Empty Inbox

Without U

My mind went numb, frozen in the shocked state she left me in.

"Break...up...?" The cold, unfamiliar words tumbled out of my trembling lips as I watched the figure that became like breathing to me, disappear into the vast, empty entrance.

I nervously chuckled to myself, "It, It must be a joke. She's you know, she's always been a joker." But deep inside, I knew it was useless to keep pursuing, comforting my own self in a pretty much hopeless case. But I was too much of a coward to face the cruel truth.

I pity my own self, being so helpless when your source of life and air just walked out on you, and unable to do anything.  JI II II pi

I pity myself. For falling head over heels, and ending up with nothing again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "Jang Wooyoung! Get your over here NOW." I heard several hyungs yell all at once from the distant room down the dorm and slowly dragged myself to prepare for an hour long lecture.

"WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU BABO!? Do you have any idea how important the photo shoot was?" Taec towered over me and spat with his booming voice, but then his facial softened a bit and he signed, "Yah Wooyoung, I know IU-shi is like. Life to you. But you have to take care of your career as well. Think of it like this, you won't be able to take care of her if your career falters, right?"

I put on a fake smile and tried my most cheerful voice that I could pull off, "Aye Aye hyung! Sorry 'bout today, that...won't happen again." My voice cracked slight bit on the last few words when the truth dawned on me. I won't possibly ever be able to get yelled by my members about throwing away our schedules for IU, as much as how amazing that sounds. I wanted to crawl in my bed and bawl my head off.

"I..uh, I think I'm gonna go to bed early."

"It's the middle of the day hyung..." Junho pointed out.

"Of course I know that, do I look blind to you?! I'm just tired that's all." I snapped back at him.

Junho shrinked away while muttering something unintelligible, everyone followed. Except for one.

"Yah, you okay?" Nichkhun asked, putting a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"Hm" I nodded, trying to get away from him while holding tears back.

He pulled me back, "No. You are definitely not okay." He turned me to face him, searching in my eyes for a possible answer and whispered, "Did something happen?"

I shook my head. But a single tear can't help itself but escape from my watery eyes. I quickly rubbed it off, in hope that Khun didn't see.

He saw, but said the most unexpected, "Alright young-ie, I won't ask. But you know that I'll always be here for you right?"

I smiled through now the steady flow of tears down my face, "Thanks hyung."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 text messages.

I fell back into the bed with the phone in my hands, staring at those 3 dreaded words.

Through out the day, I turned from depressed, to pure anger, then desperate.

"IU-shi, tell me what's wrong, I'll do anything to fix it!"

"It's a joke right? Tell me it's a joke!"

"AISH. LEE JI EUN! ANSWER MY TEXTS!"

But nothing. Nothing ever replied back. Lost hope, I started to scroll through my phone, and my eyes landed on the text messages that we had sent back and forth to each other only a day ago. It wasn't filled with my one sided desperate texts.

"Oppa, heard you were sick, get well soon! :)", "Good luck on your concert today, I'll be cheering for you~", "Good night my dear youngie, sweat dreams! :*"

More and more of those messages came up, and more and more of my tears flowed down.

What happened? Everything was great just the night before. I really miss her.

I sat up determined, and started to punch the keys on my phone with such force and speed.

"IU, tell me what's wrong. Please don't just turn away from me and leave like that. If I have done anything wrong, tell me. Anything. Just please tell me. Go through your messages, see those? What happened to those days? Those feelings we had, were they just a joke? The dates we had, did you forget all of them? Every single time I said I love you, did you just simply ignore them? Cause I didn't, my feelings were true and passionate, the dates were thoughtful and planned, and I really love you. I really do. IU-ah, I miss you. If you see this, please reply back. Nothing's the same without you."

Send.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: T_T I feel so bad for making our Ang Ang suffer, I'M SO SORRY. YIKES, i just realized that this was very short, please bare with me my dear readers~ COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE AND HELP ME IMPROVE Hope you liked this chappie c: