One

My Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ღ Chapter One ღ 

 

To say that we had a long history wouldn’t be completely accurate. We had met by coincidence on an airplane from Beijing, headed for Incheon International Airport. Fate had it so that we were sharing a double seat, and I had been nice enough to trade the aisle seat so that he could stretch out his legs.

We were each on that plane for our own reasons.

I was Korean by blood, but had been studying abroad in Beijing for the last four years of my life. My parents had gotten divorced when I was little, and my dad, the one who raised me, gave me a lot of freedom with my life. I had just graduated high school in China at age 18, and had gotten into Seoul National University, where I was to start attending in the fall.

Hello, my name is Lee Jae-in.

On the other hand, he was going to Korea as an exchange student at Yonsei University. The real reason he was in Seoul, however, was to chase his dreams of being a singer. He was easily the most perfect looking boy that I had ever met, and I knew immediately that we were going to be friends.

His name is Lu Han. Does that name sound familiar? It should.

Because Lu Han barely spoke any Korean and didn’t know his way around Seoul, I showed him around, introduced him to all the best restaurants and shopping malls. I was only a few months younger than him, and we got along like we had known each other for centuries.  

When he was lonely, when he was homesick, I was the one that was always there for him. And whenever I was having a hard time in school or having fights with my father, he was there for me.

My biggest mistake? Falling in love with my best friend.

It seems as if you have found my journal. So…this is my story.

 

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------

“Noona! Hey noona!”

My h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter