The Chase

Without U

A/N: Sorry for not updating in awhile, I was studying for this major contest and it's tomorrow <.< On a side note, thank you guys so much for the amazing comments, you have no idea how much it means to me~ Hope you guys like this chappie~ muah*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Annyeong Nichkhun Oppa, let’s go.”

Eh? EH? What is this? Nichkhun…oppa?

I stared at the leaving couple with my mouth hung open, eyes filled with rage. I turned around and raised my eyebrow at my members, asking for an explanation of what in the name of god is going on. And all I got back was the same reaction I had. Everyone had a perfect “o” formed on their mouths.

“O..omo. This isn’t good.” Taecyeon muttered.

Is this a ing joke? What the hell is going on?  How can she just barge in on our studio recording, and who is she looking for? Oho, not me. Nope. Nichkhun. She is looking for Nichkhun.

Just what the hell is her problem? All of a sudden, she just randomly leaves me, and then comes looking for me saying for me to forget her, and now she’s all happy and giddy, skipping off with Nichkhun to god knows where doing god knows what.

And what the hell is HIS problem? My so called “hyung”, who knows probably more than any of my other members, decides to just betray me!? I can feel my fist clenching up, shaking alongside of my body. Does he have anything called pride? Respect? Dignity?

And suddenly, my body went limb as a thought formed.

Is that why she left me? Because of Nichkhun? I just wasn’t good enough, eh? So she had to go and turn to Nichkhun. The perfect angel Nichkhun that everybody loves.

And all my anger left me, leaving me with no energy left. I just felt betrayed, and tired. It’s not her fault that Nichkhun was just so god damn attractive, and it’s not his fault that he was born looking like some kind of sculpture. I’m just not good enough.

So I let myself tumble to the ground, hugging my knees like a useless person. It’s no use doing anything anyways. He’s always going to be better than me.

I’m never going to be good enough.

“Yah, get up.”

I looked up to a stern Junsu, looking down at me with his lips pursed in a straight line. “Is this what you’re going to do? Just sitting here and watch them go!? GO! CHASE AFTER THEM! GET A PROPER EXPLANATION BABO!”

I blinked.

“Eh?”

He sighed and rolled his eyes, “Are you legit going to sit here? Are you going to let them go without any explanation on what’s going on? You’re a man Wooyoung. When someone takes your girl away, you CHASE. AFTER. THEM.”

I slowly nodded, taking in his words in my messed up head.

Wait. That’s right. What am I doing sitting here like a pathetic puppy? He can’t just take her away like that, I need to know why.

“YAH! GET BACK HERE!” I got up and yelled after the long gone couple, turning my head around at the corner of the corridor and yelled a thank you to Junsu as well, “KAMSHAMIDA HYUNG!”

I ran out the building, turning my head in an attempt to find them. Aish, where are they? And just like that, I saw the back of their heads getting into a taxi.

“W-wait up! TELL ME WHAT’S GOING ON!”

The taxi turned into its gear and sped down the road, I shook my head in disappointment. Aishhh, if only I didn’t waste those minutes sitting down and mourning, I could’ve catched them by now! Determined to catch up to them, I hopelessly started running, in hope that the months of training paid off when I actually needed to run.

Half way down the road, I realized that it was pointless running after them. Ah, they’re in a god damn car, how am I supposed to catch up to them? Oh! Taxi,taxi,taxi! As if they heard my thoughts, a taxi instantly popped up and I quickly got in.

“Annyeong, sir, where might you be-OMO! It’s you from the airport last time!” I looked up to a familiar face, smiling down at me.

“Oh! It’s the taxi driver that drove me to the airport! Annyeong!” I bowed my head slightly.

“Ah, aigo, looks like you’re in a hurry again! Where are you going this time?”

“Uhm, I, don’t know.” Realizing how pathetic that sounds, I instantly told him, “Oh, Ahjussi, can you follow that taxi that just passed by?”

“Aish, youngsters these days…Alright, alright.” He chuckled lightly and started up the car.

“Thank you, ahjussi!” I muttered while quickly dialing the number that I know so well, in hope that he will pick up. Nichkhun you bastard, pick up the phone!

“Uhm, young men, they’ve stopped here.” I looked up from concentrating on my phone so much and frowned at the scene in front of me.

Hospital? What are they doing at a hospital?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nichkhun’s POV

I walked with IU to the doctor, silently cursing myself for lying to Wooyoung like this. But he can’t know what’s going on, just not yet, with the amount of passion he has for IU. Who knows what he might do?

I watched as the nurse laid IU down on the bed and sighed to myself.

I hate myself for keeping this secret and making everyone hurt. Just the sight of Wooyoung’s face when we left made me hate myself like never before. But it’s all for his good, and it’s her wish.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wooyoung’s POV

“Ah, thank you.” I nodded at the nurse that guided me to the room that IU and Nichkhun were currently in. Still confused, I walked slowly towards the room.

Aish, out of all the places, why are they here? Oh, room 202.

I hesitantly placed my hands on the door knob, about to turn it and barge in when I heard voices from inside. Deciding that listening for a little bit won’t hurt, I quietly placed my head on the door.

“IU-ah, are you sure it’s alright to keep Wooyoung from knowing? I mean-“ I recognized Nichkhun’s voice.

Eh? Oh, knowing that they’ve been hiding the fact that they were secretly dating behind my back? BASTARDS.

“I have to, it’s for his sake,” And her voice floated out from the door. I could recognize that voice from anywhere.

Yah, Wooyoung, what are you thinking after all that she has done to you? And what do you think you’re doing, eavesdropping on their conversation? GO IN!

I nodded to myself, creaking the door open, about to go in, when I heard something that stopped me dead in my tracks.

“If he finds out that I'm dying. I don’t know what he’ll do to himself. I can’t let that happen to him.”

“What do you mean, dead?” I stepped into the room.