Chapter 4

Experience? I Don't Have Any...

 

“Ah, ohayo Horikita-san. How are you? We haven’t spoken in a while haven’t we?”

He spoke with a calm and charming voice, just like Koike-senpai does. Tegoshi’s eyes seemed to tease me. Shimatta…! Now I can’t help remembering Koike-senpai…!

“A-Ah…Hahaha…O-Ohayo Koike-senpai…”

I can’t believe this. He’s not even the real one and yet I’m acting like this. My imagination is overpowering me already!

“Ne, Horikita-san, how’s school going?” “Ah? I…uh…It’s fine I guess…” He gave me a perplexed look. “Fine? What’s wrong? Are you having trouble with a subject? Is it math? I can help you if you want.”

“It’s okay. I get average grades…”

Tegoshi is pretty good at this. He could be a con artist one day…

“So…hmmm…are we friends? You know what I mean.” He placed his hand on the back of his neck in a shy way and he started to look in another direction. I just nodded. He’s cute when he does that. Tegoshi I mean.

“Yokatta! I thought you disliked me…Arigato ne.”

We were both quiet for a few moments. Then he muttered. “You .”

“Wh-what the…?” I snapped at him. “W-What was that?! You were shaking and all! It’s a C-!!!” He formed a C with his left hand.

I felt like throwing him out of the window. “That’s the first time I ever got a C…” He gave out a long sigh and turned to the window. “It was pretty obvious that you liked him you know. You shouldn’t do that.” “I’m sorry okay?! My imagination just…went wild.”

He turned his head to look at me. “You…” Then he gave out a gasp and broke into a smile. “You naughty—“

I threw a pillow at him. He’s not going to continue that sentence. EVER.

“I’m not like that!!!” I laughed and kept hitting him with a pillow. “Really? Ecchi-chan!!! Maki you ert!!! You’re fantasizing about him at night aren’t you?” Then he hit me with another pillow. “Urusai!!” We both laughed. We jumped on my bed and kept on hitting each other. This is the first time I had fun with him in a while…

The pillow fight lasted for a good 10 minutes. Suddenly, we both felt tired. We lied down. I panted. My heart felt like it was going to burst. …I used up almost all of my energy.

I turned my head to the right and saw Tegoshi’s smiling face. I jeered. “What?”

He gave out a wry smile. “Nothing.” “Really, what is it?” He wiped my forehead with the sleeve of his gray jacket. “You’re sweating, a lot.”

I couldn’t look at him much longer. Yep. My face reddened and I quickly sat up. I grabbed Claire and hugged her. He also sat up. “Is something wrong?”

Idiot. You shouldn’t do that so suddenly…Wiping my forehead and then smiling at me. My heart belongs to Koike-senpai you know…

Chotto matte…why am I think like this?

“Nothing, baka.” He punched my arm. “What was that for? Is there something wrong with that? We’re best friends anyway…” The he hugged me from behind. We both fell back on the bed. “Tegoshi…” “Yeah?” “You’re like a kid.”

A loud series of knock suddenly broke the silence in the room. We both sat up quickly. “Maki, what’s with the loud noise?”

Shimatta. I’m still in my house.

I told Tegoshi to leave. “Ja ne.” I whispered. “Thanks for the lesson. I’ll IMPROVE myself. Yakusoku. I promise.”

“Don’t make promises. Just do your best. I’m rooting for you.” He waved good bye and left through the window.

“Hai, kaa-san. Gomen. Sorry about that! I’m going to sleep now. Oyasumi!” I lay down once again and closed my eyes. I learned something new today. Never talk like that. It’ll creep senpai out. I will not let Tegoshi’s efforts go to waste.  And I’m doing this for myself as well.

Gambatte. Good luck Maki.