Yuri's Feelings

If Fate Allows It

Yuri's POV

 

After my talk with Narsha unnie and Sunny unnie, I couldn't sleep a wink. The next morning I woke up with dark circles under my eyes, a swollen face (I probably should have eaten that ddukbokki ramen last night). I looked terrible, the result of tossing and turning all night. Luckily, I don't have any schedules until this evening.



I grabbed my handphone from the night stand and went into the messages section. I sighed when I saw ______ oppa's name. His name was all the way at the bottom of the list due to the lack of messages.
 


I don't know how everything happened, because it went by so fast. It was like God decided to fast-forward my life for a bit. This whole situation feels like a cruel joke God is playing on me.



This may sound like I stole a page out of a drama script, but you really don't know what you have until you lose. That's how I feel about _____ oppa. I didn't realize my feelings for him until it seemed like we cut off communication.
 


There are some nights that I spend analyzing where thing went wrong between us. Was it me? Did I do something, or did he have no interest in me to begin with? I spent countless hours replaying my memories in my head over and over again, trying to look for mistakes.



Questions like: I am I too boring? I am not pretty? I am not a good friend? I am I not fun to talk to? Were always on mind. I've never felt this self-conscious before, especially for a boy.



Maybe Narsha unnie is right, I should take initiative. I can do anything; I'm Sonyuh Shidae Kwon Yuri! Let's do thi--… I lost my train of thought when the door creak open. It was none other than kid leader, Taeyeon unnie.



"Yuri-ahhh~ oh you're awake! Want to eat breakfast with Hyoyeon and I? The others already went to their schedules," she asked me with a bright smile. I returned her smile with a goofy grin and nodded.



"De~ let me wash up first. I'll be out in a few" I said, getting up from my bed. I was in and out of the bathroom in a flash and was in the kitchen before you could say "jigeumeun Sonyuh Shidae~!"



"Yuri annyong~" Hyoyeon greeted me. I gave a her smile and sat beside her.



"So, Taengjumma what’s for breakfast today?" I asked cheekily. She whipped her head in my direction and glared intensely at me. Then she turned back to her cooking.



"Omelet fried rice" she informed me, causing a big fat smile to spread across my face.



"Assa, my favorite! Taeyeon jjang! KIM-TAE-YEON-SA-RANG-HAE!" I chanted with glee.



"de de de I know," she said as she brought over bowls and the pan. Aigoo, it looks so good! I can't wait to eat! Hyoyeon passed me a plate which I took happily, waiting patiently to dig in. “Cha, let’s eat!”

 

“Deee~ I’ll eat well” Hyoyeon and I said together. I quickly spooned some into my bowl and I inhaled it hungrily. As I ate I thought about everything once more. Maybe I should ask Taeyeon unnie and Hyoyeon for advice.

 

“Mmm… Unnie, can I asked you something?” I stopped eating for a moment and asked them quietly. They nodded their heads; their eyes seemed to be filled with concern. “Well, do you think it is okay for a girl to pursue a boy?”

 

“It depends, are you speaking hypothetically or you talking about yourself?” Taeyeon asked sternly. Ah, as expected from our adorable kid leader… I raked my hand through my hair nervously before answering her question.

 

“… Me…” I said quietly. Hyoyeon and Taeyeon started to squeal with excitement in contrast to Taeyeon’s earlier tone.

 

“Wowwwww, Yuri-ah?! Who is he!!!” Hyoyeon asked playfully much to my surprise. I looked at them wide eyed.

 

“No, no no… we will talk tonight, with all the girls. Arachi?” Taeyeon cut Hyoyeon off. I nodded my head.

 

That Night: SNSD Dorm, After Dinner

 

As usual, the dorm was bustling with noise. The girls were scrambling about doing their own thing before the nightly bonding session the girls had. Hyoyeon and the Maknae were washing the dishes while Taeyeon and Sunny were clearing the table. Yoona and Jessica were setting out the cushions in the living room.  Yuri and Sooyoung were in the pantry looking for snacks to munch on, while Fany was cutting some fruit.

 

“Girls! Five minutes!” Taeyeon yelled to the girls as she saw Hyoyeon and Seohyun finishing up the dishes. Everyone started to clamber to the living room. In just five minutes flat, all the girls managed to gather in the living room, their jobs finished. Fany passed the two plates of fruit around the circle for the girls as they started to talk about their days. The house filled with giggles and giddy laughter.

 

“Girls, I want to ask your advice about something” Yuri said hesitantly as the conversation drifted to boys. All the girls looked at Yuri curiously, with playful smiles adorned on their faces; aside from Seohyun and Taeyeon who both looked genuinely concerned.

 

“Mmm, what is it about Yuri-ah? Is it a boy~~~” Tiffany cooed jokingly, flashing Yuri an eye-smile.  Tiffany’s comment consequently caused the girls to break out into girly, little giggles. Yuri looked down at her hands, biting down on her bottom lip shyly.

 

“Umm, actually yeah it is…” Yuri mumbled to no one in particular.

 

“Who?! Who is he?” along with a chorus of “oo’s” came from the girls. All eyes were undeniably on Yuri.

 

“Actually, my first question is do you guys think it's okay to for a girl to pursue a boy” She asked timidly.

 

“Of course it is! This the twenty first century! You can’t expect these stupid boys to chase after you… they’re too damn shy” Hyoyeon exclaimed adamantly. There was a collective nod of heads around the room and murmurs of agreement.

 

“Agreed! Boys these days are so blind and don’t know how to take initiative. AISH!” Tiffany added enthusiastically. Then she gave Yuri a suspicious smile and asked, “Soooooo, who is he?!”

 

“Kim __________” Yuri stated blatantly.

 

“Omo! __________?! He’s cutie,” Jessica said.

 

"Yeah, his eye-smile is almost as adorable as Fany's," Yoona added.

 

“Awww, our Yuri is all grown up! She’s a woman now,” Sooyoung said with a cheeky smile.

 

“Yah, Choi Sooyoung! I’m older than you!” Yuri snapped.

 

“Hehe, I wouldn’t be bragging about that if I was you! Merong!” Sooyoung said, bringing laughter to the girls.

 

“YAH!!!!” Yuri yelled, holding up a defensive fist.

 

“Anyways, I think you should ask him on date. NOW.” Sunny said casually, earning the agreement of the girls.

 

“Araseo, I’ll text him. Thanks for the advice girls. I love you guys” Yuri said with a bright smile. Not too soon after that, Yuri pulled out her phone and started writing a text message.

 

Oppa! Let’s grab coffee! When are you free? ^_____^