05

Starent High School Host Club: Boyfriend style ♡

 

     

         

               “When you walk, walk with a straight back with your chin up high. Do not walk as if you’re a swaggin’ commoner.” Jeongmin instructed with a point of his finger. You immediately straightened your back. Swaggin’ commoner…? What book has he been reading? He snapped his fingers in front of your face and you came back from your daze. “Joohyun? Don’t be sleeping on me here. We have to get the basics into you.” He gave you a stern look. “Now that you have mastered the art of walking like a true gentleman, I shall teach you how to serve a customer. Kwangmin? Please fetch me a cup!” Kwangmin saluted and ran over with a purple tea cup.

                Jeongmin raised the cup to your eye level. “Here, you hold onto the cup handle normally, but leave your pinky out!” He handed you the cup. “Now place it down.” You did what he told you to do. Jeongmin shook his head. “No no no. You have to be gentler with the cup. Use your pinky to cushion the landing so that there won’t be any loud sounds.” He said and placed his pinky below the teacup, he placed it down and like he said, it didn’t make a noise. You blew your bangs up.

                “Well. Okay then.” You crossed your arms. “What’s next?”

                “So great for you to ask! Next we’ll be observing your hosting skills of course!”

                “Observing hosting skills……wait what?! Hosting skills?!” You cried out in surprise. “B-but, that means…you’re going to be watching me?!” Jeongmin nodded.

                “Why yes I am. There are a few girls waiting to be served there. Donghyun called them in earlier so that we could test you.” He pointed to three girls sitting around a table, giggling as they watched you and Jeongmin. You groaned. “Now now, don’t be so miserable on the fact that you wouldn’t be as great as me at hosting but I suppose that you can pass off decently. Now off you go!” Jeongmin gently pushed you towards the girls and their giggles seemed to have gotten louder. You nervously looked back at the smiling king and cleared your throat before proceeding forward. Each step seemed heavier than the step before. It felt like it took ages to reach the table.

                “Annyeong! Are you Joohyun ssi? The new host?” One of the girls asked, grinning widely at you. You nodded quickly. You looked at each of their faces and felt a surge of hope run through your body. This shouldn’t be too hard, I just have to try my best right? Those 100 customers are nothing. You told yourself. Unleash the host within. You cleared your mind and looked back down at their expectant faces.

                “I am Joohyun…..would you ladies want some tea or fancy a biscuit?” You smiled charmingly. The girls swooned at your bright face. 100 customers 100 customers. You continued to chant. A girl with long red hair spoke up.

                “A-ah…it’s fine. We just wanted to talk to you since Donghyun oppa said that you were new and all.” She smiled shyly. “Please sit down and talk to us?” It was more of a question than a statement but you took a seat anyway.

                “So what are your names? It’ll be a shame if I didn’t know what to call you; a man’s job is to know everything about the woman he favors after all.” You propped your arm underneath your chin and continued to smile, showing off the eye smile you never imagined would look cute in someone else’s eyes. The girl that just spoke blushed madly and covered her face with her hands. Another girl took her place in speaking.

                “I’m Gyuri. Nice to meet you cutie.” She winked. The girl next to her spoke up next. “Annyeonghaseyo, Goo Hara imnida. Just call me Hara, Aigoo…you look younger than me! How old are you Joohyun ssi?” Hara cooed. You tilted your head slightly to the side and smiled again.

                “Kang Joohyun, 17.” You opened your mouth to ask for Hara’s age but then remember that Jeongmin told you that asking for a lady’s age was impolite. You pouted unconsciously. Hara seemed to have noticed your distress because she answered it for you.

                “I’m 18. Guess I’m your noona huh?” She reached over and pinched you lightly on the cheek. You grinned cheekily. “Hara noona?” She squealed again. “Aigoo kyeopta!” Gyuri giggled on the side.

                “I’m your noona too!” The red headed girl from before shyly peeked from behind her long bangs. “I’m Jiyoung….nice to meet you. We’re the same age.” Her cheeks were a light peek.

                “I’m so glad that I’m a host! Now I have two noonas and a chingu my age!” You giggled and clapped your hands joyfully. “I like this school.” Gyuri and Hara squealed in unison. They both hugged you at the same time while cooing over your aegyo which you didn’t know you had.

                “Kyah you’re so cute!” “I’m requesting for you next time!”

                The members of the host club looked form behind the couch. They were surprised. They were shocked. They were in awe.

                “Why is he so good at this?” Jeongmin muttered with his eyes still large from shock. Minwoo hugged his stuff bear tighter.

                “Wah…hyung is a natural at this! Jjang!” He gave a thumbs up in your direction. The twins nodded in agreement. Jeongmin turned back and sat normally in his seat deep in thought. Youngmin noticed him and copied his movements.

                “What are you doing boss?” He questioned. Jeongmin furrowed his eyebrows together.

                “It seems that we have a new type in this club.” “EH?!” Minwoo and the twins cried in unison. Donghyun looked up from his pad.

                “And what is that….king?” Jeongmin smirked and nodded in satisfaction. “I have taught him well! The new host is…………Host Club’s little brother type. Otherwise known as the type that all females want as their little brother or younger boyfriend!” He grinned in triumph. Kwangmin shook his head.

                “Totally makes sense, but how do you even get these ideas?”

                “Someone’s been watching too much dramas these days ~” Minwoo chimed.

                “Oh shush you.”