He was flying

FLY

 

I was walking to Soyeon's house that night. 

I was supposed to hangout with her since her parents weren't there for the weekend. 

I happened to pass by a street court. It was pretty lively. 

I walked in and joined the crowd.

They were having a street dance battle.

 

I got caught up with this crew who was dancing. They ended with one of their members doing an aerial back flip.

The crowd went wild. 

I saw him. 

I saw how he was smiling as he was suspended in the air. 

Such freedom in him. It captivated me. 

 

"hey where have you been?" Soyeon asked as I got into their door.

              "I was watching a dance battle." I answered. "since when have you interested in dance battles?" She scoffed. "since now." I smiled. "oooh." She hummed, "is there something I should know?" she teased. 

"yes." I answered with my eyes gleaming as I remembered him "I like they guy I just saw. He was flying." 

"flying?"

"yeah."

"Oh Haemi, you're crazy."

 

 

 

              I'd always pass by that same court everyday before going to school and on the way home. Even if it wasn't in my way, I never failed, hoping to see him again. 

I got lucky today.

He was there all alone kicking himself to the wall practicing his stunts. I watched from afar with a smile on my face. I loved the way how he manoeuvred midair. Seeing him do those stunts made my heart flutter in excitement. I wanted to get close to him but I didn't have any reason to.  

I had an idea. 

I ran to the nearest vending machine and bought a cold drink.

I breathed in and marched my way towards him.

"hi." I greeted. He looked at me as if I broke his daydream.

"I-I-I was just passing by and … Y-y-you look really tired. You've been working hard… and- and -- and--- here." I said handing him the drink. 

He smiled at my embarrassment. I couldn't believe that I stuttered in front of him. "thanks." He smiled. "y-y-you're welcome." I bowed hiding my blushing face. 

"you are?" he asked, waiting for me to introduce myself. "I'm Oh Haemi. I watched you're dance battle the other day." I bowed 90 degrees. "you did? I'm Kim Yukwon." He said offering me his hand. I shook on it. I was going to melt.

"yes, nice to meet you." I smiled at him.

"so, what can you say about the battle?" he asked.

"you guys were great. Especially your aerial flip. It was daebak!" I praised him. He was really pleased with what I said 

 

              "hey what's up with you?" Soyeon asked when she caught me day dreaming in class. I put my head down on my table. "I got to talk to him." I hummed.

"who?"

"the guy from that dance battle."

"really? You're really going after that guy?"

"he was so nice~" it was as if I was high.

"snap out of it girl. He might be someone weird."

"no he's not."

"how are you so sure."

"I just am." 

 

             Mom wasn't home yet. She told me she was going to have a date with Mr. Kim tonight. I hope I can snag the Mr. Kim of my life as well. Kim Yukwonie~ be mine~ ♡

Cut the crap out. I shook my head. 

Mr. Kim, the therapist; My mom and Mr. Kim worked at the same hospital. that’s where they met each other. I don't have anything against Mr. Kim. He was nice and he brought me a lot of stuff when he'd come and visit. 

He really made my mom happy and that as what's important. 

And my dad? Don't worry. I knew him. We were in good terms. I'd go and visit him sometimes. But he was a busy man. He buried himself under his work after they got divorced. 

 

 

-----------------------------------

  

Mianhe to myself and to you who read this. .__. it was fast and really disoriented kind of. my ideas were scattered. 

don't worry. I promise to keep trying harder to make this interesting. i assure you it will! 

PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE.