The Lonely Prince and The Thief

The Lonely Prince and The Thief

 

The prince of Daegu, such a heavy burden to be placed on someone so young, so much to carry that it spills over onto the floor and he only gets a heavy amount of scolding and is never a loud to step even a foot out from the castle, let alone barely his room. Unless a play is to be performed for the nobles, then is he allowed, unless his mother calls upon him, he is not allowed.

A lonely prince since birth has sat upon his chair and stared out the window, wondering about the places in the world that only his book of words could explain to him. Sometimes he would shed a tear when to many thoughts and stress builds and he can barely handle it all. At this, the lonely prince would push open his window, brush away those tears that fall and let the breeze from the mysterious outside blow across his skin as the grounds of the castle would reveal itself to him. He’d huff loudly, and let his eyes scan the scene he could see probably by just closing his eyes, he hated how it was all too familiar. But he would only stare at the vast grounds, all until the door to his room would open.

‘Prince Junsu, your mother requests your appearance, the play is soon to start.’

Taecyeon, His body guard, stood holding the door to his room open firmly, standing aside, awaiting for Junsu’s response, awaiting for him to move from in front of the opened window. Junsu knew he was ignoring the puffy cheeks that Junsu sported, his body guard knew Junsu wouldn’t speak a word of it anyways.

‘Of course. I shall make myself known once I finishing preparing myself. Please tell my mother to wait just a moment longer…’

Junsu instructed, watching the younger man’s startled face, listening to Junsu’s response before stepping back into the door, bowing out of respect. He nodded his head.

‘The information will be given to your mother, please hurry prince…’

Taecyeon informed before stepping out, bowing once more before the door was completely closed, leaving Junsu in his room yet again. The prince sighed, turning back to his window, shutting it silently, closing the curtains so the outside that darkened could not be seen anymore. He quickly moved over to his dresser as he pulled out a long cloak like jacket, throwing it on his made up bed, the cloak sported a light brown in color, something he figured wouldn’t attract attention to himself, he’d seen so many people wearing these down on the parts of the streets of Daegu that he could see, so he found this suitable for his attire for when he managed to get out of this god forsaken castle.

--

‘! That hurt you !’

A young black haired man shouted, a hand rubbing the back of his head, his head tilting back, eyes looking up from his sitting position on the ground, his was hurting right now, and so was the rest of his body. Another man placed himself in front of the sulking man, a grin plastered across his face, his body kneeling down.

‘Trying to toughen you up, but you’re like to be so flimsy!’

He announced, earning a light growl from the young man who placed both hands on the ground and pushed himself up, hands reaching into his back pocket, a small pocket knife being withdrew, his body charging for the taller man, ing the knife forward, towards the thin body. He really thought he had gotten close, but all seemed to fail when a arm launched and the knife was thrown from his fingers and a fist was being shoved into his stomach. The young man was on the ground yet again, his knees hitting the concrete hard, and his lungs gasped for air and began to cough. The other man stood proudly above him.

‘Bwaha! Did you really think you were a match for the Great JYP?!’

He shouted, head being thrown back, laughter filling the air. The young man continued to cough until his breath came back, the pain a light tingle, and his head lifting to reveal determination, eyes glaring at the leg, his hand reaching out, snatching it and tugging hard, JYP’s body hit the ground with a thud, his eyes wide when he felt someone straddling him, pushing the upper part of his body down and a knife coming awfully close to his neck. JYP swallowed, the black haired man above him forming a grin on his lips, fingers JYP’s shirt. JYP stared up at him before laughter filled the air again. The young man beginning to laugh after a long moment of silence, the knife being pulled back, his body standing up and reaching down the grasp at the others.

‘Yah! Chansung! You are becoming such a great fighter! You know exactly what it means to be thief! Not like the other bums in One day who just seem to play around! Maybe it was a good thing I never let you go!’

JYP bellowed, slapping Chansung on the back hard, the other cringing as the pain surged. This man really didn’t know how to be gentle. Chansung only smiled.

‘I did learn from the best.’

He spoke, rolling his shoulders back, trying to rid himself of the pain. Jyp beamed with happiness now, ignoring the pained man as he placed his hands on his hips again, buffing his chest out.

‘Of course you learned from the best!’

He beamed, looking over to Chansung who had disappeared from his side and was picking up the multiple knives that laid spewed across the concrete. The older man frowned. Apparently he hated it when people ignored him, he let his head hang.

