Eight

My Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ღ Chapter Eight ღ

 

The lady behind the counter at the cupcake shop gave me weird looks the whole time I was there, probably because I was glaring at every single cupcake as if it had personally done me wrong.

“What is the event for the cupcake?” she asked, trying to help me make my decision.

“Fake anniversary,” I replied, shortly. She gave me yet another weird look, but I had already found the perfect cupcake. “I would like that one,” I said.

The cupcake I was pointing at was chocolate flavored and gigantic, and piece of brownie shaped like a heart was perched in creamy vanilla icing. It was adorable. Most importantly, I knew that Kris liked chocolate. He might as well as get to enjoy the cupcake since I was about to embarrass him like no one’s business. 

“You have a good eye, Miss,” the lady told me, boxing it up. She ran up the purchase and I almost had a heart attack. That much for a cupcake? Was the flour mix made of gold? As a working college student, I didn’t have money like that to blow on cupcakes. Whatever, Lu Han had better reimburse me for this.

I took my sweet time getting to the SME office, dragging my feet. Maybe it was time for me to put my acting skills to good use and see just exactly how convincing I could be. Behind the building, I sent Minjung a text, and a moment later, she came down to meet me, opening the back door.

“This is so exciting!” she said, pulling me up the back stairs. “I feel a secret agent or something, you know? They’re all warming up in the practice room right now. Aren’t you excited, Jae-in?”

“Ah, neh,” I agreed, following up.

She pulled to a stop outside of the room, and pointed at my box. “Well, let’s see it!” she exclaimed. I opened it, taking out the single big cupcake inside. “It’s perfect,” she laughed, clapping her hands. “It’s so…Kris. It’s perfe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter