Chapter 7

Experience? I Don't Have Any...

 

“Hey, where are your parents?”

He closed the door behind us. “Oh? Didn’t you see mom? She was asleep downstairs, and dad is at work.”

Oh. So that’s why the house was so quiet. Anyway, I sat on a chair in front of his computer. “Hey, can I surf the net?” “Douzo. Go ahead. I’m gonna get us some drinks.” “Arigato!”

He closed the door. I opened his browser. Oh! His Famebook is still on. Oh Maki…that’s interrupting another person’s privacy. Log off, will you?

I was about to click the log off button when the cursor suddenly moved to the left part of the screen and my finger clicked another link.

“Ugh…the mouse isn’t working too well…”

The link led to another window. I saw a picture.

It’s…Sayu-san…

“Here! Got some apple juice! Want some?” The door suddenly opened.

“EEEEK!!!!”

Tegoshi looked puzzled. “Oi, something wrong? No need to be so startled.”

I quickly hid the picture and clicked the log off button and closed the browser. “Erm…haha…uh…g-gomen…”

His face looked even more puzzled. “Huh? You okay? What happened?” I shook my head. “N-Nothing!” “Maki-chan…tell me.”

His face is closer to mine now. Eeeep…I looked away.

“Y-You…wouldn’t want to know.” “Try me. You saw something, didn’t you?” “No. I was just making fun of you. Um…Can we just start practicing now?”

He gave out a heavy sigh. “Awww, fine.” “Uh…Tegoshi?” “Yeah?” “I’m using your bathroom…please excuse me.” “Yeah, sure.”

I quickly…literally…ran out of his room. Sigh.

I saw his ex-girlfriend again. I’m not too sure he’d be happy seeing her face again. I mean…he was…

…really hurt before.

Good thing I clicked the log off button and hid the picture. I used the bathroom and waited a bit outside his room. I gave out a huge sigh and entered.

“…!”

There he was, sitting in front of his computer, looking at the picture of his ex girlfriend. He closed the window and turned off the computer. He slowly looked at me. And smiled. I felt awkward.

“Er…” I said, trying to smile back. “S-Shall we start…?”

He stood up. “You don’t need to hide it. It’s okay.”

I couldn’t look at him. “H-How did you—“

He laughed. “I looked at the history. I saw the picture of Sayu.”

I lowered my head. “Gomen. I was about to press the log-off button and I didn’t mean to suddenly open her picture…my finger slipped and…it…well…I’m really sorry. You’re angry…aren’t you?”

He shook his head and placed his hand on my shoulder. “No I’m not. I don’t want to be affected by past events anymore, and besides,” He gave me another one of his big grins again. “if I had a bad temper, then I wouldn’t be the Tegoshi you guys get along with, right?”

I smiled a little. “Hmmm, you’re right. Sorry again, ‘kay?” He sighed. “Huh…stop apologizing and let’s just practice for your date!”

I nodded. “Mmm!”

We both sat across each other on his bed. He raised a finger. “On a date, first of all, you have to be calm. And…you need to pay attention to your partner. When he talks to you or does something, don’t leave him hanging in the air. What I mean by that is don’t just doze off or space out.”

I nodded. “Got it.”

“And for example…you want to ask him something, don’t hesitate to, as long as the question is not rude.”

I nodded again.

“Last but not the least…have fun.”

We practiced on what to do. Table manners and escorting and all that stuff…I had trouble at first, but it went along fine. When we were done, he stood up and grinned. “So, any questions?”

We both went downstairs and walked towards the main entrance. I wore my shoes and stood up.

Well, all this time I’ve been meaning to ask something…

I gulped and raised my hand. “Um..what if he…uh…” “What if he did what?”

But…

I guess I’ll hold back for now. I doubt it will happen in our date anyway.

“Never mind, forget it Tegoshi. Thanks for today.” He gave me a puzzled look. “Are you sure?” I nodded. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” I opened the door and left him with a question mark on his face.

But I did see him wave his hand at me and close the door.

That night, I kept thinking about what might happen on Sunday.

But the question that I was about to ask Tegoshi a while ago still lingered in my head. It’s quite impossible and it’s a BIG what IF…

But…

What IF…senpai confesses? What would I do by then…?