Suzy

The Lonely Prince and The Thief

The rain was only a light drizzle, the forest was in dead silence.  A man lye on the ground, his body soaked from head to toe from the recent pour down.  Streaks of red blood decorated the ground in little streams; the man's fingers had been dug painfully into the muddy ground below him...  He was breathing, his chest heaving up and down heavily, a ragged sound coming from his throat as his body twitched, just before the man's body some how managed to move, his hands and legs lifting him off the ground, just enough to hover over it.  His clothes were caked in mud, along with the side of his face.  Blood dripped carelessly from the tip of his head, sliding down to his cheek bone where it was quickly wiped away, along the mud, by trembling fingers that soon formed a fist and pounded the ground with a hard force.  A deep, angry growl rose out of the males throat as he bared his teeth.  

'I will find them, and I will ing kill them all!'  

He cursed as loud as he could, a tremble being sent through his body as it tried to rise from the  ground.  After a few tries, he finally managed to get up on his feet; wobbling, but able to stay standing, his balance still off as he trudged forward, ignoring the sopping and noises his clothes made as he stumbled forward into the forest with an angry stride. 

-- 

'Prince, you shouldn't be up, you still have a fever...' 

Taecyeon spoke, Junsu ignoring the royal guard as he sat in a nearby chair in front of the one small table in the living room; sniffling his nose he took in a deep breath of air.  He needed sleep, that's what everyone had been telling him over and over again, but ever since everyone had been found and reunited, he just couldn't sleep...  And the fact that Chansung was whining in his sleep, it was painful to hear...  Sunye hadn't returned yet from their small trip to tell them exactly what was wrong with Chansung, but Suzy had came back early and only guessed that he'd hit his stomach pretty hard and he probably had a few cracked ribs.  She said she had given him something, but the pale and grimy looking Chansung wasn't something he could look at, at the moment, he wasn't feeling good enough as it was. 

'June, Taecyeon's right, at least try to... 

'Please leave me a lone, I don't want to sleep right now!' 

Junsu snapped in the middle of Wooyoung speaking to him, the thief approaching with a frown plastered to his face and worry in his eyes.  Why did a thief worry so much?  Junsu closed his eyes and placed his palm against his forehead.  It was still burning, in fact his whole body felt on fire, the medicine probably long  worn off and he was in need of some more, but without Sunye here, Suzy really couldn't do much with out the correct herbs for him. 

He felt a hand being placed against his back now, Taecyeon placing himself directly next to him, his warm body causing Junsu to want to groan out loud, but thought other wise when he opened his eyes and met with his personal body guard.  He hated when people gave him that look, that 'please let me help look,' it frustrated him because of his weak spot for it...  He had been pampered all his life, and being with Chansung, he was hoping he was getting out of that stage and into a sort of independent stage where he hopefully only needed someone's help when he called...  

Taecyeon was still giving him that look though, and he had to sigh loudly this time, Wooyoung shaking his head back and forth as Suzy entered the living room space, a tray of empty cups being held.  She strolled across the room, setting the cups on a nearby table before grabbing another one, Junsu wasn't sure what it was, but it smelled of leaves and dirt, not a pleasant smell for his already sensitive nose; he was thankful for his gag reflexes, for they helped in this situation.  Suzy placed the cup in front of him, cold fingers pressing to his forehead, and a disappointed 'tsk' passing her lips. 

'You aren't going to get better without rest...  But I guess I can't blame you, Chansung's not exactly in a comfortable position right now, I can tell that makes you uneasy as well.'  

She spoke, Junsu glancing up from where he was looking, the girl's soft features giving him a sort of smile that he wasn't sure if it was meant to be good, or bad.  Junsu looked down at the cup that she now pushed closer to him. 

'Drink this, I know it probably smells horrible, but it's supposed to help bring a fever down while we wait for better herbs.' 

She spoke, patting one of Junsu's arms before turning to Taecyeon, eyeing him before reaching out, he puckered his lips slightly as the girl grabbed his chin and slightly tipped his head back, obviously examining the wound on Taecyeon's face. 

'It seems to be healing pretty well, we have to make some more cream and clean it with an elixir to make sure it won't get infected while it's healing.' 

She continued, allowing Taecyeon to tilt his head back down before she picked up his hand, lifting his arm up just enough so she could also get a look at the damaged skin that had been burned when the ship at first been attacked.  Junsu's face went sour as he turned away, if Taecyeon hadn't of protected him at that time, well who knows what could have happened to him, or if he would even be here at the moment.  Turning away from the situation, Suzy eyed the burn thoughtfully before putting it down. 

'All we can do for that is cream, it's gonna leave a heavy scar though, we can't do anything for that.' 

She stated, only glancing in Junsu's direction and then back to Taecyeon who was nodding, 

'I figured that much, it's not like I can't use it though, so that's a good thing.' 

Taecyeon replied with his toothy smile, Junsu managing to turn back again, the cup in hand being lifted to his mouth.  It was warm, and tasted like the green tea the cook back at the castle use to make, so it was much easier to down the whole thing than he thought it would be.  By the time he had finished, everyone seemed to be looking at him again.  He blinked a few times before having to look around, was there something there besides him? He turned back when Taecyeon chuckled, 

'It's so pitiful seeing you this sick my Prince.' 

He spoke, reaching a hand up to ruffle Junsu's hair before shaking his head; Suzy had already turned away and was preoccupying herself with checking out Wooyoung, his arms being lifted, his face scrunching up from a sudden pain, his body unconsciously trying to jerk away. 

'I knew it was to good for you to not be injured, either you have a fracture, or you sprained a part of your arm.' 

Suzy stated, Wooyoung pouting his lower lip, he had obviously been trying to hide it, but couldn't get around it, Suzy already gathering the necessary materials to bind his arm.  By the time she was finished with gather and executing, Junsu was already beginning to feel drowsy, his head nodding a few times, his eye lids feeling heavy; he didn't notice all the eyes on him again as he slowly allowed his head to rest again the table.  Whatever Suzy had given him seemed to be putting him to sleep as well, but it did seem to be helping him feel not as hot...  

'I think it's working...' 

Suzy spoke, tying off the last part of Wooyoung's make shift brace, his arm comfortably bound to his body to keep it still.  She turned back towards Taecyeon and Junsu, approaching the prince who was now practically snoring thanks to his stuffy nose.  Suzy smiled cheerfully, Taecyeon eyeing her with a not so sure look, his shoulder being patted before Suzy took the cup from the table and over to the sink. 

'I put together something that would help his fever go down, but also put him to sleep, he needs to be sleeping that fever out instead of just trying to fight it on his own, and I noticed that with how bad Chansung's doing he get's uncomfortable.' 

Suzy spoke, Taecyeon seeming rather relieved now that the prince was sleeping, even if he was snoring from a stuffy nose and he felt as hot as the fire.  He smiled softly before going to scoop the man up in his arms bridal style, the prince stirring, but remained sleeping as he settled himself comfortably. Suzy had already moved swiftly back to the rooms where the beds were, Taecyeon quickly following suit. 

Once the prince had been settled into his own bed, blankets covering him to the chin and a cold rag placed across his forehead, Suzy stepped back, placing her hands lightly together, she was happy that things were going pretty smooth now, with Taecyeon out of the room, it was rather silent, and peaceful for the three men to be resting in, well that was until she turned and noticed Chansung sitting up.  It practically scared the crap out of her, a gasp leaving her lips and she jumped back at least a few inches.  Chansung of course turned a little, hearing the small noise, his dull eyes, eyeing the girl with amusement, he chuckled.  Suzy sighed heavily, her hand resting on her chest as Chansung pushed the blanket away, though his skin was a pale white, the sheen of sweat on his skin could be seen through the light shining at a certain angle. 

'Are you hurting Chansung?' 

Suzy asked, Chansung rubbing his stomach before he swung his feet over the side of the bed.  Suzy was at his side instantly, her hand pushing at his chest, making sure he stayed sitting on the bed, but also making sure she didn't hurt him.  And even though Chansung grunted out of protest, Suzy placed her free hand on her hips, her head shaking back and forth. 

'If you saw how you looked right now, you wouldn't want to get up.  What do you want, I'll get it for you.' 

She spoke, Chansung glaring up at the girl; her face remained calm, though he pushed her hand out of the way and stood up anyways.  She hissed at him as she grabbed his arm, only to have him jerk it away. 

'I want fresh air, and not just from an open window.' 

He retorted, Suzy narrowing her eyes, but still grabbed his arm and tugged him back.  He obviously forgot how strong the girl could be, even him resisting he could free himself from the girl's grasp.  She shook her head. 

'I'm not supposed to let you leave, remember what happened earlier, you want be throwing up blood later?' 

Suzy asked, her tone serious, Chansung's face too, both of them staring each other down, even when Wooyoung opened the curtain that lead to the room, his throat being cleared catching both of their attentions, their heads turning in the same direction, the smiling Wooyoung using his thumb to point behind him. 

'Hate to interrupt you two, but Sunye just walked in.' 

He spoke, getting a look at Chansung before he frowned, 

'You sure you should be up man?  You don't look so good?' 

Wooyoung asked, Chansung throwing him a glare, only to have it relax when Sunye appeared behind him, moving swiftly around Wooyoung, slightly pushing the man back.  Her face was all smiles as usual as he nudged softly for Suzy to let go of Chansung.  The other female pouted instantly, letting her arms drop.  She was grumbling something about just trying to take care of him, but Sunye seemed to ignore her, she had placed herself next to Chansung's side. 

'How are you feeling Chansung, your sweating pretty bad and your skin is very pale, I can guess you aren't feeling as you normally would.  I can take you too the living room, but nothing past that okay?' 

She spoke, her voice soft, Wooyoung and Suzy obviously rolling their eyes. 

'Sunye, you are way to nice.' 

Suzy spoke, turning on her heels to go into the living room, Wooyoung hesitating for a moment, looking at Chansung who had paused for a moment, his face scrunching up, he had to be in pain, but Wooyoung turned away when Sunye ushered him forward and past the curtains that had been held aside for them. 

Chansung was placed carefully in a chair that had been made up to be comfortable, his head leaning back, eyes closing, a deep being taken in and let out slowly.  Though it was a painful process, Chansung managed to finally relax. 

'This ing !' 

He practically shouted, earning the stares from everyone, his eyes opening as he looked around...  It was the first time he actually got a look at the place around him, and he didn't seem to be surprised about the place, it looked like any normal small village living room...  A burner in the corner, a small sink for the dishes, a few tables; most of them holding medical supplies and some other furniture to make things comfortable.  He let his head roll slightly to the side so that he could see everyone more clearly.  And of course the first person he laid eyes on was Taecyeon...  The giant was already staring in his direction, but he didn't seem to want to say anything, so Chansung rose an eye brow, examining the damaged face, he didn't know the body guard had gotten hurt like that.  He rose a finger to his own face, the exact spot where Taecyeon's injury would be found. 

'That looks bad rust bucket, was the from the explosion?' 

He asked, Taecyeon being brought from his thoughts, blinking a few times before nodding his head, he rose a hand as if he was about to touch the wound, but only hovered carefully over it. 

'I was protecting the prince from the explosion, the debris and flames got me pretty good.' 

He spoke, also revealing the blackened skin on his right arm, Chansung's face scrunching up, it looked painful, but he was sure with all the dead skin on his arm, the only thing probably hurting was face.  Taecyeon tsked loudly, shaking Chansung from his own thoughts, the dark haired man taking notice to the giant again. 

'My problems though are the least to be worried about...  You and June are the bigger problems.' 

He spoke, Chansung shrugging his shoulders up and down lazily, his hand that had been lifted moments ago returning to his face. 

'I've dealt with much worse, I'll be fine by tomorrow...  We need to figure out when's a good time to leave, we can't stay here forever, and staying here longer than needed isn't good either...' 

He spoke, Taecyeon nodding his head in agreement, which Wooyoung came into the conversation then, 

'But what if it takes June longer to get over this sickness, we can't endanger his life, then the whole trip would be pointless.' 

Chansung placed his forehead in the palm of his head, Wooyoung was right, Junsu's well being was more important than moving quickly...  But the longer any of them stayed in one place, the more likely wind of them being their would be spread outside of the tiny village and things could get messy again.  Chansung ruffled his hair and groaned. 

'This is difficult and annoying.' 

Chansung spoke, Sunye suddenly appearing out of no where, a small cup in her hand, she offered it to Chansung, who took it, no questions asked before she disappeared again.  He gulped the stuff down in one go, a huff being exhaled before he gripped the cup, staring down into the empty space, his head slightly tilting, then it rose. 

'Wait.' 

He stated, Taecyeon perking up, Wooyoung doing the same, even Sunye who had busied herself with making things had paused for a moment, Chansung lifted his finger yet again before it landed on the girl that stood half way across the room, her body bent down holding something close to the fire. 

'What if we dragged her along?' 

He asked, all of them turning in her direction, her body standing up straight, turning just in time to meet everyone's gaze.  Her eyes were wide as she looked at everyone. 

'What?' 

She asked, her voice innocent, the object in her hand being held away from her and she looked down to check herself out, everyone turning away then.  Sunye had spoken up then. 

'Her medical abilities and talent maybe useful on your journey as well.' 

She replied, Wooyoung approaching Sunye's side, 

'Are you willing to let her go that easily?' 

He asked, Sunye turning to him, her head shaking back and forth, 

'It's not like that, but all of my girl's have ventured off and one point in time to find themselves, and Suzy is the only girl who hasn't, well her and IU, but IU's not from here so I think she has already found her place here.' 

Sunye continued, Wooyoung giving an intrigued look; Suzy instantly butting in, 

'Are we talking about me here?!' 

She asked, her voice high pitched and annoyed, Sunye reaching out to take the item she held in her hand away, 

'Dear, it's all up to you whether you choose to go out or not, I was only stating what I think.' 

She responded, crumbling up the last ingredient before stirring some and then pulling the spoon out, lips puckering to blow then taste the liquid.  She put the spoon down before turning off the burner. She turned completely to Suzy now, taking the shocked female's hands into hers.  Their eyes met, and silence came between both of them, and it stayed till Suzy pulled her hands away, her head hanging.  She stepped back for a moment with her hands clasped together. 

'I-I need to think about this for a moment,' 

Suzy spoke, Sunye only nodding her head, the female turning away and heading for the door to the outside, that just happened to be opening as the rest of the girl's; including Min, filed in.  All of them stumbling aside as Suzy pushed her way out the door. The girl's turning to watch with curious looks on their faces before turning to Sunye for answers, 

'She's making a life changing decisions.' 

Sunye explained, all of the girl's seeming to get it but Min, who frowned, looking to Wooyoung who waved her over.  Min weaved her way through the girl's and over to Wooyoung, just as Chansung placed both hands on the side of his chair and pushed himself up.  Nobody jumped like he thought they would, so he eyed Taecyeon, the guard standing instantly as well. 

'I want to talk to her...' 

He stated, looking around for any type of shoes while Taecyeon approached him, it was nice that he didn't need to argue with the man for his help, maybe he should look sick and pitiful more often.  He smiled amusingly at his own thoughts before feeling a tug at his clothing. 

'Don't hurt yourself.  Or her,' 

IU, one of the younger girl's spoke, Chansung carefully nodding his head. 

-- 

'Mother, Father...  Big brother.' 

Suzy spoke quietly, her body squatted down, knees pressed to her chest, her hair pressed to the side of her face from the slight drizzling rain.  Her head was tilted slightly to the side, her lips slightly puckered.  Three graves sat silently in front of her, two of them reading names, the smallest one only reading a date, no name engraved onto it.  Suzy sighed heavily as she lifted her head, a breath being through her teeth, 

'I don't know what to do, I feel like I can't leave you guys.' 

She mumbled, biting down on her lower lip, Suzy hissed slightly at herself, tapping the side of her head as she ruffled her hair and grunted frustratingly.  Wrapping her arms around her knees she squeezed them tight, ears slightly perking when the sound of leaves and sticks crunching could be heard behind her.  She chose to ignore it though, her eyes lingering on the blank grave. 

'I'm guessing this is your family?' 

Chansung asked, he was already squatting next to the girl, Taecyeon obviously lingering in the back ground, his feet moving around the contents on the ground while Chansung was with Suzy.  The girl only nodded her head, a a finger pointing at a grave. 

'That's my mother, she was a medic like me...  And that's my father. He was a big help around here when he was alive...  They both died in a tragic accident.' 

She spoke softly, her finger now pointing at the  small grave, it was lingering there and so where her eyes.  Chansung glanced towards Suzy before looking back, his own finger pointing at the grave, 

'Your younger sibling?' 

He asked, Suzy pulling her finger back, her head shaking back and forth, Chansung looked towards the grave again, reading the small numbers on it, it was a date, he wasn't sure why there was only one date though. 

'He was my older brother...  I never got to meet him though, my mother and father said he went missing before I was born, he was the reason my parents died so tragically, someone had told them some info that lead them to believe he was still alive, but it only lead them to death...' 

She spoke, her tone flat, her fists clenching, Chansung bit at the inside of his cheek, showing his understanding by placing a hand on her knee.  He gave her a soft smile before speaking himself, 

'I guess I kind of know how you feel...  I never knew my real parents, or where I'm actually from.  But I think I know how hard it must be for you to leave this place and them behind...' 

Chansung spoke, reaching out a hand to place it on top of Suzy's head, fingers ruffling the girl's hair more, she didn't say anything though, nor did she try to back away, her eyes only gazing at the graves in front of her.  

'I do bet though, your parents would be very encouraging of you to get out and help someone other than in this village.' 

He continued, Suzy turning her head to look at him now, an eye brow rose as she looked him up and down.  Chansung  was sure he didn't look very convincing with his condition, but her expression seemed to become a different one before she leaned close to him. 

'Aren't you a thief?' 

She asked, catching Chansung off guard for a moment, but he managed to regain himself, chuckling at her words. 

'Aha, yes, yes I am.' 

He told her, Suzy carefully nodding her head, Chansung hadn't removed his hand until now, Suzy reaching out to  take it in her hands, squeezing it in her own.  She took a minute to stare at it, 

'You don't feel like a bad person Chansung, nor do you sound like one...  I don't get it.' 

She spoke, slightly to herself, her eyes glancing back at Taecyeon then back to Chansung, she looked curious now before giving his hand back to him.  Chansung couldn't help but look confused, she just shook her head back and forth, turning back to the graves, her hand being placed on the muddy ground where her parents would be buried, she smiled. 

'I've made my decision though...  Thanks for coming out here.'