-Forever-

Without U

IU’s POV

Crap. Crap. Crap. CRAP.

I stared at the figure standing by the door way, his lean body tensed with anger and confusion, and his eyebrows furrowed with worry in shock. Wooyoung, you’re here. For a second there, I felt happy after seeing his face for so long, but that quickly cleared away as I realized what he found out.

“What do you mean, dead?” The words he said kept on ringing in my ear, as if the truth wasn’t harsh enough, coming out of his mouth makes it sound 10 times scarier.

I swallowed, attempting to force out a chuckle which turned out as a somewhat choking sound, “What, what do you-mean, mean by that?”

“You know exactly what I mean. What’s going on?”

“W-what are you talking a-a-bout?”

 “Lee Ji-Eun, don’t play games with me. This isn’t funny,” He sighed, and then scrunched up his face as if trying to correctly word his upcoming sentence, “You, you…dead?” Traces of hurt can’t be helped but be heard from his voice, hearing him sound like that breaks my heart.

I opened my mouth, preparing to lie again although it hurts me so much to lie in front of him when suddenly a hand rested gently on my shoulder.

“Tell him the truth IU-ssi, he deserves to know.” I looked up to see a torn Nichkhun, staring down at me with his brown eyes as if supporting what’s left of me. When he saw that I didn’t react, he urged me to do so, “Go on. Tell him.”

I looked back at Nichkhun, then at Wooyoung.

He seemed so fragile, like a hurt little child. His cheeks were pink and puffy, turning redder and redder due to his anger. His eyes didn’t look mad though, all I saw was hurt, confusion, and longing. And his lips, trembling up and down. I felt so bad, all I wanted to do was grab his face and kiss those soft pink lips, telling him that I’m sorry, that I should have never lied.

But I didn’t dare say anything.

It’s for him IU, for Wooyoung. Not telling him was the best decision.

“Are you, not going to tell me?”

I looked down and didn’t reply as tears started rolling and tumbling down my face in a steady stream of wetness.

“Please, please just go. Forget about all this.” I quietly said, wiping my tears away secretly with my hands.

“I don’t want to. I don’t freakin’ want to IU! How the hell do you expect me to endure all those times alone without you? Without a single explanation? HOW?” His voice trembled with anger, I felt scared, he was never like this before.

”And now I chase you all the way here to overhear that you’re dead, and you won’t even tell me what’s really going on!? HOW IU, TELL ME HOW IN HELL AM I SUPPOSE TO BE FINE WITH THAT AND JUST LEAVE!?”

“I-I’m sorry, but-“

“No, you are not sorry. If you really are, you won’t just leave me without offering an explanation!” He walked in closer, and I cringed at his harsh words. I started to legit cry. The tears flowed down in a fast, steady pace dropping down on the hospital sheet, creating wet little dots.

“Stop it Wooyoung.” Nichkhun said calmly, walking over to him and touched his arm. “You’re not doing her any good.”

I saw him turn his face towards mine, with snot and tears all over my face and his expression softened as he realized what he has done, “. I’m sorry IU, I’m sorry.” And he walked over beside me and wiped away my tears with his hands, “I’m sorry. I wasn’t thinking.”

I trembled under his touch. His hands were so warm, it took me my whole strength to refrain myself from hugging him and keeping his hands forever by my side.

But, I failed to do so.

I felt my arms snaking around his waist and rested my head against his shoulder, breathing in his scent that I longed for so much. I know that this is a mistake if I but I don’t regret it at all. Finally. I can feel his sudden little jump out of surprise but very quickly, he hugged me back.

“I’ve missed you IU, you have no idea what life was like without you.”

“I know, and I’m sorry.”

I heard a cough from above and saw Nichkhun standing there with a twinkle in his eyes. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I will leave you two to peace.” and walked out of the room.

He chuckled and took a piece of my hair and tucked it behind my ear, “Anyways, you know what would make me extremely happy?”

“What?”

“Tell me what you meant by ‘dead’.”

 I sighed in defeat and nodded slowly, “But promise me you won’t over-react.”

“I won’t.”

I nodded slowly again, trying to find how to word what I was going to say correctly, “I-“ I looked up at him, seeing his face gave me courage, “I have Influenza. And I will be due to death in a week.”

I stared at me and blinked, registering the information in his head. He shook his head, as if denying what he heard. “You’re lying. “

I looked up at him while shaking my head and smiled weakly.

“You horrible girl, you’re lying.” His voice trembled slightly, while tears started to form in his eyes, “You’re lying. Tell me you’re lying.”

“It’s the truth Wooyoung.”

He looked down at his lap and I saw the tears dropping down on his jeans and felt teary myself as well, “Why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

“I couldn’t, who knows what you’ll do to yourself if you found out?” I cringed at the horrible thoughts, “I couldn’t let you know, so I left you and pretended to be with Nichkhun in hope that when I leave this world, you’ll forget all about me and continue on with your life.”

“You know I could never do that. I can never forget you. I’ll do anything for you.” And he slowly leaned in and connected his lips to mine. I smiled, enjoying the sensation that I haven’t felt for so long, savoring his delicious taste.

“Wooyoung?” I broke away from the kiss regretfully, “I do have one request.”

“Hm?”

I reached under my pillow and took out a green note book and opened it up, flipping to the last page. “Remember the bucket list I made with you?”

“Ya?”

“I want to do as much as I can with you before my time comes.” I handed him the list and scooched over beside him to read it with him.

 

 IU’s Bucket List
1. Bungee jumping~ >.< (Aish, too scary)
2. Ride in a hot air balloon ^-^
3. Write a message bottle and throw it into the ocean
4. Go to Paris and dine on top of the Eiffel Tower.

And the list goes on and on, I felt the tears coming back again as my eyes landed on the last one.

99. Be with Wooyoung-oppa forever and ever~ <3

Guess that won’t be happening…

I figured he got to the last one as well as he wrapped his arms around me and rocked me back and forth.

“Don’t worry IU. Only 1 out of 400 people die out of this disease. You’re one special girl! You’ll be the 1 out of the 400 people that’ll survive this. You have to. Trust me.” His voice broke on the last word, and we both closed our eyes and just sat there on the bed, embracing each other in our arms.

I missed you Wooyoung, I missed you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Thanks for reading my dear readers, before the end of the chappie, I would like to blabber abit and address a few things,
        1. Yes, yes, IU's dying. I'M SORRY. I'M SORRY. Nobody wants her dead but my plot was set like this from the very beginning and I don't want to drag things on with this story. ONCE AGAIN, I'M VERY,VERY SORRY. But I promise, that although she's going to be dead, I'll make sure the ending isn't going to be actually negative and sad, so please look forward to it!
        2. I just recentley found a story that was written before me and had the similar plot, I just want to clarify that I mean no plagarizm at all. I came up with the plot purely on my own, we just happened to have the same idea that's all. Just wanted to clear things up before people start to bash on me with loads of plagarizing assualts or something.
        That's all for today, thank you guys so much for reading and continuing to support my story. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE AMAZING COMMENTS, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT! <3