Don't look

The Lonely Prince and The Thief

He took a deep breath in, it was the first time in a while he had actually felt like he could move freely again without feeling like he was about to collapse.  A small smile spread across his lips as he crossed his arms over his chest and continued on forward.  He trailed slowly in front of Suzy; she had demanded that she travel behind him in fear that their new guests would attack at any moment and even though he insisted that he was okay and fully healed she didn’t believe it nor trusted anything that was done to him.   He wasn’t sure that he trusted these people either, but then again he did feel better and he wasn’t dead yet.  Wouldn’t these people already have killed them?  They have had more than one opening to do so.  But Suzy was on edge about these people either way, she hadn’t relaxed since they had begun their trip again and it was worrying him. What was she feeling that he couldn’t see or feel himself?  It seemed as though the only person who really trusted them were Junsu…  He wasn’t sure about the others, but none of them voiced their opinions so he only guessed that things were at a mutual standing with them.

Looking ahead his eyes stopped on Junsu, he looked so much better; his skin was now that healthy tan it was when he left the castle, he still looked a little thin, but not unhealthy.  His smile stayed, but it soon dropped when Junsu glanced over his shoulder his unhappy frown and quick movements to look away told him that he definitely wasn’t over the fight they had earlier.  Sighing mentally his shoulders slumped; he didn’t know how to fix this!  He couldn’t take back his words, what was said, was said and whether this could be fixed or not was up to him and Junsu coming to a mutual understanding.  But how could he even do that?  Furrowing his eye brows Chansung picked up his pace; catching up to the prince and his body guard in no time.

Junsu’s eyes widened a little, a hint of anger flashing on his face as Chansung snatched his wrist and drug him forward leading him a good ways a head of the group.  It came as a surprise that Taecyeon didn’t try to stop him but he heard Suzy’s muffled voice behind him so he could only guess that she was the one who prevented him from stopping Chansung from bringing the prince with him.

‘Chansung let me go.’

Junsu stated, jerking at his hand trying to set it free but failed, Chansung’s grip tightening to stop him.

‘No.  I need to talk to you and if I let go you’ll just run away and none of this will be solved.’

Chansung retorted; he could feel Junsu tugging hard, it was not an easy task keeping his wrist locked with his hand, but he managed as Junsu grunted loudly.

‘There is nothing to talk about; you’ve already stated how you feel and that’s that.’

Junsu scoffed his fists in a tight ball as Chansung glared at him over his shoulder, how he could think there was nothing to talk about was beyond him, but there was and Chansung was determined to put it out there whether Junsu wanted to hear it or not.

‘If there was nothing to talk about, then why the hell are you angry?  Shouldn’t you be past it then, gotten over my comment and realized what I said was the truth?’

 

Chansung asked, he knew he wasn’t making the situation better by riling up the man, but what else was he supposed to do?  This WAS talking it out, just with a different tone than he wanted, he didn’t think Junsu was this mad either.  Junsu finally managed to wriggle his hand free, Chansung’s hand being thrown from his as he stopped, an accusing finger pointing in his direction.

‘What, get over the fact that I can’t even be with a guy that I fell in love with all because he sees nothing but my prince status?  Do you even know how difficult that is, have you really felt nothing because if so that’s ing heartless and I don’t even know why you are talking to me?!’

Junsu shouted, shoving Chansung away as he tried to step closer.  Chansung stumbled back nearly toppling over, but managed to catch himself as he stayed up right.  He hissed loudly as he moved back to his position.

‘Don’t put words in my mouth, I’ve felt everything just as you have and probably just as strong!  Do you not know how I feel; you don’t think it hurts to realize the situation we are in?  What the hell are we supposed to do!? We can’t just act all happy and wonderful like everything is going to be okay by the end of this!  I don’t know how to make this situation better June, and I don’t think I ever will.  But if all you want to do is yell at me instead of talking then fine go ahead and get it all out because I’m done.’

Chansung yelled, starling Junsu, his blank stare telling Chansung he had no words to say, and maybe that was a good thing but he wasn’t sure because he could see the tears welling in Junsu’s eyes.  He froze, his hands half reaching forward, but he stopped as the first tears fell and Junsu was quick to wipe them away holding a hand up to keep Chansung from coming closer.  Chansung grit his teeth hard, what else was he supposed to do besides stand here watching Junsu cry?

‘I don’t want to be King if it means I can’t be with the ones I love.’

Junsu finally spoke after a long minute, his anger seemed to fade as he sniffled; wiping away his tears again, his eyes remaining down and his head lowered.  Chansung closed his eyes and let out a low sigh before opening them again; stepping forward he pushed away Junsu resisting hand and yanked him into his arms.  Junsu gasped loudly as his cheek pressed hard against Chansung’s chest.

‘Shut up, you can’t give up something so important for one person.  You’re people are eventually going to need you.’

Chansung whispered, running fingers gently through Junsu’s hair.  It remained silent around them for a moment, just the sound of the wind rustling the leaves, but it didn’t take long until someone clearing their throat interrupted the moment.  Both Chansung and Junsu couldn’t help but jump; they pulled apart quickly as they moved to face the crowd that stood a rather good bit away.  Wooyoung stood at the very front, his arms crossed tightly over his chest with a smug smile over his lips.

‘You two love birds done fighting or do we have to come break you up before punches begin flying?’

Wooyoung stated, Chansung rolling his eyes as he sighed and shook his head.  He managed a glance at Junsu who seemed back to normal now; you could tell that tears had been in his eyes, but only if you looked real hard.  To the normal eye Junsu seemed okay, and that’s the way he wanted it; Chansung was sure though that his mind was flooded though.  Junsu’s head slightly turned to meet Junsu’s smile; a quick small smile forming on his lips before he looked back towards the group.  It wasn’t exactly the smile Chansung was looking for, but it was a start and hopefully things would become a little better from here on out.

--

‘Tell me something.’

Hyorin spoke in a hushed tone, her footsteps falling in sequence with Mi Hi; her hands were again bound but she was allowed to speak freely and that she did.  Mi Hi remained silent as she stayed a good few feet away from the group that walked a head.

‘Why do you hide your faces from these people?  Do you not trust them?’

Hyorin asked; her expression neither interested nor confused as she gave a glance in the direction of the other woman and then back to Jae Hwa who was walking even slower.

‘While I chose to be nice and asked Junho to free you, I don’t think it is any of your business as to why we choose to hide our faces.’

Mi Hi spoke calmly; her eyes trying to keep focus on Chansung and Suzy.  Suzy seemed happy as she punched her brother’s shoulder playfully, she wasn’t sure but this possible had to do with that fight and something that happened before she met up with them.

‘You seem to care a lot about those two,’

Hyorin replied, Mi Hi jumping but turning to face the woman now; she only glanced down at ground before shrugging her shoulders.

‘There are a lot of things that I can’t explain to anyone right now.’

Mi Hi sighed shaking her head in the process, there were too much happening at once and even if she were to reveal anything it would be too complicated to explain; she wasn’t so sure if she was ready for that?  But then again, when would she be ready to explain it?  Mi Hi frowned now, her eye brows knitting together.  Hyorin shook her from the trance as she now stared at a smiling face.

‘How about I help you?’

Hyorin grinned; Mi Hi eye brow rose, opening to say something only for it to close while her face became pale, and the sound of a loud popping causing her to whip around just as Jae Hwa cursed loudly.  The smell of burning plastic; the mask Jae Hwa had been wearing falling to the ground.  Mi Hi could feel the magic draining from her husband; his hand’s flying to his now exposed face as he gave a horrified look towards her before the screaming began.

‘What do you think you are doing?!’

Mi Hi screeched; her body almost leaping towards her husband only to be thrown back by what felt like was a wave of power.  Her body skid to the ground hard, the breath knocked out of her Hyorin’s laughter filling the air while Mi Hi pushed herself up off the ground.  She could feel a deep pain in her right arm; probably broken, but that was the last thing she needed to worry about as Jae Hwa’s screaming continued, the pain behind it causing her to shake as she glared forward.

Thank god she had gotten up in enough time to move as a burst of flames appeared before her face, the sound of her mask cracking causing her to flinch but reach up with her good arm and hold it together as another wave could be felt coming her way, but suddenly stopped. The sound of a body hitting the ground and a shout; Junho held Hyorin against the ground by the throat, Chansung by his side.  Suzy was heading towards what she guessed was Jae Hwa, whose screams had yet to stop.

‘Are you alright, are you hurt?’

Junsu asked, his hand resting on her shoulder carefully.  She flinched away as the pain surged; but she ignored it all. Pushing away Junsu’s hand she stumbled towards her husband; the magic was gone and it was amazing he was still conscious.  It was hard to watch as he writhed around in Suzy’s arms, she was barely able to hold him, but managed as Mi Hi knelt down.

‘Should I let go?’

Suzy asked, looking to her for questions.  Mi Hi was shaking as she shook her head, she needed someone to hold him, and since Suzy was here and already holding him she really had no choice.  Taking her hand away from her own mask; she felt the molding crumble as it fell to the ground, her hood thankfully covering most of her face.  Shaky hands reached forward, taking a hold of Jae Hwa’s hands, they were extremely difficult to move away from his face, but she finally moved them away.  Jae Hwa had finally calmed down as his eyes met Mi Hi’s.  Scars, wounds, burns covered his face and neck; it hurt to look at and it wasn’t something she had seen in such a long time.  Her heart was pounding hard in her chest as she smiled slightly hoping to relax Jae Hwa and calm him down, he hasn’t felt this pain in such a long time and she wanted to take it away as soon as possible.

‘Hold on honey, I’m right here and so is Suzy.  You’ll feel much better once I cover the wounds again.’

Mi Hi spoke softly, her hands covering Jae Hwa’s face; he hissed loudly from the touch, but instantly relaxed when a soft blue light surrounded him.  After a long pause her hands slowly moved away; the scars and wounds long gone and replaced with smooth normal skin.  He looked so peaceful now, so normal; Mi Hi smiled and allowed her hand to caress his face only to freeze as she heard a gasp.

‘D-Daddy…’