=Epilogue=

Without U

 

2 Years Later- Wooyoung’s POV

Busan was the same as always, and the beach seems so familiar as if it was only yesterday that we stayed here and watched the sunset.

Times do go by very quickly.

I watched the little kids splashing around in the water with glee, without a single care in their care free little world, and I have to admit, I envy them. They have such innocent eyes that regard the world as a harmless place, they haven’t seen how cruel our fate is, and how much we have to go through.

It’s nice really, to be able to think like that. I just can’t afford to lose anymore.

Today should be our 3 year anniversary together, but I guess fate stepped in and stopped it. Truthfully, I can’t help myself but always constantly wonder that if she was still here, what will we be doing at the moment? Will we be still together?

Years did go by when the tragedy happened, words can’t explain how heartbroken I was, to see the person that I love so dearly fade away from my grasp without being able to do anything to help her, to keep her by my side. I felt useless.

But I’ve learned to move on. I decided that I’m not going to be one of those useless people who keep clinging to the past, no matter how beautiful it is. I’ve tried to stop myself from crying at nights, tried to force myself to keep up my social life and tried to motivate myself to live my own life. After all, that’s what she wanted me to do all alone.

It’s what she wanted. That’s what I kept on telling myself.

And I guess my life returned to normal, except for the fact that I didn’t bother seeing other girls. Maybe later on I will consider it, but for now, I still need mending.  She was such a strong impact on me, honestly, I just can’t let her go. I would also have nightmares occasionally at night when I feel lonely, and realized that I don’t have the ability to call her or to text her for comfort. I would constantly miss her, looking at those old photographs and recalling back memories, tears will stream down my face.

I’m not gonna lie and insist that I was totally fine. I was nowhere near that. Even though it’s been 2 years, I would still sometimes angrily curse out at the world for bringing horrible fate upon us. I would blame myself for not being there when she needed it. It just wasn’t fair. Those thoughts constantly ring themselves in my ear.

Still, I tried. For her.

I sat down on the sand and looked at the ocean. I smiled at the memories of our last day together, when we sat at the exact same spot, looking at the sun set while she wrote down her message bottle.

I wonder what happened to it.

It’s amazing really, how things happen in our world. The cliché-ness was almost comforting and fitting. Almost the very minute I thought of that, a slight bump was felt near my sandals. I looked down, and saw a message bottle.

No, not a message bottle. The message bottle.

It was hers.

Her name was written in cursive across the bottle, the very near writing made my eyes swell up. Just with a single glance and I could tell. I fumbled clumsily with the cord, and ended up biting it off, and dumped the piece of parchment out.

I felt nervous for some reason, I felt that I was holding something holy, something that was precious to not only her, but I as well. I felt that this was the moment I’ve been waiting for all these 2 years. And who she wrote it to was even a question.

But my question was answered.

Wooyoung-ah,

I can almost hear her soft voice singing my name near my ear, and how much I longed for it.

They say that love, never dies. That it’s always there when you need it, and it’s always something that remain forever alive. And I believe them. I don’t know why I held the hope that this will someday get to you, but countless miracles have happened to us, and I hope that this is no exception.

If you do get this Wooyoung, I sincerely wish you a great life. By now, I am probably not by your side, I’ll probably be watching you from above, but if fate is kind to us, maybe I’ll be right beside you at this very moment, laughing at my foolish-ness for thinking that this will somehow get to you someday.

Its fate that brought us together, we fell in love on set due to our constant chase of our dreams. And I guess its fate that will separate us apart. I’ll be lying if I don’t say that the days I spent with you were some of my most precious memories, the words exchanged with you were the words that ran in my head on my last few thoughts. And those kisses we shared were painted and cherished on my lips for eternity.

And you if can recall, I never said those three words.

I never said those three words that you always said to me. I never dared to say them Wooyoung. I was afraid of what might happen to you if I was gone, love is a mutual feeling shared, and you have to understand that I do share those feelings as well, don’t ever doubt that.

But what needs to happen has got to happen. And please, don’t cling on to the past, no matter how much we both treasured it. People walk out of each other’s life constantly, and leaving a small part on those every time and they cannot be erased. I want you to enjoy the best of your life as possible, I don’t want you to ruin your future because of me.

I still hope that you’ll remember what we did together, I still hope that you’ll remember our feelings. But I want you to move on and smile, that’s what makes me the happiest. On those days where you want to cry, remember that I’ll still be there with you. Hugging you tight on those sleepless nights, laughing along with you on those joyful times. Know that I’m always here, and that I love you.

Forever yours,

IU

By the time I finished, tears were rolling down my eyes rapidly.

I was proud that I did what she wanted me to do, and I’ll continue and try my best to move on.

I looked up at the sky, I guess she’s still with me in some ways. I can’t deny the fact that I miss her so much, enough to sacrifice myself to be with her.

But I know she’s watching down on me, and always being by my side.

And that’s all I’ll ever ask for.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: THAT'S IT! T_T I've decided to make an epilogue instead as I have no idea what else to write. So what'd you guys think? Was it a satisfying enough ending? I really hope you guys liked it, and thank you for supporting me the entire time on the fanfic. You have no idea how much I love you people. It was my first fanfic and I honestly couldn't have done it without all of you. Thank you for the subscribers for keeping my motivation up, thank you to the lovely comments that helped me improve and keep on going and thank you also to the silent readers for still supporting me. Thank you thank you thank you. <3