Listening

The Lonely Prince and The Thief

A/N: I'm really sorry for the long delay, I have been SO BUSY.  I hope this chapter is okay~  Had a little bit of writers block as well at one point. :(  

--

 

'Chansung are you feeling alright?'

 

Suzy asked, watching as her brother nodded his head, massaging his stomach lightly with one of his hands as the pair continued on towards the campsite; they hadn't talked much, not that Chansung wanted to, his conversation with Junsu running in his head over and over. He agreed with himself that he regretted his words, but he wasn't sure whether he could actually take them back. He sighed lightly to himself, feeling Suzy's hand slip into his own free one, the pair stopping as Suzy stepped in front of him.

 

'Tell me the truth.'

 

She spoke firmly, Chansung's lips forming a thin line as he rolled his head, dropping his hand that was massaging and sighed even louder,

 

'Do you really think I want to tell you everything? You already know most of the story...'

 

He groaned, taking his hand away from Suzy who frowned, her hand reaching out to take his back but he stepped backwards just out of reach for the female; her hand hovering in the air for a moment before she dropped it to her side, she looked up directly at Chansung as he shook his head turning around on his heels,

 

'Better yet, just leave me alone for right now, I'd rather be alone.'

 

He spoke sternly, Suzy placing her hands on her hips, stepping forward; she stopped Chansung by grabbing his shoulder and pulling him back. He stumbled backwards keeping his balance as he threw the female a glare. She cocked an eye brow,

 

'Alone? You think after you just woke up from internal bleeding I am going to let you run off alone, are you ing insane? You're staying with me whether you like it or not, I don't know why you have such a stubborn attitude, but you will lose it by the time I'm done with you.'

 

Suzy exclaimed, Chansung scoffing at the girl, trying to shrug the girl's hand off his shoulder but was merely shoved to the ground on his , a gasp escaping his lips as he shot glares towards Suzy who rolled her eyes. She'd had dealt with plenty of stubborn men before, some stronger than even Chansung, though she was sure Chansung wasn't at his full strength, but it was besides the point. Her brother winced when she squeezed his shoulder, he almost began to protest but she had pulled him back up and began practically dragging him.

 

'I can walk!!'

 

He shouted angrily, he couldn't shake the girl off, but she eventually let him go, his body jerking away from hers as he shoved his hands in open pockets. Suzy huffed loudly,

 

'I wonder if you are bi polar, sometimes you are the sweetest guy than in seconds you are such a stubborn .'

 

She mumbled, keeping in step with Chansung as he sped up, ignoring the statement towards him as he remained silent Suzy jogging to keep up with the man, her hand catching his wrist, but neither of them stopped as they neared the opening where the camp site was.

When the two approached the camp site seemed so empty, all the back packs piled up against the tree, Taecyeon pouring water over the old camp fire, Wooyoung staring at a map; Min, Junho and Hyorin leaning against a tree, staring down at god knows what. Everyone looking up the moment they approached,

 

'Wow, you guys clean up fast.'

 

Suzy stated out loud, still not letting go of Chansung's wrist even as they approached the others, at which they seemed to ignore them save Taecyeon who was now approaching, Chansung hadn't bothered to look around for Junsu so Taecyeon was probably pissed at him for pissing off Junsu and so on and so forth; so Chansung just looked else where as Suzy stepped forward to greet the man.

 

'Where is Junsu?'

 

Taecyeon asked now, Suzy scrunching her face as she looked around, she had thought the prince had simply just been hiding. Was he really not here? He had been the one to go ahead of them so he should have gotten here before.

 

'W-We thought he was here, he stormed off a head so we assumed he had come back.'

 

Suzy replied, Taecyeon's face twitching, he glanced to Chansung who still hadn't looked his way, he was looking off into the forest, away from everyone. Taecyeon snarled, Chansung already knew this had something to do with him,

 

'What the hell did you do?'

 

He asked, ignoring Suzy who was letting Chansung's wrist go and coming in between the two, she had heard before that these two didn't get along with each other since this whole journey began, she needed this peace to stay,

 

'I didn't do anything, stop ing blaming everything on me you damn rust bucket.'

 

Chansung snapped, Taecyeon's mouth falling open as he tried to step forward, Suzy instantly holding him back, she wasn't sure what was wrong with Chansung, but he sure was moody at the moment, her head turning so that she could see her brother, a noticeable hand clutching at his stomach as she pushed Taecyeon away.

 

'T-Taecyeon hold up please, don't stress him out anymore; it's hurting him and we need him more than you think. My magic is only so good so I will never know how much I healed him.'

 

She retorted quietly to the man, Taecyeon gritting his teeth together, pointing a finger at the man, opening his mouth to say something but seemed to think better of it as his hand dropped, it was a miracle that he seemed to be obeying her as he growled and relaxed,

 

'I'm sure June is okay, he just needed time to think about some things before we leave, so when he get's back we can get going okay, let's just give these two a little bit more time.'

 

She spoke, relaxing herself as Taecyeon placed a hand over his scar, his eyes closing; he reopened them after a moment, staring at Chansung before shaking his head, turning on his heels as he stomped over to Wooyoung, standing extremely close to the man as he stared down at the map with him, Wooyoung didn't seem to notice the small commotion, or just chose to ignore it as Suzy slumped her shoulders and lazily walked back over to Chansung, wrapping an arm around his waist and lowering him to the ground.

 

'How long have you been such a pest to people?'

 

She asked, allowing him to lay back on the ground, her hand gently resting on the top of his stomach;

 

'Since I was a kid, I learned everything from the only father figure I had, which was a jackass old man.'

 

He replied, Suzy nodding her head in understanding, stretching her legs out as she carefully rubbed the man's stomach, Chansung inhaling and exhaling loudly,

 

'I've been out for a while and yet I still feel so tired,'

 

He spoke, Suzy resting her weight back on one arm, a frown forming on her face,

 

'You went through so much and now you may not even be healed all the way, I'm part witch and yet that part is just bad that it can't even heal you properly.'

 

She replied, tilting her head back so that she could stare up at the sky, it was such a dim day, she wondered if this was why everyone was in such a bad mood. It had started so well this morning, even with Wooyoung and Junsu's mini fight, it didn't start getting bleh until Chansung and Junsu had run off and had this little fight.

 

'Your skills aren't bad Suzy, you just don't know how to use them.'

 

He explained, his eyes had closed and he seemed to be enjoying the rub Suzy was giving him. She scoffed lowly now, she didn't want this witch powers, it felt like such a betrayal towards her dead parents who were killed by a witch,

 

'I wish I could choose to get rid of these powers, I don't want to know how to use them when no magic is ever good.'

 

She mumbled, Chansung lying in silence as Suzy brought her knees up to her chest, her hand stopping as he placed her forehead on top of them, Chansung's hand now grabbing hers, squeezing it gently,

 

'I'm sure some magic is good,'

 

He stated, Suzy shaking her head in disagreement, she had never heard of any type of magic being used for good. She wanted to tell this to Chansung, but the moment her head had turned she could see Taecyeon moving towards the end of the opening of the area, three figures emerging from the dark, one being Junsu, the other two unknown. Her eye brows furrowed as she quickly stood, stepping over Chansung to stand in front of him, she had no idea why this sudden feeling had come over her, but she stared hard towards the two figures who were walking up with Junsu.

 

'JUNSU!!'

 

Taecyeon had shouted as he stormed towards the prince who had come to a halt at the opening of the forest, Junsu looked over his shoulder towards Jae Hwa and Mi Hi, they had stopped also and stood firmly behind him as the knight approached, he wasn't happy and Junsu sighed, ready for whatever.

 

'Why in the world did you run off!? You better be glad you came back when you did or I would have come after you!'

 

Taecyeon exclaimed, pointing fingers at the Prince who swatted the hand down the moment he stepped forward and gestured towards the two behind him, giving Taecyeon no time to scold him for anything; he didn't feel like dealing with any of that, he still wasn't in the mood knowing he would have to go to Chansung.

 

'I met these two while out, they can do a lot for us and a lot of good for Chansung, I wanted them to check him out.'

 

Junsu explained, Jae Hwa and Mi Hi nodding towards Taecyeon who stared at the pair, his eye brow cocked, since when did the prince trust such random people? Junsu gave Taecyeon a look; a look that said it was a long story and their was no time to explain. Taecyeon ran a hand over his face, his head shaking as he pointed a thumb over his shoulder.

 

Junsu tilted just a little to see Chansung lying on the ground, his hand resting on his stomach, was he hurting? Suzy was the next thing he noticed, her protective stance in front of Chansung as she glared towards them. Junsu stepped around Taecyeon, waving Jae Hwa and Mi Hi to follow him, only Mi Hi followed though, Jae Hwa leaning against a tree. Junsu not bothering to worry about it as the female stuck close to him.

 

'Who is this June?'

 

Suzy asked, stopping the pair as Chansung exhaled, it sounded painful and Junsu did his best not to wince.

 

'Suzy, I brought someone to look at Chansung... I want to make sure he is okay, this woman here; she healed my sickness, literally I feel as best as I could be!'

 

Junsu spoke, stepping up to Suzy who looked unsure, he knew she was thinking of a witch, and Junsu was sure Mi Hi was a witch after that stunt, but to bring it up, well he hadn't even brought it up when she had healed him; it was probably best to just leave it at that as Suzy's eyes went back to being narrowed,

 

'Let me see something first...'

 

She spoke lowly, outstretching a hand in Mi Hi's direction; Junsu puckered his lips and turned to explain, but the woman had already stepped forward though, her own hand outstretched as she instantly placed her own hand in Suzy's. A gasp passed Suzy's lips the instant it happened, her body going stiff before she jerked her hand away instantly, a foot rising and before Junsu could protest, Mi Hi was kicked directly in the stomach, her body going backwards, but not down as her feet dug into the ground and kept her standing, Jae hwa appearing quickly behind her, his hands resting on her shoulders.

 

'Suzy what the hell?!'

 

Junsu shouted, turning towards the girl who hadn't budged from in front of Chansung even after that whole ordeal; her fists clenched tightly by her side, teeth bared towards the couple who were only a few feet away, their masked faces serious as they looked towards them. Junsu sent them an apologetic look, it was already bad enough that he had attacked them, but to have even them attack when nothing was wrong. Junsu stepped in front of Suzy,

 

'She is going to help Chansung.'

 

Junsu stated, Suzy shaking her head fiercely,

 

'Bull , I won't let them even think about touching him, those ing posers. I don't know where you got that aura, but I know for a fact that it isn't yours!'

 

She barked, her eyes glistening as she scrubbed at her face, Junsu looked over his shoulder towards Mi Hi; she wasn't looking back though, it was hard to see where her eyes were looking behind that mask. Junsu rolled his head, stepping forward as he reached out and grabbed Suzy's hand lifting it and placing it on his forehead.

 

'She that illness I was fighting right out me Suzy, listen, I don't have any idea of what you are talking about, but it's obvious that your treatment only worked for so long and it's wearing off; that's not good and you know it.'

 

Junsu spoke, Suzy hesitating for a moment, but eventually pulled her hand from his forehead, but kept his hand tight in hers as she jerked him closer to her. Junsu stepped only a little closer, leaning down so that Suzy wouldn't have any trouble whispering to him.

 

'T-They can't be who they are June, they just can't; I don't trust them.'

 

Suzy whispered with a shaky voice, Junsu not entirely sure what she meant, but he pulled back and opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off as Suzy dropped his hand and moved to go around him, Junsu going to stop her, but Mi Hi placed a hand on his shoulder keeping him there. Junsu only watched her go towards Taecyeon before he sighed and turned his attention to Chansung, he hadn't noticed that he had sat up and too was looking towards Suzy, did he understand why she was like this?

 

He knelt down now beside the man,

 

'Lay down.'

 

Junsu instructed to Chansung who only threw him a glance before staring at the ground,

 

'June...'

 

Chansung began, but Junsu only placed a hand on Chansung's shoulder and gave it a slight push, gesturing him to lay down,

 

'Just shut up and lay down.'

 

Junsu spoke sharply, Chansung allowing himself to lay back willingly, staring at the sky, the feeling of Junsu's hand on his shoulder disappearing but replaced with another one, but this one on his stomach as he exhaled, feeling a way to familiar pain.

 

'You'll black out for a moment, but don't be afraid, this isn't bad, it's just something that happens. What she did helped a lot, it stopped your bleeding a good bit, but it wasn't strong enough to stop it completely, but I can fix that; it will be like you never had an injury.'

 

The woman spoke as Chansung just shrugged his shoulders, blinking his eyes waiting for the moment to hurry up and pass. It went by faster than he thought as a wave of darkness came over him, a sharp breath being taken in, but the moment his vision came back, the pain was gone, he wasn't even aching. He instantly sat up quickly, surprised by the sudden cure as he whipped his head to look at the woman on her knees next to him, he couldn't see her clearly through the mask, but her lips were curved up in a smile.

 

'Are you some kind of witch lady?'

 

Chansung asked; Junsu smacking him on the shoulder, Chansung jumping, he was about to turn to Junsu but the woman had spoke first,

 

'Is that any way to talk to a lady, who in gods name taught you manners?'

 

She scoffed, Chansung taken a back, even Junsu was staring amazed as she crossed her arms over her chest,

 

'I just healed you and all you do is question my being, a thank you would have been nice first.'

 

She retorted, Chansung looking the woman up and down before turning to Junsu, who only shrugged, standing up from where he was kneeling and walking over to Taecyeon who seemed to be comforting Suzy who refused to look in this direction. Chansung groaned and threw himself back on the ground, throwing an arm over his eyes.

 

'Is something else hurting?'

 

The woman asked now he could hear her a lot better, so she must have gotten closer, Chansung didn't feel the need to shake her off as he used his free hand to hit his chest were his heart was.

 

'If you count mental hurt then yes.'

 

He replied, and the woman chuckled Chansung removing his arm and glaring towards the woman, this was definitely not a laughing matter; she was now sitting next to him with her legs stretched out ankles crossed, leaning back on her arms staring off. She got comfortable quick as Chansung narrowed his eyes and went to stare up at the sky.

 

'Were you the reason we found June in the woods all alone beating a tree up?'

 

She asked, Chansung groaning, of course he was mad somewhere beating up a tree because of him, though it seemed childish, his actions to cope with the anger were childish as well. He nodded his head,

 

'I said some stupid things,'

 

He replied, unsure as to why he was telling this woman it, but he felt as though it wasn't going to do any harm, no one else was going to listen to him. He sat up straight now, bringing his knees up as he rested his arms on them.

 

'Let me give you some advice from someone who had the same situation once, my husband over there,'

 

She spoke pointing the man who was standing all alone at the edge of the trees, watching them carefully, it was creepy, a shiver running up Chansung's spine as he nodded his head,

 

'Well I had the same problem once, I said something that upset him terribly and it put a rut in our relationship, but you know words can be taken back and replaced with new ones that are actually the right words, stress can cause us to say some stupid things.'

 

She explained, Chansung frowning, his lip twitching as the woman stretched her arms high above her head before pushing herself up off the ground; Chansung having to tilt his head back, the motivation to stand just not there yet, his eye lids drooping.

 

'You sound like this woman I know, always a nag thinking she could fix every problem with a bunch of smart saying combined together.'

 

Chansung scoffed, remembering her with the old man JYP, she really was a nice lady at times, but she also had the attitude just like him and could sometimes snap for no reason. It was still a shame when she passed away though, he was pretty sure that's why JYP was such a now.

 

'She sounds like a very distasteful woman,'

 

The woman replied with what sounded like a bit of bitterness, Chansung grinned with amusement,

 

'Very, she only had her moments of not being a . Most women weren't fond of her, she was pretty and she knew it.'

 

He continued, watching as the woman didn't seem very happy about this, her body shifting in a way he could tell she was annoyed,

 

'Was this your mother?'

 

She asked now, Chansung laughing, his mother, that was funny, Ga In took care of him and the other children, she tried to be a mother but she was terrible at it, and when she realized that she was, she only used them for the purpose of getting her money.

 

'Far from it, she tried, but failed... My real parents died years ago, I don't know exactly when so I didn't really know them. It kind of because I think I could have been something better other than what I am now...'

 

Chansung huffed, poking out his bottom lip; rolling his eyes just thinking about it, it ing that the only thing he could remember about his mother was the blurry images from his dreams... Or that was what he had dubbed as his mother. Placed a hand on his head and intertwined locks of hair into his fingers. He heard a sniffle from the woman, not bothering to look up cause it was obvious what she was doing.

 

'Are you seriously crying? I thought witches were a lot more tough than that, can't even handle that, you don't even want to hear the rest of my life, that's only the beginning.'

 

Chansung spoke, shaking his head and standing up himself, he could see the tears streaming out from underneath the woman's mask. She didn't bother to wipe them away as she sniffled again,

 

'Hey, why the hell are you crying?'

 

Chansung asked, pushing her shoulder as she barely lifted the mask and brushed her finger tips up underneath it, wiping the tears away, she didn't seem to collect herself as more tears seemed to stream down her cheeks. Chansung scratched the back of his neck and seemed sheepish.

 

'I'm sure your real mother felt horrible for leaving you behind or barely even getting to know you. I can't help but feel so sad.'

 

She sighed, hanging her head as Chansung bit the inside of his cheek, an awkward moment settling between them.

 

'I've gotten use to it, without this life I wouldn't have met some of of the most important people in my life. I may have had a ty life so far, but it's better than nothing.'

 

Chansung shrugged, glancing over to Junsu, he had his back to him; you could say that man was the reason, after Jay, that his life started to get any better even if their time together hasn't been that long. Chansung turned away and looked down, just as the woman had left him, going straight for her husband who already had his arms open wide. He didn't bother to stop her or anything he had no reason too.

 

'I don't know why the I just told you all that.'

 

He spoke to the ground,

 

'Guess because you were the only person who actually listened for a change.'