Twenty-three

My Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ღ Chapter Twenty-three ღ

 

Kris

“What do you think you’re doing, Lu Han?” My steady voice surprised even me as it boomed across the room. How I managed to stay so calm at this point was beyond me. 

“I just confessed to my best friend,” Lu Han replied, turning and meeting me eye to eye. “I know you love Lee Jae-in, but I’m not going to let her go without telling her my true feelings. What she does after this is her decision.”

I thought that over for a moment. Now Lu Han had decided that he wanted Jae-in?  Suddenly, after pushing her away for months, if not years, he decides that he wants her?

“All you do is make her cry.” My voice rose audibly, and a door opened down the hall. Jongdae poked his head out with a worried glance, not really understanding the conversation that we were having in Chinese.

“M-make her cry?” Lu Han repeated, confused.

Really? Was he that dense that he didn’t even know how much Jae-in loves him?  Or was it loved, past tense?

“What right do you have to confess to her?” I yelled, anger bubbling to the surface. 

“I can make her happy,” Lu Han countered, stepping up to me angrily. “Who are you to judge what rights I have? She’s my best friend.”

“I’m the guy who’s always been there for her when you were too blind to see her!”

By now, Yixing was in the hallway too, head turning back and forth as he watched his two hyungs yell at each other.

My face was right to up Lu Han’s, and my height gave me the added advantage. As I glared down at him, I suddenly had the urge to break his perfect little nose. As the Dui Zhang of EXO-M, that was not the right kind of mindset for success.

Calm, Wu Yi Fan. Deep breaths. Manager hyung will not forgive you if you damage prettyboy's face.  

“And you think you can give her what I can’t?” Lu Han challenged, voice dropping menacingly. To his part, he didn’t back down, and met me glare for glare.

Chen finally decided that he had had enough.

“Alright, you two, break it up,” he called, squeezing between us and shoving us each a step back. We both turned to him in surprise. Jongdae never gets mad, and he never got this loud. “Go to your room, Lu Han.”

It was almost absurd to hear Jongdae bossing his hyungs around like that, but maybe the shock was what made Lu Han listen to him. He gave me one more dirty look, then turned away.

“Yixing, go with him,” Jongdae commanded. He was younger than Yixing too, but Yixing didn’t dare question him.  He only nodded, and started after Lu Han.

It was only then that Jongdae lowered his voice.

“Hyung.” He said, patting me softly on the shoulder. “Let’s switch rooms tonight, okay? You can sleep in my bed tonight; I think you and Lu Han hyung need to be separated for a bit.”

“You’re right,” I si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter