Eternity

Without U

Wooyoung’s POV

I grinned as I checked myself out in the mirror, my hair was combed smoothly, and all this brown iness was sitting calmly on my head. I decided to go with the denim jeans and leather jacket look as I pulled on my plain white t-shirt and threw my black leather jacket over top.

Damn Wooyoung, you’re looking fine!

Unintentionally, my eyes skimmed over a picture sitting near my drawer. I smiled when I saw IU-ssi’s face beaming up at me and felt my heart flutter slightly in thought that I would be seeing her today. It’s the day eh?

Upon finally knowing the truth, I have been practically dwelling in depression these past few days knowing that in less than a week, she won’t be here with me anymore. To make the last few days worth it, we decided to go over her bucket list and do as much as we can…

…Before time runs out.

I shook my head in disgust at my thoughts, today should be happy, light-hearted and fun, I can’t make this all depressed, and I can’t make her regret ever telling me, if it is her last days, I am determined to make these days the best she’s ever lived through.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 “AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH, WOOOYYYYOOOOOOUUUUUUUNNNNNNGGGGGG I’M GOING TO MURDER YOU FOR THIS! HOLY CRAP, THIS IS SO FREAKIN’ HIGHHHHHH!”

This. Is. Way. Too. Funny.

“Having fun IU-ssi?”  I yelled, leaning casually against the hand rail, teasing the poor girl struggling on the bungee cord, and laughed while she shot a continuous stream of curse words at me. Aigo, she’s just way too cute.

“GET ME OUT OF HERE!” I can hear her distant screaming, slightly blurred by the rumble of the wind, demanding me to let her set foot on ground for once.

“Aish, you’re no fun.” I chuckled, and motioned for the person operating the bungee jump to stop, “That’ll be enough, you can let her up now.”

The minute her feet landed on the ground, she ran towards me and literately tackled me to the ground.

“YOU BASTARD , DO YOU KNOW HOW SCARY THAT WAS?”

“Woah-ho, calm down there IU, you’re suffocating me!”

Her grasp loosened after she heard me and mumbled a quiet sorry, “But you shouldn’t have brought me here and made me ride…” She made a disgusted face while directing her hand towards the cliff, “…that thing.

“Aweh, sorry kiddo. But you were the one who wrote it on the list, I’m just simply doing you a favour that’s all.” I smiled and winked at her.

She pouted and made a face, “If you have eyes, you can clearly see that I crossed it out. CROSSED IT OUT. And made a point saying that it was too scary to actually do it. YOU’RE BLIND JANG WOOYOUNG!”

“But you still love me.”

“No.”

“Aw, c’mon, admit it.”

She crossed her arms and shook her head, “No.”

I smiled mischievously and slowly leaned slowly towards her, “Oh, is that right?”

I can feel her slight tremble and hear her weak little “Yes.”

“I’ll make that change.” But before I could kiss her, I felt a little push on my chest.

“Nu-uh. No kisses for you unless you go on it.” I grinned at me, with an evil twinkle in her eyes.

“W-what? Go on what?“

“MR.OPERATOR AHJUSSI! My boyfriend here would like to try it as well.” She looked back at me and smiled her sweetest, most innocent smile, “And make sure to make it last long and high.”

“Huh? NOO!” I came to my senses as she pushed me towards the hill to get buckled up. Oh .

“That’s right, no one messes with Lee Ji-Eun, got that boy?” and with that, she pushed me down the hill.

“AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. “ Holy , this is actually legit horrifying. And in the distance, I could hear IU’s voice, full of laughter, yelling.

“Having fun Wooyoung-oppa?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We hiked along the mountain, advancing towards the sky terrace on the very top of N Seoul Tower.  The drive to Namsan was long, but we made good use of it in the car by goofing off and singing along to the songs playing on the radio.

It’s not far up, just a few more steps.” Upon seeing IU’s tired face and broken pants, I reassured her.

“I’m not tired.” She grudgingly said, piping up her voice to prove her point.

“Ahaha, sure you’re not.” I chuckled, and looked up at the entrance, “Oh, we’re here.”

The door opened to reveal the sky terrace. I took IU’s hand and walked slowly into the night’s air.

I heard IU gasped at the sight, and honestly, the scene was utterly breath taking.

From the very top, we could see the entire Seoul, with its flashing headlights, and neon signs. Little cars trailed along the highway like ants. And the best part about this, are the lockets.

Thousands of different coloured lockets paired themselves with each other on the fences surrounding the sky terrace, with promises and vows made to each other to love for eternity, to remain together for eternity.

Eternity.

I dug into my bag for the 2 lockets and sharpies that I have prepared and handed one of each to IU, “Here, we’ll lock it up when we’re done.” She took them and walked to the other side to write on hers.

I turned my attention to mine as well, for some reason, I felt sad. Maybe because it’s for the fact that I know that these prophecies don’t necessarily come true. I bet loads of these lock’s owner who made a “vow” to forever remain together are long separated by now. And IU and I will too. Destiny is cruel, for forcing us to separate like this.

I took the cap off of my sharpie and began to write on the lock.

Maybe this will come true, maybe we actually will be together with each other, for eternity.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Days passed, and slowly, we have crossed out half of what is on IU’s bucket list.

Today, our stop is Busan, Haeundae Beach

I decided that visiting my hometown Busan was a great idea, since one of her wishes was to write a message bottle into the ocean, Busan had like, one of the best beaches in Korea, it’ll be fun.

And fun was exactly what we had.

It was a great weather that day, for once the weather was actually accurate. The sun burned on the sand as we walked along the shore hand in hand, creating memories of footprints behind us. The water shined and flashed as we splashed each other with water while laughing in joy. And being the little kid that we truly are at heart, we built sand castles and spent the majority of the time destroying them.

But time passed too fast, in a blink of the eye, it was already dawn. We sat on the sand and looked out the ocean, which was now glistening under the falling sun’s shine.

“Y’know, of the entire time we’ve been together, you’ve never brought me here before. Busan’s really amazing.”

I nodded and said, “It’s a special place for me I guess, I practically spent my entire childhood here.” Suddenly remembering her bucket list, I apologetically said, “Uhm IU? About your wish on the bucket list, I sorta forgot to bring the bottle and stuff.”

“It’s fine, I have it with me.” I watched as she took out a little, delicate glass bottle, a scroll of paper and a little pen and began to write.

And that’s all I did for the rest of the day, I sat there and stared at her. Her long brown hair blowed in the wind’s roar, and her face was concentrated on the task in front of her.

She really is pretty.

Her sudden burst of movement snapped my out of my daze.

“Babo, what are you staring at?” She laughed and popped the cap back on the bottle, with a scroll of paper now kept safely inside, “I’m all done.”

I watched as she tossed the bottle into the ocean and quietly whispered, “I wonder if this will ever get to anyone.”

Out of pure curiosity, I asked, “What did you write?”

And she threw me a line that confused my poor little mind, “Eternity.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hi guys, back with a slight bit off fluff~ I'm all happy, finally being able to write something light-hearted instead of all those angst things. And believe it or not, the story is actually nearing to the end, just around 2 more chapters or so, yes, i know, it's a pretty short story, but I honestly don't know what to write anymore without plainly dragging the whole thing on. THANK YOU FOR READING, and comments&subs are greatly appreciated~