Four

My Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ღ Chapter Four ღ

 

He tricked me into meeting her. I hate him. I hate him so much that I love him. Maybe I just hate myself.

He had texted me to bring him and Yixing smoothies after work, and I had done just that. I knew how much Yixing loved them, and I also knew how much he would need it to recharge for more dance practice.

This time, Yixing seemed surprised to see me, almost unhappy. “Thanks, noona,” he said cautiously, taking the cold drink from me.

“Yeah, thanks, Jae.” Lu Han took his, and went to put his water bottle down on the ground.

“Are you staying to watch us practice?” Kris interrupted, tone sharp.

“Why? Don’t want me seeing you mess up a million times?” I shot back.

“No, but it’s going to get hot and stuffy in here,” Yixing added hurriedly. “Maybe you should go.”

“Well geez, if you’re that desperate to get rid of me-” At that moment, the door to the practice room opened, and I realized exactly why Kris and Yixing had been trying to get me to leave.

Two girls had walked in carrying gym bags and water bottles, and Lu Han’s face had lit up like a Christmas tree.

“Ah, Minjung-ssi,” he called, waving at a tall, blond girl.

I froze, immediately wanting to bolt, but fear held me in place.

“Lu Han sunbae, annyeong,” Minjung bowed, and her straight blonde hair swooped in front of her pretty face. She looked a lot like After School’s Nana, and I wanted to hurl. So this was the type of girl that Lu Han liked? The blonde princess type?

“Jae-in ah, come here. Come meet some of our trainees. This is Sara Lee, and this is Shim Minjung.” Lu Han had pulled me in front of the girl and there was nothing I could do except bow and smile.

Up close, Minjung was even more flawless. She was also wearing heels, which made her a few inches taller than me. She gave me a small smile, and crooked her head slightly. “Ahh, nice to meet you. Sorry, but you are…?”

“I’m…ah…” I trailed off, not sure exactly what to say. I didn’t want to say best friend, because I didn’t want Minjung to think that Lu Han and I were particularly close.

Lu Han also seemed to at a loss as well, stuttering a response. “Jae-in is my….she’s ah…she’s Kris’ girlfriend.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter