Suddenly...

If Fate Allows It

Fast Forward 8 months later…

I’d be lying if I said being Kwon Yuri’s boyfriend wasn’t the most worthwhile thing in the world. Every new day with her is a new adventure. You have no idea how lucky I am to be hers. To be the one by her side. The one that she can depend on. Man, if I had known we would be this happy when I was falling, I wouldn’t have guarded myself so much.  

I love everything about her. Her eyes are always shinning with excitement. Every time she smiles, there are tiny, almost invisible wrinkles under her eyes that just steal my heart. Her laugh is absolutely the most adorable thing about her. She is my joy and the reason why I smile everyday.

We were meeting up for our eight-month anniversary. I had a day at the amusement a park planned. Then we would have a romantic dinner with a view of the Han River.  I was hoping everything would be perfect and movie like.

I kept my outfit simple. A black jumper and beanie to bear the harsh elements of a cold winter day. I had the flowers and tickets ready. I took our couple ring off the chain around my neck and put it on my ring finger. We agreed on meeting each other at the amusement park gate. I took the bus as an attempt to blend in with the crowd. I got off a few blocks down from the park and started making my way towards the gate.

I found myself a nice bench that was soaking up some well-deserved sunlight. I took a look at my watch, 10:30. Perfect timing. We planned to meet up at 10:45. I pulled my phone out and started playing angry birds. After awhile of playing, it seemed like I was the only one who was angry and not the birds. I took another look at my watch; it was now 11:15… Where was she?

It’s okay my son, patience is a virtue, I thought to myself. I sat patiently for her and little did I know, another hour had passed, then another hour and another hour. This was so unlike her. She would have texted or called me if anything came up. I called her but I was greeted by a voicemail.

In a panic, I called Taeyeon. I anxiously held my breath as with each ring of the phone.

“Yobosaeyo?” she answered on the fourth ring.

“Tayeon-ah, is Yuri with you?” I asked urgently. I think my heart stopped beating for a second.

“Anniya… wae?” She asked with concern. I didn’t know what to do. My head was overflowing with horrible scenarios of what could have gone wrong…

“We were supposed to meant up for our eight month anniversary… but she never showed up… it’s been nearly four hours since we were supposed to meet up… Does she have any schedules today, Taeyeon” I started speaking before my thoughts became incoherent.

“Ahh, jincha?? We had no schedules today… it was our free day…oppa I’ll call you if I find anything out, arachi?”

“Araseo… bye” I said before hanging up the phone. I called Yuri a few more times to no avail. She was ignoring my phone calls and text messages. What’s going on… if she doesn’t want to be found or contacted… maybe I should let her be. I shouldn’t jump to silly conclusions anyways.

I spent the rest of my day by the Han River. I don’t know how long I was there, I just know it got dark, I was freezing and hungry all at the same time. So I decided to pay halmoni a visit. I ordered an espresso and some ddukbbokki to warm myself up. I was halfway through my meal when I felt my phone vibrate. And the next thing I saw broke my pitiful little heart.

From Jagiya :

Oppa, let’s break up.

I was trying to fight all the emotions that came raining down on me…  so this is how it is… it ended where it all began…