Chapter 5

Without U

The sun peeked through the curtained window, and I hesitantly dragged myself from bed. I rubbed my eyes with such force as the events from yesterday slowly started to replay themselves in my head.

I laughed them off.

Aigo, I really need to get some rest, it’s seriously messing up my head. Ji Eun breaking up with me?! Ah, that’s funny.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw the flashing green light of my phone. Nothing terribly special there, I get a good morning text from IU practically every day. But nonetheless, these small sweet actions still made me jumped to excitement in being able to engorge myself in the thought that I’m the first person she thinks of when she wakes up. I snatched the phone from the bedside table and opened the text.

“YAH BABO, WAKE UP! >.<”

Aweh, arrogant IU, how cute~

“IT’S YOUR TURN TO WASH THE DAMNED DISHES, IT’S STARTING TO SMELL”

I sniffed the air. Ugh. I really should wash them soon, the fact that it could pass all the way to our room proves how dirty it must be. But…wait, how did she know? Odd.

“AND TELL CHANSUNG TO MOVE BACK TO YOUR ROOM, HE’S SUFFOCATING ME HERE.”

Ehehe, exactly why I made him mo-. Wait, what? WHAT THE CHANGSUNG, YOU , YOU SLEEPING WITH MY GIRL?

Outraged, I had the urge to chuck my phone out of the window, WHAT THE HELL, YOU BANANA LOVING SIMPSON RETARD, WHO THE HELL GAVE YOU PERMISS- Suddenly, something caught my eye, on the top of the screen, beside “From”, written clearly was the words,

“Junho”

Eh? Junho sent this? What happened to IU’s text though?

Quickly, panic swept over me as I scrolled along my inbox, nothing from her in 2 days, my eyes landed on the countless messages that were sent to her from me yesterday. The message from Junho was sent at midnight yesterday, why I didn't see that?

It can’t be true. She can’t be breaking up with me.

Quickly barging out of my room, I yelled at my members, “Have you seen IU anywhere?”

I watched in frustration as the members all looked at each other with nervousness and all of turned to face me with pity clearly written across their faces. I vaguely took notice that Nichkhun was absent.

"O-omo, good morning Young-ie. We thought that you would've slept longer. " Junsu said, barely looking at me in the eye.

"Why would I do that?"

"Yah hyung, I know this is hard on you, but you know you can always talk to us about it." Chansung said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I looked at him with my eyebrows furrowed, "What are you talking about?"

"Yea, don't carry the burden only on your self. It wasn't your fault." Junho added.

Frustrated, I slightley snapped, "Am I missing something here? What's going on!?"

Taecyeon looked at me in confusion, "IU-shi, she didn't say anything yesterday?"

"Well, she did. But I'm sure that was just my imagination. Aish, that reminds me. We really need to slim down our schedule a bit, I'm hallucinating. I had a memory that IU said she's breaking up with me on her way abroad. HAH, JUST HOW HILARIOUS IS THAT?" I chuckled slightley.

"Uhm hyung, you weren't hallucinating." Chansung said, handing me his IPHONE, "This. Just came on Allkpop today."

I took his phone, curious to see what he wanted to show me.

"Korea's little sister IU, officially breaking up with Wooyoung?

The news were confirmed today, as IU calmly stated to the reporters when asked about her current relationship with 2pm's Jang Wooyoung, that she, was no longer in a relationship with him.

"We broke up only yesterday."

No more information was provided for this sudden shock to all Hottests and IU's supporters, the breakup was very sudden and no explanation was provided. "

Clang.

The phone dropped on the floor as my hands went limb. I was only fooling myself by comforting myself that I was imaginating things. Everything that I thought happened, happened. And I can no longer do anything about this.

A gust of anger rushed through me. I was never someone weak, all those years, multiple obstacles came in my way, and I manged to pull through them. But this time, I have sank this low . And it was because of one single girl.

But how can she just leave without offering any reasons why?

That's heartless, that's cruel.

I never knew she was able to manage being this cold hearted, that innocent face of hers was just a disguise, to get hopeless guys like me.  Fine then, I guess breaking up was better, it was going to end badly someday anyway, why not sooner before my feelings gets deeper.

I gave you everything IU, and you just threw them all away like that. But I won't collapse. I can live without you. I can live better. I can be as free as I want. I'll live.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That night, I went straight to the club. I drank countless bottles, hitted on every single girl that came across my view, and tasted thousands of lips on mine. But none of 'em felt right, none of 'em felt like hers.

But I kept on going, and for days, that's all that I did. I avoided calls from my members, and drank my self to sleep every night on the bar table.

Until one day, I was puking my guts out in the washroom. On my walk back, I bumped into a petite figure.

"Yah! Watch i-!"

My slurred speech abruptley stopped as I looked up, and there she was.

Her face full of mixed emotions, and she quietley whispered, "Wooyoung."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: >.< Sorry, there wasn't much development in this chappie until the very last part, I had to have this in order to get to the point where i want it to be without rushing it. Butyea, here's chapter 5 for y'all~ :D SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT, AND HELP ME IMPROVE. thankyou my dear readers~ :')  The image is currentley my background, i made it my self :'D ahah, yea, i know it's pretty bad, it's just a jumble of extremely cute pics of IU and wooyoung, just wanted to show you guys the whole thing. XDD

On a side note, THANKS SO MUCH TO SHIRO-CHAN FOR THE AMAZING POSTER, if you havn't seen it, it's up on the forewords GO CHECK HER OUT-"PaintMyWorldBrighter"