Painted in the Sky

Without U
9 Months later

"OPPA! Where are you taking me?" IU struggled under my tight grasp, and fumbled with the blindfold, "At least take this thing off of me!"

I chuckled to myself at her whining which I find so adorably cute, "Aweh, mianhae, but I swear you'll like it, just a few more minutes."

With my hands covering her eyes, I slowly led her forward to the top of the hill where I spent most of this whole week preparing. Anxiety and nervousness poured over me, I'm afraid that she won't like it, it's the least I could do to show her how much I love her.  

"We're here." I whispered softly in her ear, enjoying the slight tremble she couldn't hold back and slowly took of the blindfold.

 

IU's POV
 

I felt Wooyoung's warm breathing on my neck as he whispered,"We're here", the unmistakably pleasurable chill went down my back, even after this long, even from the very beginning, his every touch would still send tingles all over my body.  And soon, light crept up under the dark blindfold, slowly, slowly...

I nearly fainted at the sight.

We were on the top of a hill, and below, the entire Seoul is under my eyes with it's bright neon signs and flashing headlights. But I felt different here, we were so close, yet so far from the chaos beneath us, yet I couldn't take any of those in, it felt so quiet and nice up here. Just Wooyoung and I, alone in our own world.

The widest smile spread across my face knowing that I have him by my side, and I sighed in contentment as my eyes slowly started to droop.

"Not yet IU-ah, there's more. In 3.."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"..2"

There's more?

"...1"

A thunderous boom shot across the sky, followed by numerous little streaks running down. Followed by another boom, and another.

Fireworks!

The sky was filled with colored streaks, dancing this way and that.

Then, with a last final boom, one golden streak shot up in the air, slowly forming into words that caught my breath.

Painted on the dark night sky, written in the most elegant handwriting,

"IU, Saranghae."

I felt tears racing with each other down my face as I glued my eyes on those words and felt warm, comforting hands wrapping themselves around me.

"Do you like it?" I heard Wooyoung's voice ask nervously.

I turned my head around to see his beautiful face, with his adorable chubby cheeks, warm brown eyes and baby pink lips. Those early days, where I was too shy to make a move and could only watch from afar, waiting for him to make the first move. The over excited feeling when he finally confessed, made me feel so appreciated and lucky, to have him in my life. So in reply, I titled my head forwarded and connected my lips to his, and he eagerly replied back. Electricity shot through me, after all the months we've been together, with the numerous kisses we've shared, every single time, he still manages to make me melt like a icicle on a hot summery day.

"I love it." And smiled at the goofy smile that was quickly plastered on his face.

But yet, I cringed at the dreadful thought that I tried so hard to fight back through out the day. This was way to romantic to even dare think about that. But I couldn't escape from reality, I couldn't escape from the fate that I was forced upon. As much as I wanted to say to him the words written by the fireworks, I can't. That'll only hurt both of us, especially him, much more than what he deserves. Tomorrow is approaching too fast.

I would tell you I love you Wooyoung, but then I'll have to leave.

So instead, I enveloped myself in this moment, in hope that it'll last forever.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: :'( I feel so bad for Wooyoug-ie, you'll see why. :/ 
        On a side note, you probably won't hear from IU's POV anytime soon, it'll mainly be Wooyoung


          COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, AND TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS OR SUGGESTIONS PLEASE! :* muah~