‘Yo! JYP! So why don’t you tell me why you actually called me here today? You only spare with me like that when you want a tough mission done..’

Chansung spoke, placing the last of his knives in the side of his boot. He turned back towards JYP as he approached him, a new look on his face, a kind of scary one. This was what Chansung knew as his serious face. He bit his bottom lip.

‘Let’s move back to the base, I’ll explain everything there…’

--

‘Laugh a little Prince Junsu! This play is splendid!’

His mother spoke, waving the fan in her face, filling with laughter as the play went on from down below, three men only seemed to be sword fighting, how his mother found this funny, Junsu would never know. He found it to be a little stupid actually, though he was a pretty big pacifist so he could understand why his feelings towards a simple sword fight from the play were as they were; at least it was fake,

‘Prince?’

Junsu leaned back into his chair, a sigh escaping his lips as his mother looked towards him, her eyes filled with a sort of worry. She did this when she knew Junsu wasn’t paying attention to her. It was her way of telling him to look her way.

‘I’m not feeling to well Mother…’

He announced, a frown forming on his lips, hands placing on his stomach like it was hurting. With how many years in the castle he had spent, Junsu knew all points and keys to being a good actor thanks to the millions of books he had read from the castles library.

Junsu leaned forward, his eyes shutting, actually imagining the pain, his face scrunching up. He felt his mother’s soft hand on his back, her fingers rubbing up and down.

‘Oh dear! Maybe this filthy air has gotten to you! Sir Taecyeon! Approach at once!’

She instructed, Junsu’s body guard instantly at his side, bowing once he approached, the queen looked up, concern full in her eyes.

‘I fear Junsu has taken in way to much of this nasty air that these peasants are giving off. Please carry him to his room and make sure he is given a tea spoon of medicine to help cure his stomach flu…’

She spoke, her hands being removed from his back as Taecyeon saluted, stepped forward. The queen picked up with her fanning as she turned back to the play.

‘I assume you will do as you are told…’

She spoke, Taecyeon scooping the prince up into his arms, bridal style, nodding his head.

‘Of course my queen…’

He replied, adjusting the new weight in his arms before quickly exiting the balcony with the prince held tightly to his chest, all the while, Junsu smiling cheerfully on the inside, his mental happiness beaming. He didn’t think Taecyeon or his mother would fall for it so quickly.

Now, all I have to do is slip away once I’m in my room…

Junsu thought to himself, peaking an eye open; Taecyeon was making his way through the door that had been open by other guards, a smile wanting to grace his face, but Junsu decided to continue playing the sick game for a little while longer; a little too much fun coming out of it.

‘Ahh, Taecyeon slow down please, I fear your haste is causing more pain..’

He groaned, resting his head on Taecyeon’s chest, who on the words immediately slowed his pace.

‘M-My apologies Prince! I didn’t know...’

He spoke, Junsu wincing for the fun of it, feeling Taecyeon tense.

‘You’re voice is so loud!’

Junsu whined, rolling his head, Taecyeon’s worried expression amusing him, his body guard finally approaching his room, slowly taking him to his bed, of course, Junsu had stashed the cloak he had pulled out early behind his pillow, the second part of his plan going smooth, his body being gently placed on the bed, Taecyeon backing away.

‘Alright prince! Please remain in bed while I retrieve the medicine! And if you have to empty your stomach please use to garbage can to your right.’

Taecyeon spoke, saluting before he sprinted out the room. Junsu opened both eyes once the door was firmly shut, his body sitting up, looking all around the room, his ears listening carefully. Not a peep could be heard. Now was his chance.

--

'I fear I can’t keep you in One day any longer…’

Chansung growled, ing his arm into the elbow guard made of metal, his elbow bending to make sure it didn’t restrict movement, the last piece of armor being scooped up off the ground next to an unconscious Daegu guard who twitched slightly. The helmet fit nicely onto his head as he began jumping up and down. The armor fit quite nicely for a man who was a few inches shorter than him! He shivered as a cold chill ran up his spine,

‘Gotta get this over and done with before someone figures out I’m not an actual guard...’

Chansung mumbled, swinging open the door to the closet he had stashed the unconscious guard and dressed himself. He quickly shut it behind him just as another man passed by, he looked to be in much more fancier armor than him. Chansung decided to salute to make it all the more real looking for him. The man stopped and he froze; he couldn’t have blown his cover so soon, could he?

‘You there!’

'I need you to go check on Prince Junsu! He’s come down with an illness and I fear he may be in pain. I have to go get his medicine. Do as I say.’

He spoke sternly, Chansung quickly nodding his head, saluting the other who turned away and marched off; Chansung sniffled,

‘What a stuck up sounding , but he did just make my job all the more easier…

--

‘What the hell do you mean you can’t keep me in One day any longer?!’

Chansung shounted, fists pounding on the table, anger clear in his eyes, JYP leaning back into his seat. He sighed.

‘I didn’t train my off to be a top thief to get kicked out of this group!’

He continued, earning a hand in his face that pushed him back into his seat. He almost got up and tackled the older man, but JYP remained calm.

‘It is because of your new mission that I can’t allow you to be in One Day any longer. ‘

He spoke, that stern look still on his face even when Chansung’s eye brows furrowed and his arms crossed tightly over his chest. JYP nodded his head.

‘You next mission, and your last mission as a member of One Day is to kidnap The Prince of Daegu, and him to Busan...’

JYP spoke, his arms too crossed over his chest. Chansung rose an eyebrow. Now it seemed to become a strange situation.

‘What does this have to do with me being in One day? I can that brat and come back to Daegu couldn’t I? Why would I him to Busan and then just wonder around?’

Chansung asked, leaning forward in his chair. JYP leaned against the table as well, his arms still crossed, elbows placed on the table.

‘Because you see Chansung, once you kidnap the Prince, you will be wanted, they will figure out who you are. So once you get over to Busan, the Daegu knights can no longer touch you, nor can anyone else. You will be a free man. And once you get to Busan, you will hand him over to the Busan knights.’

JYP instructed, pulling a map out from underneath the table, unrolling it so that Chansung could take a good look at it.

‘You are going to take this with you, but I am going to let you get a good look at the path I want you to take…’

JYP continued, pointing at the little red dot that was Daegu.

‘You’re going to come out on the west part of Daegu, traveling along into Gyeongsangbuk-do border crossing it once you reach the end, going from there, you will take the prince south into

Gyeongsangnam-do and from there into Busan. It’s going to be tough, especially on foot, but you will be fully equipped with everything you need, especially the money for inns and food, it shouldn’t cost you much if you go to the inns I’ve marked on these maps where they will charge you pretty much nothing thanks to me knowing just about everyone on this entire continent.’

JYP spoke, looking up from the map to the dumbfounded Chansung who looked a little lost. JYP sighed, placing a hand on his forehead.

‘You’ll get it once you start Chansung, I know you aren’t this dumb.’

JYP spoke, rolling up the map and ing it into his hands,

‘Your stuff is ready for you down stairs, Junho and Wooyoung have been nice to pack it. Oh and also, a carriage will be awaiting you and the prince once you get to the border of Daegu, Wooyoung has arranged it specially for you so that you and the prince don’t have to walk the whole time.’

JYP spoke. Smiling cheerfully at Chansung who stood, an angry face still there.

‘I really hate you old man...’

‘I know you do Chansung. I know you do.’

‘Why the hell am I taking him to Busan anyways!?’

‘That my son… Is classified…’

--

Chansung saluted the man, watching him until he completely disappeared behind large doors before he his heels, a smile spreading across his face as he made his way down the hall. He was glad JYP had told him exactly where the Balcony set, and where the princes room was located. He wasn’t going blind into this so that was a good thing.

Chansung shivered again, feeling a slight breeze run through his body as he climbed the stairs up to Junsu’s room. His nose sniffling as he gazed out a passing window that showed off a pretty night sky. It big time that he had to travel in the cold weather he was feeling. He really hoped to god that stuff Junho and Wooyoung packed him was something he could keep warm with. Chansung shivered again as his head looked up when a soft pitter patter of someone coming down the stairs reached his ears, he narrowed his eyes to look at the figure that was coming down quickly. They wore a white and red cloak that covered almost all of their body, and a nice pair of pants that looked too fancy for the shabby cloack they were wearing. Chansung didn’t move over in time when they came charging down the stairs and both his and this mysterious person’s body came into contact, nearly knocking both of them over. The man yelped and quickly attached himself to Chansung’s armored body.

‘Holy crap! Watch where you are going!!’

Chansung scolded, the person who clung to him quickly backing away, startled by the sudden reaction; the man bowed,

‘S-Sorry! Please excuse me...’

He spoke, sounding in a hurry, his body trying to go around the taller one. Chansung stopped him.

‘Not so fast. What are you doing here in the castle?’

Chansung asked, bending his knees slightly so that maybe he could see the face that was hiding behind the cloak. The man quickly looked away. Chansung rose an eyebrow.

‘I-I’m related to the Prince! I came by to see him! But he is sick so now I must leave!’

He spoke, such a proper and former accented language passing his lips. Chansung knew this to only belong to the nobles of the Daegu kingdom. Even those related couldn’t possibly pin point the prince and his mother’s accent so well. Chansung took a step up, the man took a step up as well. Chansung took in that he was getting frustrated. All Chansung wanted to do was see his face. He had a good suspicion.

‘Then let me see your face...’

Chansung spoke, hands resting on his hips. He was doing this guard thing fairly well, he was pretty sure he was acting like one, trying to protect this castle.

‘Uh that will not be necessary… Please just remove yourself from my path!’

He hissed, stepping down, Chansung doing the same, and this time, when the man turned his head just slightly his way, Chansung got a glimpse of the slightly tanned skin, and the really pretty brown eyes that he knew could only belong to the prince. Chansung’s eyes went wide.

‘Prince Junsu?!’

He asked loudly, earning the other man’s surprise yelp and then a shove to the chest, thank god Chansung had such great balance, but not enough speed to keep himself up and stop the Prince from bursting out in a full run past him and down the stairs. Chansung kept himself from falling off the stairs by grabbing onto the nearest hand rail, pulling himself into a standing position, not taking any time to recover before sprinting back down the stairs. What the hell was the Prince doing? Especially running around in that cloak?

--

Junsu jumped off the last step at the bottom, his feet slipping slightly, but he managed to keep his balance and continue running. How the hell could he be so careless to let one of his mother’s guards see his face! He was so close. Junsu groaned, still running as he took a left into the hallway leading to the kitchen. He knew once there he could take the back door out and finally be outside! Once outside he could make his way into the city and none of the guards would be able to find him.

‘Prince!’

The guard behind him shouted, causing Junsu to pick up his step, though his breath labored, a pain running through his chest, legs taking him as fast as he could down the hall way, the thud of boots being heard behind him.

‘How the heck is he so fast?!’

Junsu asked aloud, continuing to run, the door way to the kitchen coming into view. He felt happy. Until the door opened and Taecyeon walked out backwards carrying a bowl of soup and medicine on a tray. Junsu couldn’t stop now. Taking a dive past the body guard, the tray he had been carrying flew directly into the air when Junsu brushed past his guard’s legs, tipping him off balance and sending him and everything he had been carrying to the ground. Junsu rolled until he could push himself off the ground. He didn’t notice the hood fall from his head. Taecyeon’s quick reaction bringing himself to his feet just as fast as Junsu. His guard stood dumbfounded behind him.

‘P-Prince Junsu?!’

Taecyeon stuttered, he was covered in soup and pink medicine. Junsu didn’t have time to be scared or frozen, he only stared apologetically over his shoulder for a second before taking off through the kitchen. Chansung entered the kitchen at that time, sprinting past Taecyeon, looking over his shoulder as well.

‘Don’t worry sir! I have got him!

Chansung shouted, following Junsu into the middle of the crowded kitchen that bustled with many different cooks that both Junsu and Chansung pushed aside.

Junsu managed to get the hood back on his head as he pushed aside another cook, doing his best to get through the kitchen as fast as he could. He knew he was so close to the end, but he also knew the guard was close on his heels. He wished he could be faster, but he felt his body beginning to give out on him.

‘Prince Junsu stop! Hold up for a second!’

The guard behind him shouted. Junsu let it go in one ear and out the other as he finally pushed aside one more cook and the opened door to the outside came into view. He was almost there, his feet picking up, eyes closing as he used his strength to push himself to the door, all he had to do was get out the door and shut it, if he remembered correctly the door actually lock when slammed, and that would buy Junsu a little more time to get into town.

Junsu held his plan firmly in mind as he got closer to the door, feeling the soft air against his soft skin, and he was about to reach out for it, his hand just about to be around the door handle when he felt someone tackle him, his body tipping over, his body going sideways as him and the other guard tumbled out of the kitchen and to the outside, right directly into a push. Junsu had been caught.