu spoke, earning a shocked Chansung whose jaw dropped, tightened and then relaxed forming a smile. 
 
 
‘You’re such a mature prince, I’ve never met one like you. You’ve read me like an open book, ..’ 
 
 
Chansung spoke, his body moving closer to Junsu’s, that smile still plastered on his face, and even though he noticed Junsu’s reddened face, he remained, making eye contact with Junsu, his voice going very low. 
 
 
‘I’m going to tell you a secret okay. I’m going to tell you about Jay, better known as Jay Park.’